Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 155 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #31216
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsport View Post
Congrats. Are you going to post some pictures?
Yeah, i'll try to snap some tomorrow.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #31217
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedExposure View Post
Just bought 3.
I'm tempted to do the same, but the ffl transfer on each one kinda turns the great deal in to a good deal. I'll start watching prices on armslist and try to find something in state. Would love to have a few extras, as well as AR-10 lowers for future builds already in the safe.

Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: DeAGMxYPTdjUA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
I've tried to talk myself into appreciating winter for what it is: a brutally cold, bleak, dark, crippling, depressing, boring, endless hole in the calendar.
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #31218
Apxgrndr
In the snow

Oddometer: 875
I've been on the lookout for a Smith Model 41 for a few years now but they are pretty pricey, found this one used and got it for a great price.

Now I hadn't ever tried one but heard all about how great they are, this is a huge understatement. You really have to shoot one to believe just how awesome this pistol is, glass rod trigger and
Old 11-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #31219
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,503

My dad's 41. He bought this one circa 1961 or 62, so it's over 50 years old. I shot it some as a kid, and he shot it a lot. I inherited it when he passed in '07. I haven't used it since then. Mostly that's because I bought my own in 1978, not this style but one virtually identical to Apxgrndr's 41. They are amazing .22s. I had an opportunity about a year ago to buy another really nice one for $650, but passed it up. Kinda wish I'd bought it, but couldn't really rationalize getting a third one!

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #31220
Apxgrndr
In the snow

Oddometer: 875
That's awesome that you have you're dads, hopefully one day this one will go to my son, I can't imagine selling it any time soon.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #31221
gatling
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,139
My Weatherby Vanguard. It is a tack driver. .300 Weatherby Mag and it shoots 1/2-inch groups at 100 yards.

'10 California Scooter (my Baja Blaster!)
gatling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #31222
gatling
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post

My dad's 41. He bought this one circa 1961 or 62, so it's over 50 years old. I shot it some as a kid, and he shot it a lot. I inherited it when he passed in '07. I haven't used it since then. Mostly that's because I bought my own in 1978, not this style but one virtually identical to Apxgrndr's 41. They are amazing .22s. I had an opportunity about a year ago to buy another really nice one for $650, but passed it up. Kinda wish I'd bought it, but couldn't really rationalize getting a third one!

Awesome handguns.
'10 California Scooter (my Baja Blaster!)
gatling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:40 AM   #31223
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apxgrndr View Post
I've been on the lookout for a Smith Model 41 for a few years now but they are pretty pricey, found this one used and got it for a great price.

Now I hadn't ever tried one but heard all about how great they are, this is a huge understatement. You really have to shoot one to believe just how awesome this pistol is, glass rod trigger and
I had cash in hand about a year ago and wanted one....but then I picked it up....OMG are peoples hands really that fricken big. I could not get my hands around the thing. Not comfortable for me at all. I ended up with a little colt automatic and called it a day....a woodsman before it said woodsman on the side. Fits like it was made for me. I noticed that about all the smith 22 automatics....that are all made for people with huge hands. Not made for me at all.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:51 AM   #31224
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,218
Quote:

Another gun on my list.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #31225
ShadyRascal
Master of None

Oddometer: 5,749
Quote:

You really have to shoot one to believe just how awesome this pistol is, glass rod trigger and
Never had the chance to handle a 41, but a while back I ended up with a Hi Standard Victor. Probably a very close facsimile of the 41. My gosh is it a pleasure to shoot.

Evolution, or, natural selection, has nothing to do with better.

It merely weeds out what is no longer suitable for the given context.

Originally Posted by Dragoon

I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle.
ShadyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #31226
engineman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:

When I was in navy ROTC at iowa state we had a bunch of these for the pistol team. When the effing EPA closed down our indoor range they disbanded the teams. I've often wondered where they ended up. They were sweet pistols.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
engineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #31227
k12lts
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingDangKid View Post
Does anyone here have a .458 Socom upper? How is recoil? I'm thinking about picking one up for novelty reasons only(no semi auto hunting in PA.) How is the recoil? I've read some reviews saying it kicks like a 12 gauge slug, others say its pretty mild.

Like I said it's for novelty purposes only, not really concerned about starting a debate if it's the best way to spend my money, I know it's not
I have one I use for deer hunting (legal in Indiana). Recoil is less than a 12ga slug but more than a 308. Accurate to 200 yards on deer. Some say more, but not with me behind it. Ammo is expensive but no more than 12ga sabots. It's not a plinking gun.
1981 BMW R100RS
2006 KLR 650
k12lts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #31228
C/1/509
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,584
Quote:

Love those!
C/1/509 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #31229
Jayrod1318
Probably drunk

Oddometer: 1,340
Old 11-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #31230
RonS
Out there...

Oddometer: 16,605
Quote:

Sold a long barrel version of that about 30 years ago. Been kicking myself in the ass every since.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: