Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 623 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 05:49 AM   #32746
Tanshanomi
Your Favorite Uncle

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsport View Post
I'm still curious about the Walther CCP and the CZ 2075 Rami. I think I would also like to handle a S&W M&P45c.

I thought the CZ Rami was the gun for me until I handled it. I thought the trigger action was rather disappointing for a pistol in that price range.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:10 AM   #32747
ChromeSux
Plated and screwed

Oddometer: 1,382
S&W Shield

+1 For Shield
Girlfriend bought the 9mm and has been shooting 50-100 rounds every sunday for 16 weeks. The thing shoots good and we run everything thru it. Has only jammed 2 times and that was on our reloads. The jams also may be due to the fact we seldom clean it, we just keep the slide oiled.
ChromeSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #32748
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromesux View Post
+1 for shield
girlfriend bought the 9mm and has been shooting 50-100 rounds every sunday for 16 weeks. The thing shoots good and we run everything thru it. Has only jammed 2 times and that was on our reloads. The jams also may be due to the fact we seldom clean it, we just keep the slide oiled.
+2
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #32749
ILuvUMan
Opinions Vary

Oddometer: 22,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badge320 View Post
I just picked this up today. My new duty pistol. Smith and Wesson .357 Performance Center 7 shot. I'm pretty excited.

Wow Badge, SSUUUWWWEEEeeettttt. That is one nice looking Pistol. Never seen one of those before. That Barrel length looks a lot like my Model 19 and Model 66s. Is that 2.5" Barrel?

What kind of Ammo can you put in it per your Police Department? .357 or +P 38 Special? Not all will let you put .357 in, that's why I asked.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #32750
ILuvUMan
Opinions Vary

Quote:
I'll start carrying the gun in the picture I posted as soon as I can qualify with it.
I use to alternate between 4" and 2.5" and 2" barrels all the time when in LE. Seems like a strange requirement. The 4 and 2.5 where S&W. The 2" Colt.

Bring pictures, I want to see that target.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #32751
Badge320
Wild Hog No. 3

Oddometer: 3,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvUMan View Post
Wow Badge, SSUUUWWWEEEeeettttt. That is one nice looking Pistol. Never seen one of those before. That Barrel length looks a lot like my Model 19 and Model 66s. Is that 2.5" Barrel?

What kind of Ammo can you put in it per your Police Department? .357 or +P 38 Special? Not all will let you put .357 in, that's why I asked.
2.5 inch barrel. The three speedloaders I ordered came in today. The holster hasn't arrived yet. I put .38 +P in all my .357 wheelguns. I can carry the full monte if I want to...the +P has more than enough stopping power and I don't get the 6ft flame out of the muzzle.
Badge320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #32752
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,473
Quote:
I just picked this up today. My new duty pistol. Smith and Wesson .357 Performance Center 7 shot. I'm pretty excited.

Uff da.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #32753
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
2.5 inch barrel. The three speedloaders I ordered came in today. The holster hasn't arrived yet. I put .38 +P in all my .357 wheelguns. I can carry the full monte if I want to...the +P has more than enough stopping power and I don't get the 6ft flame out of the muzzle.
Out of curiosity have you tried the stepped down Magnums? A bit more zip than a +P but not the Shock and Awe of the full powered rounds.

CorBon DPX and Remington Gold Dot are two I'm aware of.

I don't know if they are really worth it over a good .38 +P though as good hits are, as you well know, what really matter.

Interestingly- for me- I've been playing with the idea of getting my CCW again. (I dropped it cause I only carried on about one bike trip) which gets me thinking about a CCW gun. The only moderately appropriate regular CCW pistol I have is a Glock 19-- and I'm not a huge fan of the striker fired system. (for me) Really thinking a 3" SP101 makes a bunch of sense.

Jurgen screwed with this post 05-07-2014 at 01:50 PM
Old 05-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #32754
Badge320
Wild Hog No. 3

Oddometer: 3,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Out of curiosity have you tried the stepped down Magnums? A bit more zip than a +P but not the Shock and Awe of the full powered rounds.

CorBon DPX and Remington Gold Dot are two I'm aware of.

I don't know if they are really worth it over a good .38 +P though as good hits are, as you well know, what really matter.

Interestingly- for me- I've been playing with the idea of getting my CCW again. (I dropped it cause I only carried on about one bike trip) which gets me thinking about a CCW gun. The only moderately appropriate regular CCW pistol I have is a Glock 19-- and I'm not a huge fan of the striker fired system. (for me) Really thinking a 3" SP101 makes a bunch of sense.
Why not carry that Wiley Clapp revolver you've got....? I think you could find a holster that would work.
Badge320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #32755
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
Why not carry that Wiley Clapp revolver you've got....? I think you could find a holster that would work.
A little big and heavy for me to CCW with regularly. Mighty fine hiking/home gun.

Just spoke to the Evidence Custodian of a NM Sheriff's department. Still waiting to get my stolen 3" Speed Six back. Seems like the guy is probably out thieving again by now. (the woman was very courteous and professional) I'm just ready to get my gun back.

Jurgen screwed with this post 05-07-2014 at 02:18 PM
Old 05-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #32756
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,509
is there / did there used to be a thread Long Range Precision Shooting?

I think there was and I cant find it and dont have it bookmarked
If there is, please could some one link it
thanks
Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #32757
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hay Ewe View Post
is there / did there used to be a thread Long Range Precision Shooting?

I think there was and I cant find it and dont have it bookmarked
If there is, please could some one link it
thanks
Hay Ewe
Didja look over there? --> http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537748
Old 05-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #32758
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,509
thats the one
thanks, yep, I searched but with no joy

thanks
Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:51 AM   #32759
Juanjo_NY
Made in Argentina

Oddometer: 4,151
Mvp 7.62

Just got my MVP 308. Just like the 223, it looks great, no imperfections and good finish. That's as much as I can say for now, can't wait to try it!
Have a Nikon BuckMaster 3-9x40 and some Burris rings on the way, this is going to be my deer rifle!!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:18 AM   #32760
ILuvUMan
Opinions Vary

Quote:
I don't know what kind of Ammo, you prefer, but take a close look at Buffalo Bore.

On 2.5 inch barrel, I go the higher grains 180 gr, thus letting more powder burn before the bullet leave the barrel. Then only a 4 foot flash.
1400 fps 783 ft. lbs. (scroll down 3 inch barrel 1302 fps) => https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=100

On my 4 inch .357, I prefer the 125 grain. 1,700 fps and 802 ft. lbs. at top of page, but per 4 inch barrel chart down below 1603 ft./Sec. https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=103 See Video below on 125 grain BB, 4 inch barrel.

Maximum specs on 38 Super +P is 115 Grain. 1450 fps and 537 ft lbs.
If you want the larger grain, go to 147 grain or 124 grain which would probably be better for a 2.5' barrel, you can look up the specs here => 147 grain => https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=229 124 grain => https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=227

This Video belwo, might help you understand what punch Buffalo Bores have on .357 round vs a .38 Special Round.

Only thing I use for Concealed Carry in all my firearms is BB. Love the specs on their +P+ 9mm and does that Ammo perform.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: