Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 619 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 01:36 PM   #706
blacksan
Rev Limiter

Oddometer: 4,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT
Many years ago the chicken farmers would let us hunt coyotes at night with predator calls, Mostly with shotguns and buckshot. One night a Friend of a Friend went with us and had a Mac-10. Whe had him take the first "shot". I had never been around one but was expecting a pow,pow,pow like in the movies. I just about shit myself when he lit that lil son of a bitch up . I don't think he hit shit but I think everything within a five mile radius headed for the hills.
The cyclic rate of the Mac-10 was pretty high in the one I shot. My favorite was the Thompson M1928 with a drum. The Hefty weight and slow cyclic rate made it capable of literally drawing pictures in a wall.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #707
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264
I figured but I thought I'd ask. I am also assuming that the more important the victim (or number of victims ) the more valuable the gun. I guess it just adds to the history of the weapon and thus increases it's value.
I have a nearly spotless Enfield 303 Mark III, which I finally found a matching bayonette for. The bayonette's condition is nothing like that of the rifle: it has clearly seen its share of battlefield use. The initials of its former owner are carved into the handle, and the blade has all sorts of nicks and scratches on it. I'd like to think those marks resulted from its being stabbed into a German soldier or two, but I can't be sure. At any rate, though its far from a pristine specimen, the 'history' left on it makes it much more interesting and valuable to me.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #708
dlrides
1:1.618

Oddometer: 5,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT
I had never been around one but was expecting a pow,pow,pow like in the movies. I just about shit myself when he lit that lil son of a bitch up . I don't think he hit shit but I think everything within a five mile radius headed for the hills.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #709
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksan
The cyclic rate of the Mac-10 was pretty high in the one I shot. My favorite was the Thompson M1928 with a drum. The Hefty weight and slow cyclic rate made it capable of literally drawing pictures in a wall.
The M1928 was also built like a fine Swiss watch compared to the stampped out Mac's. Tha M1928 was a beautiful peice to shoot and look at although a bit heavy to carry round by today's standards.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #710
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyowillys46
I'd say it depends on the collector. I place more value on condition than history. The problem with guns that have "history" is unless there's documentation it's typically BS.

When I bought my Broomhandle, the story is that it was captured in Italy by a GI (most likely true) and traded to a pilot for a ride in a fighter (most likely BS). You have to take a lot of the stories with a grain of salt.
Hence the word documented in my statement to him.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #711
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X
Imagine if one of these killed Hitler, or even one of his top officers, it would be worth well over a million.
I can totally see that - assuming the covenant (it think that's what they call it) of the weapon can be verified 100% that is and I'm sure that would be very very hard to do.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #712
blacksan
Rev Limiter

Quote:
The M1928 was also built like a fine Swiss watch compared to the stampped out Mac's. Tha M1928 was a beautiful peice to shoot and look at although a bit heavy to carry round by today's standards.
I agree fully. The only way I really enjoyed the Mac was with the can screwed on as it gave a better platform to hold on to.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #713
ZzyzyxRd
Home of the odds

Oddometer: 11,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu
I rented some machine guns in Las Vegas this weekend.

Uzi, "Grease gun", and Mac-10.

Ho-lee shit.

I wanted to shoot the Ingram first. The guy at the range asked me if I had ever shot a machine gun, I said "No", he said "Let's try something else, it isn't a "starter" machine gun.".

Understatement of the century.

The Uzi and "grease gun" were really easy to shoot even for a n00b like me, but the Mac-10, at 1200+ rounds per minute, scared the living shit out of me.

I suppose it is a handy weapon for those times you have to kill every mother fucker in the bathroom at once.

I can see why people are gun nuts, that was some fun shit, and it was cheaper than hookers and blow.

Thanks
Machine Gun Stu
The Gun Store?...

's ok.

Took my oldest boy and two of his friends out shooting Sunday.
Had a blast.
ZzyzyxRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #714
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264
I can totally see that - assuming the covenant (it think that's what they call it) of the weapon can be verified 100% that is and I'm sure that would be very very hard to do.
Not as hard and harder than one might think, unless it was documented back when the war was freshly over and the gun had been in the original bringer backers hands since the war, and if he was of known and reputable background. Harder today since almost all WWII survivors are either dead or very old.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:49 PM   #715
Calibre
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
I went there last time I was in LV, and had a great time shooting an MP5 Navy, M249 and a .223 RPK. I thoroughly enjoyed them all, but I was surprised how little recoil the RPK had. The Minimi's recoil felt harsher, probably due to the open bolt, even though it was at least 10 lbs heavier!
Old 12-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #716
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,767
Quote:
Not as hard and harder than one might think, unless it was documented back when the war was freshly over and the gun had been in the original bringer backers hands since the war, and if he was of known and reputable background. Harder today since almost all WWII survivors are either dead or very old.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #717
dagwood
Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al
Call me too
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #718
bmw650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
excuse the cheap wolf range ammo only crap I had left in the house when I took the pic

bmw650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #719
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,439

My scattergun, a Benelli M3 Super 90.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #720
blacksan
Rev Limiter

Quote: