ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 864 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #8446
Motoplaner
PNW Heel Rounder
 
Motoplaner's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Oddometer: 20,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRat
Good times.

__________________
Let’s not reinvent the wheel, let’s wear it out.
Motoplaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #8447
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber
 
Sniper X's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
Oddometer: 33,317
Everything but the price is great about the P7. Some hate the looks, I personally love them.
__________________
" The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."
Straight Out Da Trailah!
Sniper X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #8448
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer
 
Aurelius's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Altamonte Springs, Florida
Oddometer: 22,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X
Everything but the price is great about the P7. Some hate the looks, I personally love them.
Its a fine looking gun. Very simple classic lines. Elegant. I'd have one but for the price.
__________________
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #8449
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra
 
Uncle Pollo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Albuquerque, Neue Messico
Oddometer: 47,474
[QUOTE=BigKev72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejo

My biggest problem with one was fire and movement...but I found that if I took it and tossed it ahead of me, then leapt upon it...I could effectively move around lol.
I would be flogged if I let mine touch the ground.

I carried two spare barrels too.

Ah ... to be young again.
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #8450
HardCase
winter is coming
 
HardCase's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: chambers on the Third
Oddometer: 10,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius
Its a fine looking gun. Very simple classic lines. Elegant. I'd have one but for the price.
I wouldn't mind having one either, but not for the looks. I think they're pretty ugly, the slide and upper portion of the gun is undersized in relation to the grip and the gun looks unbalanced and lopsided to me. Of course, I've been picking on Glocks here of late and yet I've never once said I thought they were ugly. That's because I don't. I think Glocks are moderately good-looking.
__________________
Μολών λαβέ

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #8451
koifarm
Twas ever thus!
 
koifarm's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Saint Augustine, Florida
Oddometer: 1,800
Directions please!

Please let me ease in here with a question for the collective knowledge of the crew on here.
I'm looking to purchase a nice little Taurus Millenium Pro in .45 acp, to be used for an occasional CC or backup where needed.
The local gun shop has one for sale at $359, new, factory boxed. Model PT 145BP.
Any comments?
What is the basic difference between the PT 145 and the PT 745 other than a slight difference in size and weight?
thanks...
koi
__________________
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1958.
koifarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #8452
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra
 
Uncle Pollo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Albuquerque, Neue Messico
Oddometer: 47,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by koifarm
Please let me ease in here with a question for the collective knowledge of the crew on here.
I'm looking to purchase a nice little Taurus Millenium Pro in .45 acp, to be used for an occasional CC or backup where needed.
The local gun shop has one for sale at $359, new, factory boxed. Model PT 145BP.
Any comments?
What is the basic difference between the PT 145 and the PT 745 other than a slight difference in size and weight?
thanks...
koi
I had one and it worked very well.

Some people have problems while fieldstripping it; just follow the instructions without making any shortcuts.

I liked mine and I shot well with it.
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #8453
BigKev72
ANZAC
 
BigKev72's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejo
I would be flogged if I let mine touch the ground.

I carried two spare barrels too.

Ah ... to be young again.
How did you prone out to fire if it couldnt touch the ground?
__________________
Economic stimulus my ass...I am so far from economic stimulation its painful!

1992 BMW K75RT (sold)
1988 R80GSPD (sold)
1990 Suzuki RGV500 (sold cos I was scared)
1990 Suzuki GSXR1100 (sold to buy the RGV)
1986 Suzuki GSX550 ESD (ridden into the ground)
1987 Suzuki GN250 (gave away)
1986 Suzuki TS250 (sold)
1976 Yamaha DT250 (sold)
BigKev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #8454
wyowillys46
F=mA
 
wyowillys46's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: The Front Range somewere
Oddometer: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
It just looks so weird.

Like a 1950s toy phaser or something.
Criminy. You think every early HK pistol looks like a toy gun. I'll admit this one might though.



Even so, Helmut Welde, Herbert Meidel, Tilo Möller and many others deserve a lot of credit for thinking outside the box to bring a lot of innovative firearms to market that combined function and form. Unlike some of the modern crap that abounds today (including HKs current offerings).
__________________
"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." -Roscowgo
wyowillys46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #8455
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount
 
EvilGenius's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: DFW, Texas
Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyowillys46
Criminy. You think every early HK pistol looks like a toy gun. I'll admit this one might though.



Even so, Helmut Welde, Herbert Meidel, Tilo Möller and many others deserve a lot of credit for thinking outside the box to bring a lot of innovative firearms to market that combined function and form. Unlike some of the modern crap that abounds today (including HKs current offerings).
What can I say, they have a knack for it.




Not to infer that they don't make quality products though.
__________________
"Try turning that burn into torque. Then we're getting somewhere. Riding the potato to work seems quite impractical." - anotherguy

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #8456
toolfan
Broken Hearted
 
toolfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: NoPo (pdx)
Oddometer: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyowillys46
Criminy. You think every early HK pistol looks like a toy gun. I'll admit this one might though.



Even so, Helmut Welde, Herbert Meidel, Tilo Möller and many others deserve a lot of credit for thinking outside the box to bring a lot of innovative firearms to market that combined function and form. Unlike some of the modern crap that abounds today (including HKs current offerings).
What's wrong with a usp .45 compact?
toolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #8457
wyowillys46
F=mA
 
wyowillys46's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: The Front Range somewere
Oddometer: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan
What's wrong with a usp .45 compact?
USPs are butt ass ugly. Of course that's completely subjective. I recently got a chance to fire a USP40, USP45, and a Glock 23 head to head. The Glock outperformed both USPs in the accuracy department.

The 1911, the Remington 51, SIG P210, P08 Luger, and the PPK. All pistols with classic lines. Works of art. Something's been lost in the last 50 years. Pistol designers obviously aren't bringing any new operating systems to the table, so they ought to think about taking an art and/or history classes.
__________________
"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." -Roscowgo

wyowillys46 screwed with this post 04-24-2010 at 09:43 AM
wyowillys46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #8458
toolfan
Broken Hearted
 
toolfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: NoPo (pdx)
Oddometer: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyowillys46
USPs are butt ass ugly. Of course that's completely subjective. I recently got a chance to fire a USP40, USP45, and a Glock 23 head to head. The Glock outperformed both USPs in the accuracy department.

The 1911, the Remington 51, SIG P210, P08 Luger, and the PPK. All pistols with classic lines. Works of art. Something's been lost in the last 50 years. Pistol designers obviously aren't bringing any new operating systems to the table, so they ought to think about taking an art and/or history classes.
I don't think they are any uglier than a glock, and they have a slimmer grip, don't they?
toolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #8459
wyowillys46
F=mA
 
wyowillys46's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: The Front Range somewere
Oddometer: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan
I don't think they are any uglier than a glock, and they have a slimmer grip, don't they?
Glocks don't look too bad IMO, but they've got their flaws. That take-down system with the two microscopic buttons is absolutely f$%^ing stupid. No reason for a system that requires that much effort to disassemble. In contrast I can literally field strip my P9S in about 2-3 seconds. As for the USPs grip I didn't really take notice. Since the Glock was more accurate in my hands I'll just assume that it fit me better than the USPs.
__________________
"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." -Roscowgo
wyowillys46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #8460
PirateJohn
Banned
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Uvalde, TX
Oddometer: 22,219
[QUOTE=Alejo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKev72
Two conditions..you must have:

a) Fired it
b) Post a pic of it.

The one on the bottom, but without that fancy sight.

PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014