"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #10037
Tenacious B
inward singer

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog
S&W Bodyguard .38 (airweight before they were called airweights)
How do you like it? I'm thinking a 438 or 638 might make a good CCW and still be able to shoot SA for fun.
Tenacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #10038
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,166
S&W Bodyguard .38 (airweight before they were called airweights)
S&W Model 36 Ladysmith .38 +p
Ruger Police Six 4" .357
S&W 19-2 4" .357 Combat Masterpiece
S&W 686 6" .357

top to bottom, middle column:

Ruger MkIII Gov't Target w/scope rail .22
Springfield Ultracompact V-10 1911 .45
Bersa Thunder .380

top to bottom, right column:

Keltec P32 .32
Glock 27 .40
Glock 19 3rd gen 9mm police turn-in with Trijicon night sights
Glock 17 1st gen 9mm police turn-in with Meprolight night sights[/quote]

Nice. The second one looked like a S&W M24. My Dad use to carry one. I always thought that gun was awesome.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #10039
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious B
How do you like it? I'm thinking a 438 or 638 might make a good CCW and still be able to shoot SA for fun.
The 36 and the Bodyguard are both spooky-accurate and since both will shoot SA, I feel really good about longer shots out to 15-20 yards. The 36 is, of course, heavier so you can shoot it as long as you want--doesn't bother me a bit to plink with it with range loads.

We've got a Hogue Bantam grip on the Airweight Bodyguard, and with .38 range ammo it's pretty mild...a bit of snap to it compared to the 36 but I can shoot a box of ammo with only a tiny bit of ache felt afterwards...and that's probably due to my arthritis.

Here's a decent article on 'em.

I've shot some of the superlight guns--usually some form of Ti or whatever--and they had some bite to 'em. But the 36 and our old Airweight are, IMHO, sweethearts at the range. Self Defense ammo does give 'em a decent smack to the hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT
Nice. The second one looked like a S&W M24. My Dad use to carry one. I always thought that gun was awesome.
Wow.

I'm haven't been much of a "revolver person" until recently. I think that 19-2 we have (technically it's SWMBO's...all the wheelguns are) is one of the sweetest handguns I've ever fired.

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #10040
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer: 18,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
Stick with a nail innit.
Labrador Retriever urine.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #10041
PvtIdaho
Deck Spotter

Oddometer: 2,048
Weapons Safety Message 10-02

From a pilot forum.

NSFW.

The link has a pic with the result of what happens when you beat on a .50 BMG round and it goes off.

Do not try this at home.

Warnings complete.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/mi...out-there.html
Old 07-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #10042
AzB
Fattest thin man

Oddometer: 3,461
Yikes!

Az
Old 07-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #10043
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,166
Wow.

I'm haven't been much of a "revolver person" until recently. I think that 19-2 we have (technically it's SWMBO's...all the wheelguns are) is one of the sweetest handguns I've ever fired.[/quote]

I actually killed a deer with his S42 back in the 80's. I had lowered my rifle down and was un strapping my climber stand when a fork horn came in right under my stand. I still have the bullet. It lodged under the skin on the opposite side of entry. It was as I recall A 210 grain "Flying ashtray" round.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:52 AM   #10044
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 10,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X
I was out of town till yesterday evening so will be back on regularly tomorrow. And thanks for the nice comment!
Hey Snipe, great to have you back. Check out my post #9932 for a pic of that SA EMP 9mm that I got a couple months back. You'd asked me to post a pic but I didn't have one at the time. It has turned out to be a sweet little gun, I'm shooting it a fair bit and really tickled with it's accuracy and reliability so far. I've also been having a lot of fun with a S&W 629PC 2 5/8" 44 Mag.

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #10045
Geoff D
Tenerista

Oddometer: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius
The weight of opinion seems to be that aftermarket magazines don't feed as reliably as the stock Ruger rotary magazine. Mine has worked flawlessly after hundreds of rounds.
Wish mine did.... maybe its because I'm using subsonic ammo thro a sound moderator...
Religously clean my mags, but they still jam.

You guys will never believe this....

A grandmother jailed in Scotland for 5 YEARS for keeping her fathers 80 year old trophy of war pistol.... she'd had it for 29 years after her father died.
Beggars belief

TENERE.CO.UK

GEOFF'S TÉNÉRÉ PROJECT here
Geoff D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #10046
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D
Wish mine did.... maybe its because I'm using subsonic ammo thro a sound moderator...
Using subsonic ammo is likely the problem. I've been warned by other 10/22 owners that these don't generate enough recoil to cycle the action reliably.

Quote:

A grandmother jailed in Scotland for 5 YEARS for keeping her fathers 80 year old trophy of war pistol.... she'd had it for 29 years after her father died.
Beggars belief
She sounds like a hardened criminal. Looks like you narrowly averted another massacre.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:19 AM   #10047
toolfan
Broken Hearted

Oddometer: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D

Beggars belief
Did you try tightening the mag spring?

I don't remember the number of turns, but I remember people finding that the mags are more reliable with 1 or 2 6ths extra turn in the spring than used to be recommended.
toolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #10048
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,309
I did see that and it is SWEET! Looks a lot like my Ultra CDP II. I am amazed at the accuracy and reliability of my CDP....everytime I take it out!
Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #10049
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT
Wow.

I'm haven't been much of a "revolver person" until recently. I think that 19-2 we have (technically it's SWMBO's...all the wheelguns are) is one of the sweetest handguns I've ever fired.

I actually killed a deer with his S42 back in the 80's. I had lowered my rifle down and was un strapping my climber stand when a fork horn came in right under my stand. I still have the bullet. It lodged under the skin on the opposite side of entry. It was as I recall A 210 grain "Flying ashtray" round.[/quote]
I got back into revolvers back about a few months ago and will continue to buy them as funds allow. My finding is they are close to if not as accurate as any non tricked out auto, they are very reliable, and they look and feel very cool. I also love that you get them chambered in rounds that none of the standard reliable autos are chambered for. Like .357mag and .44mag. And in my opinion and many others, the .357 round is a great round for all rond use as long as you don't try to humt moose or Elk with it.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #10050
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

[quote=Geoff D]Wish mine did.... maybe its because I'm using subsonic ammo thro a sound moderator...It is the ammo, a 10-22 will not reliably cycle even the heaviest 60gr subsonic ammo.....I tried it all when I had a can and even without the can it won't cycle3 subsonic ammo....I use to have to cycle it every time with the light 30gr stuff.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: