Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 713 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #11911
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewhl
Thanks for getting the gun thread back to guns.
It still would still be nice to read make and model typed by the pictures.

Does anyone have a stainless shotgun?
Someting to stow on a boat ride.
When I get back to the boating forum, I will get the name they recommended.

Not for hunting, more for defense.
I think Hard Case is correct. I lived in Fla, and now in Hawaii, and never did see a stainless shotgun. There is the 870 Marine, and also a Mossberg 590 in "Marinecote" (read satin nickel, or industrial hard chrome)
http://www.mossberg.com/images/Mossb.../New/51273.jpg

There is also the Ithaca M37 Defense (IMHO the BEST pump gun) in "Perma-Guard" finish that is rated to withstand 90 hrs of salt spray.
http://www.ithacagun.com/defense37s.html
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #11912
frewhl
daily rider

Oddometer: 8,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyinhilo
rated to withstand 90 hrs of salt spray.
[]
Some good info, I am guessing I will go with a pistol for now.

Brackish water is a mess for metal.Even trolling motors carry a salt water rating(read, more expensive)

To be honest, I think I will just start out boating in the safer neighborhoods.
I just as well avoid any more hassel than regular life jacket inspection.
The local Sheriff and Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries have been really invasive for the last few years around here.The Coast Guuard patrols also (with .50 caliber machine guns)

Back to guns now, thanks.
Then I headed over to where my girlfriend works. Greg, the boss, followed us outside and kept trying to tell me about how he went to Las Vegas one time on a motocycle. I was like, "oh-kay, that's great Greg."

Just back from Prudhoe Bay, IMO it was really worth the trip, AK is a beautiful place & you need lots of time to take it all in. I'm looking forward to returning & exploring some places i didn't have time to ride.RIP Ron Melton
frewhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #11913
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,765
Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #11914
B.Ross
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Spas 12

I've always liked the look of these. Not mine. Semi and pump action. No longer imported.

B.Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #11915
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Ross
I've always liked the look of these. Not mine. Semi and pump action. No longer imported.

Hollywood seems to love them. Although as a real world shotgun, they didn't have the best track record. For looks though, they are badass. Or is that heavyass. The only other Semi/Pump that comes to mind is the Benelli M3 which isn't as cool looking.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #11916
S.t.t.G.
Mind over metal...

Oddometer: 1,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce
S.t.t.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:52 AM   #11917
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,765

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:32 AM   #11918
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Oddometer: 6,506
WHat's that savage?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #11919
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy
I have a Benelli M2 Field 21". Love it. Mine has a comfortech stock. The Inertia-Drive runs better with the standard stocks and not the pistol grips. Also, the Defense models have a higher spring rate on the recoil spring so they can shoot slugs. This makes them a bit more finicky when shooting cheap ammo or reduced recoil. Mine has a Nordic +5 mag tube, bolt handle as well as some other goodies.
My mag tube is a Nordic as well. My experience with Benelli shotguns has been fairly stellar. I have two, the M2 and also a Cordoba 12 ga. field gun. What I read somewhere is that you're supposed to put a couple of boxes of heavy hunting 3" shells through them right out-of-the-box as a break-in. The article claimed that it would make them more reliable with lighter loads following such a break-in. I didn't know whether I believed it or not, but used that method with both guns. Neither has given me a bit of trouble or ever failed to cycle or feed. I mostly shoot light target loads for most of my plinking and practice.

I've fired the M2 without even seating it against my shoulder, 'from the hip' if you will, and even there where it is allowed to recoil more freely (almost like limp-wristing a semi-auto handgun) I've had no failures. Yet. Admittedly the M2 hasn't been fired nearly as much as the Cordoba, I've not had it as long and have used the Cordoba for not only hunting, but trap, skeet and just recently a couple rounds of sporting-clays, for the first time! What a riot that was! Tough sport, but very very fun. Anyway, I'm sold on the Benelli inertia system.

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #11920
live2offroad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce

I want that scoped.. Oh yes I do..
live2offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #11921
xring04
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
I'd be really happy with it as is!
xring04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #11922
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,493
And yet you have neither.....hmmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero
I'm glad that none of the states I've ever lived in do this inspection nonsense. More money for guns and go-fast parts!
Old 11-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #11923
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,018
Oh so pretty... but $36K worth?...

http://auction.odcmp.com/auctions/detail.asp?id=2384

This rifle was built on a Remington M700 action, 7.62 NATO Cal, with a date code "UDS" on the barrel. The receiver is marked "U.S.", with the original factory dark olive parkerized finish, with approximately 98% finish remaining. It has the original Redfield scope base (matched and serialized to the rifle). This rifle included the original Redfield 3X-9X Accu-range scope (matched and serialized to the rifle). USMC contract scope has the original black anodized finish. Also includes: bolt (matched and serialized to the rifle), original scope lens covers, original 4-screw Redfield rings, and the original M1907 leather sling dated "APR 1977" and MRT treated.The muzzle gauges .5, and it has a special clip-slot receiver. This rifle appears unfired and near mint condition. See Photos.

You could buy a crate full of these instead:

http://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifl...ifle-m40a1.php

Old 11-08-2010, 06:02 AM   #11924
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY
And yet you have neither.....hmmmm
I've got more than I would if I had to fix the check engine light on my car

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:06 AM   #11925
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
2 things:

1) As Cody pointed out, I don't have any money. At least not this month. I decided that I want a double action bazillion shot 22 revolver. The only people that seem to make that are Taurus and Smith and Wesson. The Taurus guns sounds kinda spotty but the S&W costs almost twice as much. I see there are some places online that sell the S&W 617 for a little under $700, is it worth saving up a little longer the get the Smith? I see they are expensive but I don't have enough knowledge to know if it's worth it

2) Why are gun sellers the only assholes that won't eat credit card fees? Cash price blah blah blah, I can't imagine their margins are *that* low.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: