Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 152 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #12841
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 21,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
Ergonomics and looks. Some like all their shoulder fired weapons to be similar but if in a non tactical role, this makes little or no sense so mainly someone putting a pistol grip stock on a 10-22 does it purely for cosmetic reasons. Like Digital Underground says, DOWHATCHALIKE
I have to disagree with part of this. Yes, people are prone to making all sorts of modifications to a stock gun for purely cosmetic reasons, BUT... a pistol grip really does place the hand in the propper orientation to the trigger. Traditional style military and hunting rifles force the hand into a very unnatural position relative to the trigger's direction of movement. When you pull the trigger, your finger is actually pulling up rather than back, with the trigger biting into the bottom portion of your index finger.

Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #12842
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
I have to disagree with part of this. Yes, people are prone to making all sorts of modifications to a stock gun for purely cosmetic reasons, BUT... a pistol grip really does place the hand in the propper orientation to the trigger. Traditional style military and hunting rifles force the hand into a very unnatural position relative to the trigger's direction of movement. When you pull the trigger, your finger is actually pulling up rather than back, with the trigger biting into the bottom portion of your index finger.

yeah, like somone thinks about that other than you and me on a 1022!Of course I understand that but that is far from what a casual shooter wrries about and I WAS speaking generally.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #12843
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

I would love to have your MK someday.....
Old 12-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #12844
Motoplaner
PNW Heel Rounder

Oddometer: 19,328

Nice codpiece! Pow!
Old 12-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #12845
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 7,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Cow View Post
I'm picking a Saiga 12 up in a few weeks.
I plan on using it for 3 gun, open class.
They shot like crap out of the box and need a lot of work to run well.
The guy who won Top Shot is going to help me mod it (along with his second S-12) so that it functions well enough to use in competition reliably. We'll also be adding pistol grips, folding stocks, multi-position gas ports a trigger relocation and a few more things....including drum mags...

Blah, blah, blah.

When are you taking me to Tri-County again?

Old 12-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #12846
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
yeah, like somone thinks about that other than you and me on a 1022!Of course I understand that but that is far from what a casual shooter wrries about and I WAS speaking generally.
The factory stock on the 10-22 sucks bigtime. Anyone with a normal human hand can instantly appreciate how much better a pistol grip stock feels, especially on a gun with a horrendous trigger pull like the 10-22.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #12847
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I would love to have your MK someday.....
I've left it to you in my will.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #12848
Motoplaner
PNW Heel Rounder

Oddometer: 19,328
RC, hey, good deal. I've had those/that in my blurred sights for some time. Learned that certain things might be beneficial regarding same. Sounds like you might be a go to. Not in a gay way though. Hey, I also heard that it might not be a good idea to keep them bitches stoked like I like.. meaning the mag up-pressure might deform the hulls into a not round shape over time.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #12849
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,250
Quote:

I agree wholeheartedly. Also, those of us in the military who spent years holding variations of the M-16, become accustomed to the grip position and this makes the typical hunting style rifle ergonomics feel even stranger to us.
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #12850
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Quote:
The factory stock on the 10-22 sucks bigtime. Anyone with a normal human hand can instantly appreciate how much better a pistol grip stock feels, especially on a gun with a horrendous trigger pull like the 10-22.
Snob!

El Guero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #12851
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
I have never used a stock stock on a 10-22, only Hougue overmoulded which is excellent, but has kindof a pistol grip, but not what he is talking about.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #12852
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

BTW just got back from picking up a cherry P3AT for $150.00. Included two spare mags, holster, belt clip, box papers and 100 rounds of ammo.

Sniper X screwed with this post 12-16-2010 at 11:26 AM
Sniper X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #12853
Uncle Pollo
Santos Vega

Oddometer: 46,189
Quote:
TW just got back from picking up a cherry P3AT for $150.00. Included two spare mags, holster, belt clip, box papers and 100 rounds of ammo.
Do you need me to bring you a camera or you have enough of them at work.

Take a picture already.
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #12854
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloAsado View Post
Do you need me to bring you a camera or you have enough of them at work.

Take a picture already.
I don't have mine here, and all ours at work are high end HD video cameras! But it be lookin just like this one here.

shown larger than actual size, this thing is TINY!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #12855
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I have never used a stock stock on a 10-22, only Hougue overmoulded which is excellent, but has kindof a pistol grip, but not what he is talking about.
Mine has a thumbhole stock, but ergonomically it does exactly what a pistol grip does. I didn't realize just how bad the 10-22's factory stock was until I tried one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: