Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 155 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #13756
RandyB

Oddometer: 5,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
That's can't be right. The judge has to have a rifled barrel otherwise itd be an illegal short barreled shotgun.
I think as long as you don't hang a stock on it, you're good. Just turn it sideways for better accuracy.

Blessed be the Lord my God, who prepares my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #13757
milq
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
I don't see it being more then a novelty pistol. Unless it's 12 or 20 gauge, the ammo is going to be expensive and limited. Now if they made it 45 LC, I'd be all over it.

Love the smooth cylinder with the heavy barrel though.
I'm hoping it sells like crazy! Then maybe the shells will become readily available and I can afford to shoot my 28 gauge shotty
milq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #13758
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by xshanex View Post
Anyone waiting for the LC9 to start showing up in stores?

My LCP is an excellent carry gun but the LC9 looks like it might fill the gap in concealable/reliable/cheap carry pistols in 9mm. Any thoughts?
Yeah, I've been thinking about picking one up for the same reason. My smallest auto right now is a cheap Sigma .40 so the LC9 should be quite a bit smaller, hopefully. Hard to say til you have one in your hand though.
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #13759
fxstbiluigi
aka Road Monster

Oddometer: 11,564
I don't wanna ruin your day but 28 ga has been around since before I was a kid 50 some years ago . never was popular. Like the .41 mag. A good gun that never was never accepted by the gun writers and shooting community as having a real purpose because it is only slightly more than the .357 mag and considerably less powerful than the .44 mag.
fxstbiluigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #13760
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by road ranger View Post
I don't wanna ruin your day but 28 ga has been around since before I was a kid 50 some years ago . never was popular. Like the .41 mag. A good gun that never was never accepted by the gun writers and shooting community as having a real purpose because it is only slightly more than the .357 mag and considerably less powerful than the .44 mag.
He's hoping people will buy it so the price of 28 gauge drops so he can afford to fees his shotgun.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #13761
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
He's hoping people will buy it so the price of 28 gauge drops so he can afford to fees his shotgun.
Exactly. Shotguns need some more divesity again like the 16Ga also. Now any new innovation is longer shells.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:41 AM   #13762
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloAsado View Post

28 gauge

For el guero ... that is a .550 caliber gun.
Ooooo

And easy to reload for!

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:46 AM   #13763
El Guero
V4 Whore

This is kinda cool... It's too bad I already had a Tracker 22 and the cylinder started binding up within 7 shots. What a piece of shit!

Old 01-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #13764
RandyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post

This is kinda cool... It's too bad I already had a Tracker 22 and the cylinder started binding up within 7 shots. What a piece of shit!
Check the cylinder gap. It may need shimming. I had an old Colt that would bind there when it got hot.

Blessed be the Lord my God, who prepares my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1
Old 01-20-2011, 07:10 AM   #13765
El Guero
V4 Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
Check the cylinder gap. It may need shimming. I had an old Colt that would bind there when it got hot.
I bought it at a gun show and returned it that day. Guy gave me my money back and I never regretted it! I like my 22/45 more than that thing anyway

Old 01-20-2011, 07:12 AM   #13766
RandyB

Quote:
I bought it at a gun show and returned it that day. Guy gave me my money back and I never regretted it! I like my 22/45 more than that thing anyway
Good choice. Ida fought it to the death. I'm stoopit that way.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:15 AM   #13767
El Guero
V4 Whore

Quote:
It was a good lesson and I basically got off for the price of gas doing all the running around. It's also made me decide to never ever buy another Taurus, even if they have made a .55 caliber revolver that you could shoot sporting clays with that looks super cool

Old 01-20-2011, 07:19 AM   #13768
Uncle Pollo
Santos Vega

Oddometer: 46,190
Quote:
Taurii do that.

My m44 bind at 30 shots.

Gap was smaller than the gp100 .035 or something like that.

Dremmel came out.

No more
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:19 AM   #13769
RandyB

Quote:
It was a good lesson and I basically got off for the price of gas doing all the running around. It's also made me decide to never ever buy another Taurus, even if they have made a .55 caliber revolver that you could shoot sporting clays with that looks super cool
Never had that experience with Taurus. BTW, my bud tells me you can't punch out that GP100 to .357. I think I'll ask him if he can convert a 686 to .41 magnum. Always wanted one of those....

Old 01-20-2011, 07:21 AM   #13770
Uncle Pollo
Santos Vega

Oddometer: 46,190
Quote:
Imagine if you had a Smith doing that to you, or worse, lock on you.

Then you would never buy a Smith back?

Or a 1911 would be too tight from factory and needs a little more work, like say ... most of the high end 1911.

You are falling into that
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: