ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
renogeorge OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Reno
Oddometer: 1,364
NV Hamilton/Treasure City/Ely

Thinking about a camp and day ride trip to the Hamilton/Treasure City area between Eureka and Ely. Probably late Spring or Summer. Anybody have any knowledge as to camping spots, points of interest and rides? Old guys, little bikes, toyhauler accessible.

Also interested in the Ely area in general if you have any suggestions....

Thanks!
__________________
KTMs--300, 518, 990

renogeorge screwed with this post 02-24-2015 at 02:14 PM
renogeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:03 AM   #2
larryboy
Chopper Rider
 
larryboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: On a set of 50,000 mile tires.
Oddometer: 14,622
POI, kilns near Ely are pretty cool.

http://parks.nv.gov/parks/ward-charc...historic-park/

Train museum in Ely has been on my list for awhile.

http://www.nnry.com/
__________________
Be sure the safest rule is that we should not dare to live in any scene in which we dare not die. ~Lewis Carroll~
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:32 PM   #3
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
Thinking about a camp and day ride trip to the Hamilton/Treasure City area between Eureka and Ely. Probably late Spring or Summer. Anybody have any knowledge as to camping spots, points of interest and rides? Old guys, little bikes, toyhauler accessible.

Also interested in the Ely area in general if you have any suggestions....

Thanks!
George do you have Mapsource on your computer? If not PLEASE let me install it when I get back this spring.

I have 6-day ride from Middlegate to Ely and back the goes by every mine in the Hamilton area. Must see is: top of Tram dthat goes own to Belmont mill. Camping at lake just off 50. Tracks are on GPSXchange.com under Invitational rides.

One trail I have yet to ride is Ranger Trail north of Ely. I got tracks from friend that promotes horse races.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:59 PM   #4
renogeorge OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Reno
Oddometer: 1,364
Great I was looking at Illipah for a camp spot. I'd sure like to get that single track info. I have Mapsource and Basecamp. Trying to concentrate on Basecamp. But I'm open to any help you can give me. I'll check out the GPSXchange tracks.

Thanks!
__________________
KTMs--300, 518, 990
renogeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:47 PM   #5
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
I have Mapsource and Basecamp. Trying to concentrate on Basecamp. But I'm open to any help you can give me. I'll check out the GPSXchange tracks. Thanks!
You must register on GPSX which takes a few days sometimes. When registered, you do not have to upload a file to be able to download my files in Private Libraries.

Tracks of my ride thru this area are part of the 5-Days of Nevada in he Invitational Rides thread.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:23 PM   #6
nvklr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
nvklr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Carson City
Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
Great I was looking at Illipah for a camp spot. I'd sure like to get that single track info. I have Mapsource and Basecamp. Trying to concentrate on Basecamp. But I'm open to any help you can give me. I'll check out the GPSXchange tracks.

Thanks!
Illipah should be easy to get your toyhauler in/out of. Free camping (last time I was there, been a few years though) No power, no potable water.
nvklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015