ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #15016
sintax
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: So.Cal
Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
I saw an add on craigslist from some guy offering to pay people to teach him to start his xr.
i've come to terms with the fact that if it does not start easily something is wrong with it mechanically.

I'm blown away with how easy mine starts once all the pieces are put together right, and are dialed.
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #15017
ZXRaziel
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ZXRaziel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Grey skyes and rain of Good old England ( NEast)
Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
I saw an add on craigslist from some guy offering to pay people to teach him to start his xr.
Not funny , if you dont know the correct technique and never seen or owned big single its quite hard to start them .
It took me 2 days to learn how to start mine , and now i find it dead easy , dont even use much force it starts so easy , ( yes i have never seen decompressor before)

Feel sorry for the lad , his leg will be in serious pain .
__________________
good things them hondas
ZXRaziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #15018
StroupDog
Shut-it Beotch
 
StroupDog's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Redmondo
Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
Nice work,
but don't forget to fix the R footpeg.
Yes nice find Rob, Alllllsooooooo the BRP suffers from a floppy rear fender syndrome and loves to eat plates, especially with all the extra weight you've just added; get a sub-frame extender that bolts to the subframe and sits underneath the fender.; Trust me on this. I have this one and it works just fine, the one JesusGatos is/was/might make looks good but looks like overkill to me.

__________________
Bend>Cedarville>dirt>600miles>2 days

Mini-GiantLoop-09 RR

Jims BigAss road trip

"Living life one day at a time".
StroupDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #15019
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer
 
RZRob's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Oddometer: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by StroupDog View Post
Yes nice find Rob, Alllllsooooooo the BRP suffers from a floppy rear fender syndrome and loves to eat plates, especially with all the extra weight you've just added; get a sub-frame extender that bolts to the subframe and sits underneath the fender.; Trust me on this. I have this one and it works just fine, the one JesusGatos is/was/might make looks good but looks like overkill to me.

Just went online and I think you're directing this to me. I did notice the stock set-up, with the added weight of the plate was a tad floppy. I'll be looking for that now. I may have to womp her again tomorrow though.

Thanks folks,

RZ Rob
RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #15020
RalphyDo
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
Just went online and I think you're directing this to me. I did notice the stock set-up, with the added weight of the plate was a tad floppy. I'll be looking for that now. I may have to womp her again tomorrow though.

Thanks folks,

RZ Rob

My stock rear fender cracked after installing the BD D/S plate/tail light thingie to it. It flexed alot! I have since installed a UFO fender which is much strong/thicker. It still bounzes but nothing like the stock one did.
RalphyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:51 AM   #15021
tomaszb2
Adventurer
 
tomaszb2's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Eastern Europe, Poland, Deep South-Sandomierz!
Oddometer: 17
Question

Hi! :)
My name is Tom, I live in Poland and I am owner of BRP. I use the HS40 Mikuni carburetor. Does anyone have more information about this carburetor than the link?

http://www.zodiac.nl/instructions/234862.pdf

I know this is a simple carb but want to know more about him.

Thanks in advance for any information about this carburetor and greet.:)
tomaszb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #15022
slogger
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Oddometer: 628
Manracks(he's a member on ADV) makes the best fender support I've found. I've broken 6-7 of the type you showed. Manracks uses the same design but added a couple tweaks for added strength.



Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
Just went online and I think you're directing this to me. I did notice the stock set-up, with the added weight of the plate was a tad floppy. I'll be looking for that now. I may have to womp her again tomorrow though.

Thanks folks,

RZ Rob
slogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #15023
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast
 
Dread Pendragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Oddometer: 2,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintax View Post
i've come to terms with the fact that if it does not start easily something is wrong with it mechanically.

I'm blown away with how easy mine starts once all the pieces are put together right, and are dialed.
+1
__________________
"Never get excited in a rally, its a race, but its never a race at that exact moment" -Quinn Cody
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #15024
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer
 
RZRob's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Oddometer: 1,393
He's da Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger View Post
Manracks(he's a member on ADV) makes the best fender support I've found. I've broken 6-7 of the type you showed. Manracks uses the same design but added a couple tweaks for added strength.
. Yep, my first source. He's beefed my XRL up and has a great support for the XRR at a great price for inmates. I've already got my PM in to him.

RZ Rob
RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #15025
RdrMtn
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RdrMtn's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 156
Question rear axle play

I have noticed a bit play between the ID of the brake side rear wheel bearing and the OD of the axle. The bearing rolls smooth with no play and seems to be in good shape. They are pivot works bearings a couple of seasons old. Anybody else have this? It's not severe and has not got worse in the last 250 miles since I first noticed. I was going to replace the bearing today but that doesn't seem like the problem. Can the axle wear out?
RdrMtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #15026
szramer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
szramer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Indianapolis/ UE
Oddometer: 231
anybody is doing bolt on fan for BRP?
szramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #15027
bamfslap
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by szramer View Post
anybody is doing bolt on fan for BRP?
KTM

Might need some mods though.
bamfslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #15028
sintax
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: So.Cal
Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaszb2 View Post
Hi! :)
My name is Tom, I live in Poland and I am owner of BRP. I use the HS40 Mikuni carburetor. Does anyone have more information about this carburetor than the link?

http://www.zodiac.nl/instructions/234862.pdf

I know this is a simple carb but want to know more about him.

Thanks in advance for any information about this carburetor and greet.:)
Hey Tom.

What type of information would you like to know? There are lot of people here that use the HS/TM 40 carb.

I am currently working through the jetting process with mine. I have some jets showing up next week to continue to fine tune it.
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #15029
lukeinlondon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
lukeinlondon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oddometer: 431
Hi. Found a 650R which looks nice. Except it isn't platted and doesn't have the lights setup. Can anyone tell me how much work and $ it's going to cost me to legalize over here in CA?
lukeinlondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #15030
Desert Scoundrel
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Lakewood Co
Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeinlondon View Post
Hi. Found a 650R which looks nice. Except it isn't platted and doesn't have the lights setup. Can anyone tell me how much work and $ it's going to cost me to legalize over here in CA?

You'll never be able to get it plated in CA. You'd have to buy one that is already plated.
Desert Scoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014