Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #15466
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill pierce View Post
Where did you guys get your TM40? I see Sudco has them. Was the jetting close when you bought it? looks like they are selling for around $500.

I found them for $250 each from amazon, remote choke, main jet was retarded big, but I dropped it about 25 sizes to get it to come off idle...I was gonna lean them out on all the circuits, but it's pretty good with the smaller mains.

Edit; this is the place I got my TM40's, the remote choke model makes it a TM40-6 and the "stock" photos that everybody on amazon is using is of another carb, NOT the TM40-6. You can convert the remote choke to a simple plunger, parts from Sudco on that.

http://www.amazon.com/Mikuni-Slide-S...eywords=tm40-6

I got these when buying the above item.

larryboy screwed with this post 12-08-2012 at 06:15 PM
larryboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #15467
red clay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
xr650r and vapor wired wrong

This may be a revisit. New brp (2001) to me. Dualsport with baja designs kit. Hit 6200 rpms and the bike would fall on its face. In all gears. Totally cut out. Back to 5000 rpms and pick up again. After much investigation, the usual fuel, no, air, no, electrical, started unplugging things one at a time, voila, the vapor computer power wire was connected to the ignition system. Must have been robbing needed electricity. Moved it to an accessory (blinker) wire and: Once again the monster of motorcycles. Durable to the extreme. Good news. I got a deal on a brp that used not to go over 70 mph. Though not the only reason he sold it. Took a chance that I could fix that. The accumulation of knowledge is a wonderful thing. Think about it, most of what we know someone else figured out. Thanks for sharing. Glad to share. Cheers!
red clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #15468
Unsung
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Are Ironman sprockets my best choice for sprockets on a dual sported XRR? A lot of street riding and gravel roads.
Unsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #15469
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
I think so, got them too. Steel's best, lasts longest, and the Ironman rear's probably the lightest steel sprocket around.

To all: as this may well be my last post for this year, our annual shutdown period coming up, a good silly season wished to all!
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #15470
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRPsa View Post
I think so, got them too. Steel's best, lasts longest, and the Ironman rear's probably the lightest steel sprocket around.

To all: as this may well be my last post for this year, our annual shutdown period coming up, a good silly season wished to all!
And to you BuRPsa, hope it's a lekker one and look out for the crazy holiday drivers!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #15471
Beserker
Red Rider

Oddometer: 94
Quote:
See-ya soon!
Beserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:44 AM   #15472
Sean-0
straya carnt

Oddometer: 4,416
Take Care BuRPsa

Good wish's to you and your family ..read ya nxt yr
Sean-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #15473
mrfallover
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Love my XRR

Sundays ride was perfect XR650R terrain. Got to love what this bike will do.

20121208_122834_zpsa99f0436

Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #15474
ride4fun562
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Can i hook this up to my 02 xr with stock stator? http://www.burnsmoto.com/usb-power-s...atherproof.php Sorry for the dumb question electrical noob.
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #15475
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
Can i hook this up to my 02 xr with stock stator? http://www.burnsmoto.com/usb-power-s...atherproof.php Sorry for the dumb question electrical noob.
I don't think so because you'd be feeding it AC voltage. Time for a Ricky Stator.

RZ Rob
RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #15476
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
I don't think so because you'd be feeding it AC voltage. Time for a Ricky Stator.

RZ Rob

I'm running 12vdc off my stock stator, just need an ac to dc regulator/rectifier.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #15477
sintax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
You should be ok, most chargers (assuming thats what you are hooking up to) only draw about 2A anyway. I'm also assuming you dont have a bunch of other electronic goodies hooked up too because you are asking this question.
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #15478
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,616
Anything's possible

To Larryboy's point, if you add a regulator you can, but that adds signficantly to the labor and hardware cost for such a limited ROI. I thought this was implicit in your original inquiry, but I guess not to everyone.

While Sintax is right about the nominal draw, the stock stator is pumping out AC; your accessory is specifically asking for DC. So, it goes back to needing to ad the regulator. If I was going to go through this effort, I'd go the extra mile and do it right - by adding the stator/regulator etc.

RZ Rob
RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #15479
ZXRaziel
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 501
Quote:

Enjoy
Old 12-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #15480
sintax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
To Larryboy's point, if you add a regulator you can, but that adds signficantly to the labor and hardware cost for such a limited ROI. I thought this was implicit in your original inquiry, but I guess not to everyone.

While Sintax is right about the nominal draw, the stock stator is pumping out AC; your accessory is specifically asking for DC. So, it goes back to needing to ad the regulator. If I was going to go through this effort, I'd go the extra mile and do it right - by adding the stator/regulator etc.

RZ Rob
You are 100% correct about AC / DC. I always assume everyone on this site is running a dualsport kit which should have a full DC or at least a DC leg of their wiring harness.
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote