Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #151
DOSCERVASAS
neck

Oddometer: 220
Thumb Hell Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolie
So what do you guys think is it worth the $$$$ to go with the fcr41 or the TM40?
I don't even have mine tuned right, and I can already tell the bike is going to rip.

I got mine for $250 used, I think there is a guy on the board that has another if you are interested.

"Another Day, Another poor soul left in my Dust"

DT-100
XR-650R
VTX-1800
DOSCERVASAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #152
JustinT OP
I will ride my whole life

Oddometer: 943
Quote:
So what do you guys think is it worth the $$$$ to go with the fcr41 or the TM40?
I'd say depends on the deal you get...I've heard great success for both! If paying Full price I'd get the TM40 because the >$700 for the FCR XR650R kit is too expensive but for $250 you can't go wrong with either one!
Old 12-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #153
JustinT OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOSCERVASAS
there are a bunch of tards around here (Keller, TX), does anyone know where I can get some Jets for this FCR
Also if there are any MX shops the FCR uses similar jets in multiple size carbs and common on MX bikes as well...My shop had a variety and sold me mine from what they use to tune the race bikes.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #154
DOSCERVASAS
neck

No Way

Ya'll are not going to believe this.

Other than needing monkey fingers to get to the choke, the install on the FCR41 went way easy.

I stuck that thing in (tuned for a Husky 450) and the third kick it fired up, cool I thought to my self. I let the pig warm up, and took it down the street, my neighbors love that part, waiting for the bog, stall, back fire, but nothing. This thing is as close to perfect, as I have ever got, on the first try. Tuned for a husky 450, get this stock husky needle on 2nd clip, 40 pilot, 185 main.

Oh, the stock tank will need some modifing, and I no the 6.3 gal will cause me to say bad things.

DT-100
XR-650R
VTX-1800
Old 12-20-2008, 06:44 PM   #155
badcooky
I see dumb people!

Oddometer: 1,129
I told ya they all jet really similar.
Good to hear you had a win Dosco.
badcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:53 PM   #156
spoolie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
So I will take either if I can get a good deal on one, but my new bike is coming with the 4.3 clark tank, which I would like to switch out and buy the 6.3, is it pretty much just bolt up and mod the tank or do I need a new set of cables? and I guess the ? goes for both the TM40 and FCR41.
spoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #157
JustinT OP

Quote:
So I will take either if I can get a good deal on one, but my new bike is coming with the 4.3 clark tank, which I would like to switch out and buy the 6.3, is it pretty much just bolt up and mod the tank or do I need a new set of cables? and I guess the ? goes for both the TM40 and FCR41.
I know this will bring up more questions but it all depends on the donor bike if its a used carb, some have had to make adapters from the airbox to the carb or from the carb to the head and you'll just have to try the cables...Sorry its not more cut and dry. But with the results of the Husky 450 working maybe we can get a list started of bikes which are direct replacement? (or no adapters to make work):
Old 12-21-2008, 07:40 AM   #158
spoolie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Yeah I will read one article saying it is really hard to install and then you read a completely different experience. I would love to know what model bike, wheather it is a husky, crf, etc. that way we can find the "easiest" bolt up. Thanks
spoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:21 AM   #159
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,653
Bearing removal?...

Any tricks to removing rear bearings, like using a carrot or a garden shovel instead of special tools?

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #160
bump
COLOR ME GONE

Oddometer: 713
Just found this thread

Was searchin for a turn down exhaust tip to reduce the noise maker and found this thread.
2002 BRP full Team Honda setup. Plus a few other things like BD estart, Renazco seat, and a few parts out of the works box at PC.
I welcome me!
bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #161
bump
COLOR ME GONE

Steel subframe

Anybody know of anyone making a steel subframe? I am aware of the shop in France that made one for that guy who did Dakar.
Anyone here in the States fabbing up one in chromemoly?
Old 12-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #162
XRR-kat
Prodigal Scrambler

Oddometer: 354
Yo bump,
BD made a turn down tip good for 96 db reportedly - installed in the HRC tip in the stock exhaust. Took me two years to find one on Ebay and I lucked out - new, bought it for for about twice retail price. Couldn't duplicate it for that price. HRC really opened up rpm and power while keeping torque, but 106db at 3500 rpm; Moriwaki full with spark arrestor great on top but lost low and mid range - 103db at 3500 rpm. Needed it to complete my all-around, good torque-good hp exhaust !

Steel sub-frame - let me know when you find a source. Very good question!

XRR-kat screwed with this post 12-21-2008 at 05:08 PM
XRR-kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #163
DOSCERVASAS
neck

Used carb

Quote:
Spoolie,

The guy I got my FCR41 from is out, all he has is a FCR36

I even used his single cable, but may go back to push/pull two cable set up not sure yet.

The stock tank was a pain to put back on, the 6.3 tank has much harder plastic, so I think it will be a big pain in the ass. I didn't even try to put mine on yet, two reasons, it was getting cold, and I had 4 rum and cokes by then, but I will tell you how it goes when I get it on the bike.

DT-100
XR-650R
VTX-1800
Old 12-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #164
bump
COLOR ME GONE

Thanks!

XRR-kat

Thanks for the heads up on BD. I'll check it out and see what I can find.

Here's the shop in France that made the steel subframe for the Dakar bike: Durendal in Aix-en-Provence, France. I got that information by searching the guy's book on Amazon.
Here's the book: To Dakar and Back: 21 Days Across North Africa by Motorcycle.
I think I'd make a jig and fab one up myself before I tried to find one in a country whose language i do not speak.

Thanks again, I really apperciate the effort.
Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRR-kat
Yo bump,
BD made a turn down tip good for 96 db reportedly - installed in the HRC tip in the stock exhaust. Took me two years to find one on Ebay and I lucked out - new, bought it for for about twice retail price. Couldn't duplicate it for that price. HRC really opened up rpm and power while keeping torque, but 106db at 3500 rpm; Moriwaki full with spark arrestor great on top but lost low and mid range - 103db at 3500 rpm. Needed it to complete my all-around, good torque-good hp exhaust !

Steel sub-frame - let me know when you find a source. Very good question!
Old 12-21-2008, 10:30 PM   #165
mphoppe
Hops

Oddometer: 578
Bearing removal

Assuming your talking rear hub bearings. First time I did 'em w/o special ttools...too long and frustrating...second time, no kidding, had them out in 30 secods per side...just ordered special tools to do my steering head bearings/races (before the first time)...gettin smart in my old age...
mphoppe is offline   Reply With Quote