joenuclear screwed with this post 10-02-2009 at 06:16 PM
joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #1667
Cumbacheech
XRated

Oddometer: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear
OK, I'll be the first..... where did you get that fairing? Is it available stateside?

Did you make the filler between the bottom of the fairing and the top of the headlight? and so on.....
Looks like it is a BMW Dakar windscreen and the filler looks like it is the top of an XR400 OEM headlight fairing painted black.

Cumbacheech

Pics: Adventure setup, SUMO setup, Dirt setup
Cumbacheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #1668
Dave JP
BRP Rider

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by B DIRT
I was his age the first time I rode my uncles new 91 CR500 and Im pretty sure my face looked just like my boys did lastnight when he got off the BRP
A CR500? That's child abuse!

Dave
Dave JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #1669
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer: 1,150
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear
OK, I'll be the first..... where did you get that fairing? Is it available stateside?
Did you make the filler between the bottom of the fairing and the top of the headlight? and so on.....
yeah, i was wondering who was going to ask first

Seriously, beleive it or not, the fairing is a GS650Dakar replica adapted to this bike, the screen comes with two mounting sticks to the handlebars and has 4 anchoring points, system allows to install it on almost anybike.

to reinforce it, i bolt it to the XRR EU stock light plate which ive painted on black to minimize the transition visual effect.

that circle cut , i did it cause the fairing was before on an HP2 with a circle light. The screen is also cut on the sides to allow a clearer vision of the front blinkers.

it produces kind of "dakar" sensation and some wind protection, what i most like is the upper "lip" what differences a dakar bike from a naked street bike ugly cheap style of some aftermarket windscreens.

once it is bolted to the light plate, it creates a wide space between handlebars and the ligth plate itself so you can install easily GPS , Vapor, or even some tools or stuff.

i put for the moment the switches for the fan and gps on the handlebar, they have a ratbike look, but they are practical.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:17 AM   #1670
middy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 991
Doing what she does best

and the boy cleaning up

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
middy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:44 AM   #1671
MSH
The Salt

Oddometer: 3,031
Hahaha Nice!

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #1672
Not for Highway Use
Wannabe hasbeen

Oddometer: 990
Some handy links.

I was reading the thread about the XR650 engine when there was talk about Honda bringing out a new dualsporter. So I had bit of a "Google" and found these sites. Hope they are useful. BTW nothing about a new DS from Honda

http://www.xrdualsport.com/
http://www.xr650r.us/
http://www.xr650r.net/

See ya

Legend in my own Control Panel
Not for Highway Use is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #1674
header
Chris

Oddometer: 1,730
I just got back from our first day of shooting the chase scene of a movie that was supposed to have a chase scene between two cars. Unfortunately their lead actor left before they got the chase scene done. So they decided to use a bike (helmit on, cant see whose riding) for the chase scene. They dont ride but they saw my bike and asked me so there are two more days of shooting but hopefully I can get a copy soon and find a way to share it on here!
header is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:08 AM   #1675
B DIRT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by header
I just got back from our first day of shooting the chase scene of a movie that was supposed to have a chase scene between two cars. Unfortunately their lead actor left before they got the chase scene done. So they decided to use a bike (helmit on, cant see whose riding) for the chase scene. They dont ride but they saw my bike and asked me so there are two more days of shooting but hopefully I can get a copy soon and find a way to share it on here!
aww shit thats awesome man!!
Old 10-06-2009, 03:50 AM   #1676
spoolie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Man post that up!! That will sweet to see a BRP on the big screen!
spoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:39 AM   #1677
header
Chris

He thinks that we will have two more days of shooting and with our hectic schedules (both college students) it will be atleast a couple weeks untill were done shooting, I dont know how long the editing will take though.

I did find out that the movie is about ten min long and that the chase scene will be around a minute and a half. Remember this isnt like a BIG movie thing but I do know the cameras they are useing are fairly high end so im also excited to see how the movie will turn out

Even though im basically just a stunt man in the scenes, it is really neat to think that im going to be part of something like this even if it is short
Old 10-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #1678
pman13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Just thought I would share something I learned from IMS today. Like a couple people here, my gas cap seal cracked then came apart on my IMS tank for my XR650R. I emailed customer service at IMS and they said the problem is new, even though the gas cap design hasn't changed in 10 years. They are chalking it up to a change in the gas, and are coming out with a new design this week. They haven't locked down pricing yet, but they are thinking $10 which seems fair to me.
2000 YZ 125 and 2007 KTM 990 Adventurer S
Member of: GLDS, NOMADS, AMA
pman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #1679
header
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman13
Just thought I would share something I learned from IMS today. Like a couple people here, my gas cap seal cracked then came apart on my IMS tank for my XR650R. I emailed customer service at IMS and they said the problem is new, even though the gas cap design hasn't changed in 10 years. They are chalking it up to a change in the gas, and are coming out with a new design this week. They haven't locked down pricing yet, but they are thinking $10 which seems fair to me.
Thats interesting, I wonder what changed or better yet what prompted the change...
Old 10-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #1680
B DIRT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,376
middy your pics have got to be some of my favorite Living there must be so awesome....its just so beautiful.....