Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
Nice videos
Old 12-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #18978
Bench Racer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Working on the jetting still.

I took the BRP out this morning in 35 temps. Kind if sketchy on the road with frost glistening on the slab. Once in the frozen dirt I took it easy throughout the ride due to the icy conditions. The bike ran awesome other than the idle always gets jacked up. Pain in my a**.
So I filled up before and after the ride. I did 56 miles and took 1.6 gallons = 35 mpg's. So at moderate throttle and not twisting the grip like usual, it got 35 :[ . Not great for dirt road and easy throttle riding.
Bummer.

Not sure where to go next. I do want to change to the 68s to hopefully help the pilot and idle. But mileage wise, WTH?
Bench Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #18979
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
I just went to ATV high bars and AVS billet levers and having trouble with too short a cable on compression release.I rerouted back from triple tree and just not enough length. Turn the handle bar to the right and it opens the release killing the motor
Hmmm, I run it right around the front of the left fork tube and back beside the frame. But I have the adjustable clamp that puts the bars forward and I roll them even farther forward, so the cable goes straight over to the fork tube.

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #18980
Adamco2
Part time adventurer

Oddometer: 130
USD conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaat doc View Post
slightly different topic: for those with usd conversions (front forks)...i am putting a set of crf450r forks (05 model) on my xr with a set of cr500 triples: going to use my xr wheel
what brake caliper bracket are they referring to when they say to use the 04 crf450 caliper bracket to position the caliper correctly. the more i look at the oem parts page, the more i get confused. i can not tell from the pic for sure, but i assume it is the bracket on the left in the pic i find - part number 45190-MEN-006
I know i saw it mentioned in a thread somewhere, but for the life of me, i can not find it now.
correct or ?
Hey Doc,
I spent quite some time trying to get my XR front wheel to fit my CR250R forks and finally gave up and found a CRF front wheel on ebay. Fit like a glove and required no brake or hub mods.
Adamco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #18981
aaat doc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamco2 View Post
Hey Doc,
I spent quite some time trying to get my XR front wheel to fit my CR250R forks and finally gave up and found a CRF front wheel on ebay. Fit like a glove and required no brake or hub mods.

would be easier, but i have both a set of black dirt wheels and a set of talon hub supermoto wheels (both xr650r) that i would like to keep...

going to either order a set of spacers from evolutionsuspension or go to emig and get the axle conversion that has brake caliper relocator included.....trying to save the expense of the emig relocator.
aaat doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #18982
Adamco2
Part time adventurer

I understand. I was trying to keep mine in budget too. I ended up selling my XRR front wheel for considerably more than I bought the other one for. Let us know how is goes for you.

photo file-45.jpg
Old 12-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #18983
aaat doc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
thanks adamco...
(like the brp by the way)
could you tell much difference with the usd forks? my stock suspension has been revalved and is much nicer, but have the itch for the usd..
aaat doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #18984
Adamco2
Part time adventurer

I had some pretty nice stock shocks before too but the real reason for the switch was the ability to tune them. I am still working on dialing them in now but they are already nicer than the stock ones, especially with the big tank full of fuel.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:27 AM   #18985
seasider
Just a rider

Oddometer: 339
Stock suspension

Looking for some sag info for a stock suspended 2000 with very little miles or wear.
I am about 180 lbs with gear and althought the bike feels great for the general trail and dual sport riding so far I will be riding it in the upcoming Sandblast Rally which is basically fast sand Forrest roads with the occasional deep ruts and large dips in terrain.
I would like a range of the correct static sag and rider sag from those that can help.

Might be the bike is set fine but as the second owner and the fact that I have never touched it the time has come to make sure.
Thanks
Old 12-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #18986
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Yo ALL,

I bet this will be my last post here this year, so - Have A Super Silly Season to All!
Will peek in here again on the other end, and if you're going to light up some dynamite then don't forget to throw it away next hmm?
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #18987
ZXRaziel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRPsa View Post
Yo ALL,

I bet this will be my last post here this year, so - Have A Super Silly Season to All!
Will peek in here again on the other end, and if you're going to light up some dynamite then don't forget to throw it away next hmm?
Merry Xm's and happy new year to all piggies and the pilots
Old 12-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #18988
jm-2008
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
Xmas cheer

Greetings all,
A short note of thanks to all inmates who have contributed selflessly during the previous year.
Best wishes to you all, wishing you and your families a safe and Merry Xmas (and new year).
Looking forward to your contributions again in the new year.
Regards -

JM-2008
jm-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #18989
crypto666
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasider View Post
Looking for some sag info for a stock suspended 2000 with very little miles or wear.
I am about 180 lbs with gear and althought the bike feels great for the general trail and dual sport riding so far I will be riding it in the upcoming Sandblast Rally which is basically fast sand Forrest roads with the occasional deep ruts and large dips in terrain.
I would like a range of the correct static sag and rider sag from those that can help.

Might be the bike is set fine but as the second owner and the fact that I have never touched it the time has come to make sure.
Thanks
I think 80-100mm of sag is good. You really need to revalve it, and you will find the recipe for the shim stacks somewhere on this thread. That is the biggest improvement you can do to this bike.
crypto666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #18990
crypto666
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,137
Happy New Year and all that!
crypto666 is offline   Reply With Quote