Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #8821
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedesco886 View Post
Hmmmm....any info you have would be helpful:oP

Tons and tons of stuff out there, fire up your interwebs and start the research. Unlimited budget:

http://www.twostrokeshop.com/TSS.htm
Old 05-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #8822
aaronp1264
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
hey someone want to offer me advice on the price/things to check for on this? not sure about year either.

really wanting a dual sport right now

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/2406730577.html
aaronp1264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #8823
dirtard
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
i need to replace the headgasket on my pig, and im thinking of doing the cam chain at the same time. does anyone have any tips on doin the chain and what chain to use(oem or a wiseco)? how do i remove the chain from the bottom sprocket since there is that piece of the case that doesnt let it come off? also thinkin of doin a stage one cam....maybe. anything else to do why im in there? i just replaced the cam chain guides but i had to button it up with the used gasket cause i didnt have time to wait for a new one at the time
dirtard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #8824
Bonebag
ADDvrider

Oddometer: 5,375
Rekluse

Will the XR still do a wheelie on command with an auto clutch..forgive my weakness..just never rode a bike with one. What are the benefits outside the obvious single track ones? Thanks
Bonebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #8825
slabm7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronp1264 View Post
hey someone want to offer me advice on the price/things to check for on this? not sure about year either.

Seems like a fair deal to me, that bike looks to be in pretty good shape.

Nobody EVER lies on their death bed and says "I should have worked more".
slabm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:03 AM   #8826
cdogg44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:

I'm in Ft. Smith, Arkansas, which is close enough to OKC to be in the same market. I sold a 2002 XR650R in great shape that had been uncorked and with Cycra handguards and different bars along with a clear title and tag back in April for $2850. I had it listed for $3000 and was happy with what I got.

If it's clean with an absolutely 100% legit title and tag (the hardest thing to find) then it's worth $3000 but $2700 or so should be possible depending on the seller.

Hope that helps.
cdogg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:28 AM   #8827
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonebag View Post
Will the XR still do a wheelie on command with an auto clutch..forgive my weakness..just never rode a bike with one. What are the benefits outside the obvious single track ones? Thanks
Yes, easily in 1st thru 3rd, and with a rise or tug in 4th, that's with 15/45 gearing. My CRF450R will wheelie in all 5 gears with the auto clutch. Advantages of auto clutch include, no stalling, never in wrong gear (because it will automatically slip to power), hole shots if racing, ability to add rear hand brake, increased rear tire life, and basically reduced rider workload.

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:34 AM   #8828
jtworldwide2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMoto View Post
Gatos,

I've never run a set on an XRR, but I can say that there was a big difference, to me, between a conventional fork 1999 EXC300 and a USD 2000 EXC300, ridden back to back. Not so much on the big hits or cruising, but on all the little stutter bumps and also on the square edge stuff.

That loss of unsprung weight on the lowers seems to make it react quicker on those types of bumps. My two cents, anyway.

I'd be interested to try a set of USD's from a 2006 or newer CRF that were revalved by Precision Concepts like the conventional set I have on there right now, so it would be an apples to apples comparison. I'd probably want to do so with Emig's new design triples that mimic the XRR factory offset, too, to keep it even more "alike".

Now the hard part, finding someone to finance the comparison .
I have a set of Ohlins sumo CRF forks on my piggy. Granted its setup for supermoto so the stockers sucked to begin with, but the Ohlins stuff is lights out better than the stockers.
jtworldwide2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #8829
Bonebag
ADDvrider

Oddometer: 5,375
Quote:

Looks pretty clean..if he hasn't uncorked it yet and it's clean all the way around..snag it, change oil, uncork it and flail the living hell out of it!! My .02

If he has uncorked it..perfect..less work for you. Look for wear around the frame and on the sides of the motor to give you an idea on mileage..the less wear..the lower mileage..if there is no or barely any wear..chances are nobody rode it with off road boots on
Probably a low mileage stocker that rarely saw off road conditions..that said..swing arm bearing maintenance would be on my list shortly..
Bonebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:55 AM   #8830
Purcell69
Mors ex Tenebris

Oddometer: 3,689
Quote:

I'd have to wonder why he's only put 400 miles on it since he bought it and is now looking to sell. Also the 2001's still had issues with the clutch bushing. Not much of an issue until you get into traffic. You may want to confirm the clutch bushing has been updated. From the pictures, it looks clean, though I doubt I'd give full asking price, the bike is 10 years old. Try to find out what history you can from the seller, but with so few miles since purchased, he may not be much help. Don't take his word for gospel, he's trying to sell you the bike.

FWIW, I bought my plated '02 in Missouri in 2009 for $2800 and pretty much ride several times a week. I've added over 7,000 miles to it since purchase with no real issues other than rear wheel bearings.

-Joe

Trust and Respect take years to earn, but can be lost in a moment.

Life's too short to hold a grudge. -Joe
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:09 PM   #8831
aaronp1264
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
hey thanks, i'm trying to get all the info out of the guy that I can. the more i think about having an enduro the more comfortable i feel with dropping 90% of my savings on a bike. internet message boards can be so damn helpful.
aaronp1264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #8832
RallyMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Quote:
hey thanks, i'm trying to get all the info out of the guy that I can. the more i think about having an enduro the more comfortable i feel with dropping 90% of my savings on a bike. internet message boards can be so damn helpful.
I can't speak about that particular bike, but the XRR is about the best "do it all" moto there is. Incredibly reliable and simple to work on. Parts are decently priced, too.
RallyMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #8833
Big_John
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:

Buy a 650R if you have dirt riding, handy and available. If you are going to be doing more pavement/fire roads.....you should point yourself toward a KRL or a Beemer 650 Dakar or VStrom (all three can be purchased used for $3-$4k).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMoto View Post
I can't speak about that particular bike, but the XRR is about the best "do it all" moto there is. Incredibly reliable and simple to work on. Parts are decently priced, too.

I will mostly agree.....but the XR650R is not an Adventure Bike, so to speak. In other words, there is no way I would buy this bike for rides that would involve long pavement runs....coast to coast ADV Rides, etc. I can only stand about about 100 miles on the pavement at highway speeds.
Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com

Big_John screwed with this post 05-31-2011 at 02:52 PM
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #8834
Purcell69
Mors ex Tenebris

Oddometer: 3,689
Quote:
PM sent.

-Joe

Trust and Respect take years to earn, but can be lost in a moment.

Life's too short to hold a grudge. -Joe
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #8835
Rydah
Remember the Night Rydah!

Oddometer: 210
Question Desperate!!!

Guys, need to remove my swingarm, and wanted to see if anyone on here has a set of those swingarm locknut removal sockets that I could borrow. I'll be of course glad to pay for shipping to/from you, and I need them ASAP.
Thanks.

Please email me at rrjadus@gmail.com

Rydah screwed with this post 05-31-2011 at 07:17 PM
Rydah is offline   Reply With Quote