Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #10531
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

Oddometer: 1,842
Tiedowns do fit the crf fork setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoc View Post
once again v-rider comes through with vital intell. Thanks alot. I ordered the top bearings from evolution today with wheel spacers to use xr front tire i'll post up some pics when it's done.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #10532
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLEISCOOL View Post
Thats a clean looking bike there Clogger
No kidding!

I wish..

I would be slightly upset though if my practically new bike didn't feet any better then my used one...
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #10533
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,164
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #10534
Johnny55
Banned

Oddometer: 401
Does anyone know if there is a bike shop in Vegas that carries any XR's Only parts? I need a Case Saver and front wheel spacers. Any advice? I would by them right from XRO but the lack of an address is alittle tough!
Johnny55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:32 AM   #10535
V-rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoc View Post
once again v-rider comes through with vital intell. Thanks alot. I ordered the top bearings from evolution today with wheel spacers to use xr front tire i'll post up some pics when it's done.
Let us know how the wheel spacer things work out.

Just be careful when putting the turned-down upper race in the frame. It has a really thin edge that looks like it would be easy to damage when installing it. I used an old bearing to help me tap it in my frame. Went in pretty easy. Would have probably went in easier if I had chilled the race in the fridge before installing it...

Went for the 2nd ride in the boondocks last weekend since putting on my CRF front end. Tons of rutted, deep sandy trails. With the suspension set up nice and a Michelin S12 on the front, it made for a good time with no incidents.
V-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #10536
brapp-alot-puss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Help a newbie w/ some potential carb troubleshooting?

Hey guys. Bought an 01 XRR from a frined in the spring with a motard setup. It had a straight K&N cone air filter instead of airbox. I hav since had the motor rebuilt converted back to factory airbox, removed the Akropovic exhaust and went to factory exhaust. I have since installed all the accessories on it that UI wanted to make it a dirt bike again... but it has fouled a plug and I think I am on my way to fouling another. I does not want to idle and smell really gassy in the exhaust smoke. Anything short of full on carb re-jetting I can do first? I WANT TO RIDE THIS BEAST!!! Thanks.
brapp-alot-puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #10537
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by brapp-alot-puss View Post
Hey guys. Bought an 01 XRR from a frined in the spring with a motard setup. It had a straight K&N cone air filter instead of airbox. I hav since had the motor rebuilt converted back to factory airbox, removed the Akropovic exhaust and went to factory exhaust. I have since installed all the accessories on it that UI wanted to make it a dirt bike again... but it has fouled a plug and I think I am on my way to fouling another. I does not want to idle and smell really gassy in the exhaust smoke. Anything short of full on carb re-jetting I can do first? I WANT TO RIDE THIS BEAST!!! Thanks.

Sounds like it's jetted for the old setup and is drowning in fuel...rejet is the only fix.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #10538
Garthe
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer: 4,295
VERY nice Sean...

It coming togeather quite well. Fairing and Steering Stab. looks great.

Looking forward to seeing the rack.
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #10539
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny55 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a bike shop in Vegas that carries any XR's Only parts? I need a Case Saver and front wheel spacers. Any advice? I would by them right from XRO but the lack of an address is alittle tough!
I don't think there is one, but I'm sure Sportsman Cycles (3475 Boulder Hwy) would let you have it shipped to them. Great folks there (same building as BITD HQ). Its a KTM dealer, but the only dealer I found in town that was knowledgeable, helpful and generally the sorta place I'd wanna do business. I think I hit most or all honda dealers in vegas last summer when I was in town for the race, but its possible I missed one or two. There was a discount tire shop that also had some parts and was generally quite helpful - not a bike dealer though if that matters. I don't remember the name, but I'm sure you can work it out:)

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #10540
Johnny55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot View Post
I don't think there is one, but I'm sure Sportsman Cycles (3475 Boulder Hwy) would let you have it shipped to them. Great folks there (same building as BITD HQ). Its a KTM dealer, but the only dealer I found in town that was knowledgeable, helpful and generally the sorta place I'd wanna do business. I think I hit most or all honda dealers in vegas last summer when I was in town for the race, but its possible I missed one or two. There was a discount tire shop that also had some parts and was generally quite helpful - not a bike dealer though if that matters. I don't remember the name, but I'm sure you can work it out:)

Thanks for the advice. I will give them a call. Thanks again!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #10541
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
"Most definately out of spark"

JM, I'd pull the stator-cover first. If that lot has gulped water then your chance of a spark is little, but also you want to fix this gulping habit.
Dow Corning makes some RTV for electronics, a clear silicon which doesn't stick too hard but seals very well, used to 'anti-vibrate' electronic components. This stuff is perfect to watertight the grommet-area where the wires come out - if this is the gulping-cause.
If dry then you need to measure the various current & voltages, unless you've got a stack of spare parts which you can use/swap.
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #10542
slogger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
Any good way of mounting a license plate on the fender of an XR? I want it to hang down and be visible.

Any product available for this?
thanks
slogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #10543
Johnny55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger View Post
Any good way of mounting a license plate on the fender of an XR? I want it to hang down and be visible.

Any product available for this?
thanks

Nope, Cant be done.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #10544
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

Oddometer: 1,842
Quote:
Nope, Cant be done.
hey wait a sec this ant the stone age anymore
i can do, we can add bracket to the rear fender support
Old 10-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #10545
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,164
Quote:
Nope, Cant be done.
um well yes it can , crf rear fender or take a look at my bike in the vid , i seem to have 1 that Honda makes , it aint cheap as its a honda part , but there available
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote