ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #10531
V-rider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Oddometer: 162
Glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoc View Post
once again v-rider comes through with vital intell. Thanks alot. I ordered the top bearings from evolution today with wheel spacers to use xr front tire i'll post up some pics when it's done.
Let us know how the wheel spacer things work out.

Just be careful when putting the turned-down upper race in the frame. It has a really thin edge that looks like it would be easy to damage when installing it. I used an old bearing to help me tap it in my frame. Went in pretty easy. Would have probably went in easier if I had chilled the race in the fridge before installing it...

Went for the 2nd ride in the boondocks last weekend since putting on my CRF front end. Tons of rutted, deep sandy trails. With the suspension set up nice and a Michelin S12 on the front, it made for a good time with no incidents.
V-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #10532
brapp-alot-puss
Adventurer
 
brapp-alot-puss's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Denver, CO. Xanadu
Oddometer: 30
Help a newbie w/ some potential carb troubleshooting?

Hey guys. Bought an 01 XRR from a frined in the spring with a motard setup. It had a straight K&N cone air filter instead of airbox. I hav since had the motor rebuilt converted back to factory airbox, removed the Akropovic exhaust and went to factory exhaust. I have since installed all the accessories on it that UI wanted to make it a dirt bike again... but it has fouled a plug and I think I am on my way to fouling another. I does not want to idle and smell really gassy in the exhaust smoke. Anything short of full on carb re-jetting I can do first? I WANT TO RIDE THIS BEAST!!! Thanks.
brapp-alot-puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #10533
larryboy
Chopper Rider
 
larryboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: On a set of 50,000 mile tires.
Oddometer: 14,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by brapp-alot-puss View Post
Hey guys. Bought an 01 XRR from a frined in the spring with a motard setup. It had a straight K&N cone air filter instead of airbox. I hav since had the motor rebuilt converted back to factory airbox, removed the Akropovic exhaust and went to factory exhaust. I have since installed all the accessories on it that UI wanted to make it a dirt bike again... but it has fouled a plug and I think I am on my way to fouling another. I does not want to idle and smell really gassy in the exhaust smoke. Anything short of full on carb re-jetting I can do first? I WANT TO RIDE THIS BEAST!!! Thanks.

Sounds like it's jetted for the old setup and is drowning in fuel...rejet is the only fix.
__________________
Be sure the safest rule is that we should not dare to live in any scene in which we dare not die. ~Lewis Carroll~
larryboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #10534
Garthe
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...
 
Garthe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 4,364
VERY nice Sean...

It coming togeather quite well. Fairing and Steering Stab. looks great.

Looking forward to seeing the rack.
__________________
2007 XR650R
2001 Montessa 315R
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #10535
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer
 
BikePilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 11,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny55 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a bike shop in Vegas that carries any XR's Only parts? I need a Case Saver and front wheel spacers. Any advice? I would by them right from XRO but the lack of an address is alittle tough!
I don't think there is one, but I'm sure Sportsman Cycles (3475 Boulder Hwy) would let you have it shipped to them. Great folks there (same building as BITD HQ). Its a KTM dealer, but the only dealer I found in town that was knowledgeable, helpful and generally the sorta place I'd wanna do business. I think I hit most or all honda dealers in vegas last summer when I was in town for the race, but its possible I missed one or two. There was a discount tire shop that also had some parts and was generally quite helpful - not a bike dealer though if that matters. I don't remember the name, but I'm sure you can work it out:)
__________________
'09 Buell XB12XT, TL1000S, H1F, M620, CR250R, KX100, XR650R, Cota 315R

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #10536
Johnny55
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Right Here, Right Now
Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot View Post
I don't think there is one, but I'm sure Sportsman Cycles (3475 Boulder Hwy) would let you have it shipped to them. Great folks there (same building as BITD HQ). Its a KTM dealer, but the only dealer I found in town that was knowledgeable, helpful and generally the sorta place I'd wanna do business. I think I hit most or all honda dealers in vegas last summer when I was in town for the race, but its possible I missed one or two. There was a discount tire shop that also had some parts and was generally quite helpful - not a bike dealer though if that matters. I don't remember the name, but I'm sure you can work it out:)


Thanks for the advice. I will give them a call. Thanks again!
Johnny55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #10537
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..
 
BuRPsa's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Pretoria
Oddometer: 548
"Most definately out of spark"

JM, I'd pull the stator-cover first. If that lot has gulped water then your chance of a spark is little, but also you want to fix this gulping habit.
Dow Corning makes some RTV for electronics, a clear silicon which doesn't stick too hard but seals very well, used to 'anti-vibrate' electronic components. This stuff is perfect to watertight the grommet-area where the wires come out - if this is the gulping-cause.
If dry then you need to measure the various current & voltages, unless you've got a stack of spare parts which you can use/swap.
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #10538
slogger
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Oddometer: 678
Any good way of mounting a license plate on the fender of an XR? I want it to hang down and be visible.

Any product available for this?
thanks
slogger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #10539
Johnny55
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Right Here, Right Now
Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger View Post
Any good way of mounting a license plate on the fender of an XR? I want it to hang down and be visible.

Any product available for this?
thanks

Nope, Cant be done.
Johnny55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #10540
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff
 
jungleplant's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: ManRacks, California
Oddometer: 1,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny55 View Post
Nope, Cant be done.
hey wait a sec this ant the stone age anymore
i can do, we can add bracket to the rear fender support
__________________
209-356-8982
www.manracks.com
jungleplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #10541
Sean-0
straya carnt
 
Sean-0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Mumblebum Northern NSW
Oddometer: 4,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny55 View Post
Nope, Cant be done.
um well yes it can , crf rear fender or take a look at my bike in the vid , i seem to have 1 that Honda makes , it aint cheap as its a honda part , but there available
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #10542
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff
 
jungleplant's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: ManRacks, California
Oddometer: 1,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger View Post
Any good way of mounting a license plate on the fender of an XR? I want it to hang down and be visible.

Any product available for this?
thanks
yes no problem
__________________
209-356-8982
www.manracks.com
jungleplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #10543
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff
 
jungleplant's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: ManRacks, California
Oddometer: 1,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
um well yes it can , crf rear fender or take a look at my bike in the vid , i seem to have 1 that Honda makes , it aint cheap as its a honda part , but there available
post up a pic of that rear fender thing you have and ill see about making a few for the homies here
__________________
209-356-8982
www.manracks.com
jungleplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #10544
Sean-0
straya carnt
 
Sean-0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Mumblebum Northern NSW
Oddometer: 4,362
this the best way to see it .. the part i refer to is part 13

http://www.oemmotorparts.eu/oem5.asp...=HO-XR650R3-UL

then you can also see the extended , rear fender
this is the AUS model , stock dual sported , parts available from honda .
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #10545
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff
 
jungleplant's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: ManRacks, California
Oddometer: 1,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
this the best way to see it .. the part i refer to is part 13

http://www.oemmotorparts.eu/oem5.asp...=HO-XR650R3-UL

then you can also see the extended , rear fender
this is the AUS model , stock dual sported , parts available from honda .
ok got it checkout
link , i think i can add that bracket

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=732310
__________________
209-356-8982
www.manracks.com
jungleplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015