Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2008, 11:50 PM   #106
badcooky
I see dumb people!

Oddometer: 1,129
Yeah baby,only been for a couple of rides but at 5th gear flat out on the rev limiter it's scarygood.
Have the Staintune headers on now but haven't been for a run yet,they should be the bomb.
badcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:16 AM   #107
DOSCERVASAS
neck

Oddometer: 220
40 vs 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650Rking
I bought a used TM40 a while back which was Aprox $200-$225.

Bruce Wrote about the TM40 http://borynack.com/XR650R/HorsePowerMods.htm and included the setup and jetting he used. I'm sure you have been to his site but this should give you an idea...My bike was still down when I got mine and had to get rid of it just to get some cash back since it was just sitting around so I never got to use it. but people rave about its performance certainly over stock and even over the Edelbrock?

I don't know much about the TM40 vs TM41 other than the venturi is 41mm instead of 40????

Anyone else have any input?

Yea, I never even heard any one talk about a TM41. Maybe some will post up, I will do some diggin.

"Another Day, Another poor soul left in my Dust"

DT-100
XR-650R
VTX-1800
DOSCERVASAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:22 AM   #108
badcooky
I see dumb people!

Oddometer: 1,129
Dosco maybe it's an FCR 41mm,i know there's one of them.
badcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #109
DOSCERVASAS
neck

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcooky
Dosco maybe it's an FCR 41mm,i know there's one of them.
Yes you are right cooky, I just sent him a bid, and asked if it was a FCR.

I don't want to get into carbs again, but I my memory is right the FCR is a good carb just more expensive than the Mikuni, Right?

DT-100
XR-650R
VTX-1800
Old 12-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #110
DOSCERVASAS
neck

Fcr 41

Well guys, I could not pass it up, he will take $250 for the FCR 41, and will send cables as well.

Any body have anything on jetting this thing for 1000 ft above sea level, or any jetting rec's at all?

Or should I just order some jets and start working on it?

DT-100
XR-650R
VTX-1800
Old 12-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #111
JustinT OP
I will ride my whole life

Oddometer: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOSCERVASAS
Well guys, I could not pass it up, he will take $250 for the FCR 41, and will send cables as well.

Any body have anything on jetting this thing for 1000 ft above sea level, or any jetting rec's at all?

Or should I just order some jets and start working on it?
Dos, I ran across an FCR after I got my bike running and jumped on it and just now starting to jet it so I have been reading up on it and asking questions as well...I PM'd Everyone I found on Thumpertalk that had a FCR41 on a XR650R and I posted what I found out. Here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=73 its actual #73 of this thread! The downside is no one gave any Alt or Temp conditions. but it will give you a starting off point. I had to order some more pilots and mains and they came in today so I hope to try them out! this weekend!

My envirnomental conditions are on the link above but I'm at 400 MSL and currently 35-45 F and 75-80% humidity on a good day!

Some Links I found on the topic of jetting these FCR's;

http://29dreamsracing.com/FZRinfo/Fl...ng%20Guide.pdf

http://www.thumperfaq.com/jetting.htm (This is an FCR carb for a different bike but concept is the same)
Old 12-12-2008, 08:53 PM   #112
DOSCERVASAS
neck

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650Rking
Dos, I ran across an FCR after I got my bike running and jumped on it and just now starting to jet it so I have been reading up on it and asking questions as well...I PM'd Everyone I found on Thumpertalk that had a FCR41 on a XR650R and I posted what I found out. Here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=73 its actual #73 of this thread! The downside is no one gave any Alt or Temp conditions. but it will give you a starting off point. I had to order some more pilots and mains and they came in today so I hope to try them out! this weekend!

My envirnomental conditions are on the link above but I'm at 400 MSL and currently 35-45 F and 75-80% humidity on a good day!

Some Links I found on the topic of jetting these FCR's;

http://29dreamsracing.com/FZRinfo/Fl...ng%20Guide.pdf

http://www.thumperfaq.com/jetting.htm (This is an FCR carb for a different bike but concept is the same)
You are the MAN , I hope to keep in touch with you. I will PM you when I get it in, and we can talk then.

I will look at the links, thanks again.

I have to say, I am very excited about the FCR 41. I think it will make the BRP say HELLO.

DT-100
XR-650R
VTX-1800
Old 12-13-2008, 05:50 AM   #113
spoolie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Hey guys I'm in the process of getting a BRP from NM and the elevation is arnd 8,000 ft and I live in NC at 850 above sea level, my ? is what jetting will I use and what do I need to change in the carb to make it run properly?
By the way this thread is awesome
spoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:36 AM   #114
JustinT OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolie
Hey guys I'm in the process of getting a BRP from NM and the elevation is arnd 8,000 ft and I live in NC at 850 above sea level, my ? is what jetting will I use and what do I need to change in the carb to make it run properly?
We can get you running right certainly!

I know you don't have the bike yet...but Fill us in on as many details/upgrades/mods done to the bike that you can think of, such as...any exhaust changes, has the airbox been modified, has the intake boot been upgraded/modified, cam changes, Carb change?

Also what year is it?

I don't know how familiar with the bike you are but since you are on ADVrider I'm sure you have searched it and know a good deal about it already

has it been been "uncorked" (has the previous owner (PO)) unrestricted id?

for your area (let us know the temp ranges you run in) I'd try the 172-175 (start with 172) main, the B53E needle on 3rd clip from top and the 68s pilot jet

These settings can change based on what you tell us about the bike, no worries we'll get it running right and you will LOVE IT!

XRRK
Old 12-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #115
FOCKER
Northwest Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolie
Here's what I run:

2002 XR650R...Uncorked
Stock Carb
Elevation: 400 ft
172 Main during summer months (70 - 95 avg temps)
175 Main during colder months (40 - 50 avg temps)
68s pilot
Clip at 3rd position from top

Look here as well - http://www.xr650r.us/jetting
FOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #116
RdrMtn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
stock lighting upgrades with stock stator:

If you are running the stock headlight (in the U.S.), an A3603 bulb is a direct replacement for the stock bulb-and much brighter. When you solder the posts together you have a 50 watt bulb. A pack of two costs less than $5. It does not melt the plastic headlight lens. This has been my favorite mod to my '01 650R I bought used in 2005 (I plated it).

I also installed the "LED tail light inner kit" from Wheeling Cycle Supply. I use the stock taillight for a brake light and this LED kit makes it much brighter.

I run the stock stator, and because of the LED tail light, the headlight no longer dims when I apply the rear brake.

These two mods cost less than $30 together, and drastically improve the stock lighting while keeping the stock stator.
RdrMtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:32 AM   #117
FOCKER
Northwest Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdrMtn
If you are running the stock headlight (in the U.S.), an A3603 bulb is a direct replacement for the stock bulb-and much brighter. When you solder the posts together you have a 50 watt bulb. A pack of two costs less than $5. It does not melt the plastic headlight lens. This has been my favorite mod to my '01 650R I bought used in 2005 (I plated it).

I also installed the "LED tail light inner kit" from Wheeling Cycle Supply. I use the stock taillight for a brake light and this LED kit makes it much brighter.

I run the stock stator, and because of the LED tail light, the headlight no longer dims when I apply the rear brake.

These two mods cost less than $30 together, and drastically improve the stock lighting while keeping the stock stator.
I'm using the Baja Designs headlight...I don't think it would work the same because I'd loose the high beam factor right? That's basically what you're doing I think...Soldered together is like using high beams?
FOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:39 AM   #118
RdrMtn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Yeah, the A3603 is a dual filament that will fit in the stock headlight assembly. I think a new headlight bulb from Honda is aroung $25.
RdrMtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #119
JustinT OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdrMtn
Yeah, the A3603 is a dual filament that will fit in the stock headlight assembly. I think a new headlight bulb from Honda is aroung $25.
Good info! I know upgrading the headlight was a high priority when I first got mine! I linked the index post to your post!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #120
spoolie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Thanks Guys,

First I think I know enough about the bike that I can tell you the main things, it is a 01 BRP, jetted, desmogged, uncorked, HRC tip on the stock exhaust, no header, (yet), as far as the airbox I can't say yet, no hotcam, no major engine work. The weather here right now is 40's thru the day and gets into the 20's at night and I ride whatever time, rain or shine.

Hope that helps!

And thanks for the chart!

spoolie screwed with this post 12-13-2008 at 01:06 PM
spoolie is offline   Reply With Quote