Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #1201
Purcell69
Mors ex Tenebris

Oddometer: 3,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrtrippin
So last night was interesting, no problems with the electrical, just got caught in a thunderstorm on a dirt road on my way home near dark, the distanzia was starting to get some good grip then around one corner the thumpita thumpita thumpita and wag of the back end started. Crap flat tire. Since I am still working on getting the pig all sorted out with tooling etc, I didn't have tire irons or inflation with me, so I had to nurse it home about 15 mi on a flat, it was slow going. Got home and inspected the wheel, no rim damage, popped the tire off, the rubber strip in the rim was off to one side so the tube was on the spoke nipple, also the tube was creased and had no talk on it. Well the good part is I didn't really like that tire anyway and the wife said I need to wear one out before I can get a new one since I have the factory knobbies that were taken off when the bike was new. Well after 15 mi I'm not gonna trust the tire is sound anymore so yeah I get a new tire.
I lost the back on my DR350SE one afternoon and had to ride it home. I'd just come off a traffic light and was accelerating a little harder than normal. The valve stem separated from the tube and the noise and wag started. I rode the shoulder home for 13 miles, going about 35 mph. I can't remember the tire brand, but it did a great job of protecting the rim.

When I got home I was able to install a new tube and call it good, but then I wasn't riding a XR650R at the time and it was a different brand of tire. You should replace yours.

-Joe
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #1202
Michelangelo
2 wheel rider...anytime..

Oddometer: 1,591
I'm going for something a little different with my stock red XR650R graphics. I'm going to go with a blue seat cover and use one of these graphic designs, albeit with a little more blue to match the seat. Which do you think would make the best base design to add blue to (if needed)? I will also change whatever brand name like "Cernics" or whatever to something to indicate "BRP" for Big Red Pig.

Michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #1203
MSH
The Salt

Oddometer: 3,031
Nice! I like those!

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #1204
Purcell69
Mors ex Tenebris

I actually like the set on the top, black with the subdued gray Honda wings. The design is not too busy, bold and simple.

-Joe
Old 07-28-2009, 10:59 AM   #1205
Michelangelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell69
I actually like the set on the top, black with the subdued gray Honda wings. The design is not too busy, bold and simple.

-Joe
Yeah me too, got them from an Italian guy who designed it over on thumpertalk. I'm actually going to use the pig and "BRP" logo from his on whichever one. I need to have it have a primarily red background to go with the major accent of blue though in order to match my seat and the red of the rest of bike.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #1206
Purcell69
Mors ex Tenebris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo
Yeah me too, got them from an Italian guy who designed it over on thumpertalk. I'm actually going to use the pig and "BRP" logo from his on whichever one. I need to have it have a primarily red background to go with the major accent of blue though in order to match my seat and the red of the rest of bike.
I saw that thread. Are you going for the retro-1985 XR/XL look? I owned a XL350R with the '85 model was first released. It has to be my favorite of all the dual sports. The only year (US) for the dry-sump and twin, progressive carbs. I was a terror on that bike! It was nothing for me to pull the front wheel through the first three gears. Definitely the bike I should have never sold!

-Joe
Old 07-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #1207
murder face
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
I have been searching for a thread about installing a second petcock on a plastic tank for a while. I found nothing so I decided to just wing it and do my own. 2000 BRP Plated with some stuff.

Heres the Bike

Pingel 3/8 fuel valve
Pingel dual inlet single outlet fuel filter
4ft fuel hose 5/16

Tools
37/64 drill bit
3/8 - 18 pipe thread tap
PTFE tape (teflon)

Hole drilled in tank teflon wrapped threads

valve threaded in hose routing right side

Hose routing left side

Original milege with one fuel valve 135-145 miles to dry on right saddle.
New milege : TBD gonna take it for a ride to dry on both saddles. - +60 miles- about 200 miles on average to dry on both saddles.

I realize that I will still have a about an inch depth of fuel left on the the left saddle due to the carb fuel inlet being higher than the bottom of the tank. If I can make the left saddle more useable rather than having to tip it over and transferring fuel to the right side I will be satisfied. You may be able to get the same results by tapping a hole on both saddles and connecting them by a hose. I will post results of milege to dry tonight. I am gearing up at the moment.

murder face screwed with this post 02-12-2010 at 10:45 AM
murder face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #1208
Michelangelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell69
I saw that thread. Are you going for the retro-1985 XR/XL look? I owned a XL350R with the '85 model was first released. It has to be my favorite of all the dual sports. The only year (US) for the dry-sump and twin, progressive carbs. I was a terror on that bike! It was nothing for me to pull the front wheel through the first three gears. Definitely the bike I should have never sold!

-Joe
Naw, I'm not necessarily going for a retro look. I simply thought it might be cool to be a bit more updated and different look on my XRR. I initial thought about the blue seat when I saw my brother's new 450x with the troy lee graphics kit.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #1209
ion
dorque

Oddometer: 58
that looks GREAT! :)

and, good job murder face... let us know how that works out!

ATTENTION XRR INMATES: I've got 3 pairs of M10 x 1.25p x 50mm x 12.9 hardness socket head cap screws left over from my McMaster order that are up for grabs. PM me, and I'll send'em to you in bubble mailer for a few bucks sent to my PayPal.

But only after I get back from thrashing my new-to-me machine in/around Asheville for the rest of the week.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #1210
Purcell69
Mors ex Tenebris

Quote:
Naw, I'm not necessarily going for a retro look. I simply thought it might be cool to be a bit more updated and different look on my XRR. I initial thought about the blue seat when I saw my brother's new 450x with the troy lee graphics kit.

Very nice!

-Joe
Old 07-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #1211
Svedenblad
n00b

Oddometer: 4
http://forum.soe.se/attachment.php?a...8&d=1246729029

How do you guys post images? I have tried to attach and also by linking from another homepage but nothing works. This link above I posted as an IMG using the IMG button in the toolbar. I am currently building a new rallye front on my bike and wanted to share my experience with you guys.
I know my way with computers and internet so we kan skip the basic stuff..

Svedenblad screwed with this post 07-28-2009 at 11:23 PM
Svedenblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #1212
Michelangelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svedenblad
http://forum.soe.se/attachment.php?a...8&d=1246729029

How do you guys post images? I have tried to attach and also by linking from another homepage but nothing works. This link above I posted as an IMG using the IMG button in the toolbar. I am currently building a new rallye front on my bike and wanted to share my experience with you guys.
I know my way with computers and internet so we kan skip the basic stuff..
Pretty cool! Want more pics!
I upload all my pics to Photobucket and then copy the image URL directly onto the message here and it's a picture. I've never had much luck with the various forums' attachment tools.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #1213
Svedenblad
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Well I have done exactly that. It doesn't work. I dont want to mess this thread up so I will leave it at this untill i get this working. Send PM's with you ideas instead so we leave the PIG thread a PIG tread.
Svedenblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:22 AM   #1214
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,430
Quote:

i am actually planning the same blue colour seat and forkboots for my pig...
I have 2 sets of wheels now...one in black excel rims...while the other is inodise black front,and gold excel rims for rear...so i am planning to replace the inodise black front wheel to a gold rims...
It will look retro...i will have 1 set of wheels with fresh knobbies,and the other a semi-offroad tyres for the road usage...

hmm...the pig still fun to play around with after 2yrs of having it...pig rulez...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #1215
Michelangelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svedenblad
Well I have done exactly that. It doesn't work. I dont want to mess this thread up so I will leave it at this untill i get this working. Send PM's with you ideas instead so we leave the PIG thread a PIG tread.
Are you sure your' copying the correct url from Photobucket or wherever you have your photos uploaded? If you are you should have this code at the front and back of it

[img] here would be the url coding or address, then you have this at the end [/img]