Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #12421
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,497
I've had a Rekluse in my CRF450 for almost 10 years, best thing ever, love it in the 650 too. Rear hand brakes are awesome too. I will also have one in my new Christini AWD 450, now where did you say that snow was?!?!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #12422
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer: 741
650 rekulse

I've only rode with it 50 miles or so. The weekend before I rode my 05 cr250 with trials tire up this steep rocky section and stalled it at least a half dozen times getting up it. 2nd gear on the auto crawled right up it ( mind blowing ) I bought it because I broke my neck 5 years ago and after about three hours of riding my left hand stops work very well. The only thing I didn't like is my buddies ask me if training wheels are next. I plan on putting one in the little 250 and my 950 Super Enduro. Really is going to make riding more fun again
dogsslober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #12423
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,844
Got a line on a well used but not abused xrr to purchase in the spring when it gets out of storage. Starting reading this thread from the beginning, this is gonna be a daunting task!
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #12424
Gildus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
Got a line on a well used but not abused xrr to purchase in the spring when it gets out of storage. Starting reading this thread from the beginning, this is gonna be a daunting task!
yeah, reading em all is kind of daunting, but well worth it. Just finished them all myself. If you go through this one and electrical, you'll be really up to speed.
Gildus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #12425
AtomicXRer
Chile Eater

Oddometer: 3,917
Look us NM riders up when you're in so CO or NM. Could join you for these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
On a different note, anybody doing the CDT this summer? My buddy and I will be doing it sometime in June or early July I think. My bike is in Phoenix now and he's getting his shipped down in a few weeks. We'll both be on XRR's and camping. We are thinking about detouring over to Moab to ride White Rim Trail before backtracking to the CDT again.

Super excited!
Old 03-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #12426
Flatline74
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Is the UFO plastic a direct fit like OEM? I have the front and rear plastics UFO that should be here Wednesday. The taillight just from pictures does not look like it the same size, taller maybe wider. Only reason I ask is there is one of the those XR'sOnly billet racks on it and its already nearly rubbing.

But, hell for all I know it already has UFO plastics on it.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #12427
XRx
Broken Filter

Oddometer: 505
I took Garthe's advice and bought a Kawasaki today Although, I didn't sell my XRR as he suggested. Thought maybe he'd like to see pics of my new beast! Garthe you can try it sometime if you think you can handle it

Old 03-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #12428
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,844
A KE100??? Good god hold on for you life!
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #12429
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Vintage iron.

Sweet looking bike. makes me miss my old XL.
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #12430
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Cold and rainy ride.

Forgot to bring a camera, so all i got was Iphone pics.

Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #12431
Dread Pendragon
Xin Ku

Oddometer: 2,188
My friends XRR does something that seems odd to me: When kick starting it, just one kick seems to build up the compression enough that he has to use the compression release lever before he can kick it again. So it's one kick, then release the compression, one kick, compression . . .

I think the guy he bought it from put in Hotcams. Is that normal for some XRRs, or for Hotcams, or does anyone think there may be another problem?

edit: we decided to cowboy up and do the valves on all three bikes tonight. We'll see if it makes a difference for his bike.
Death Valley Ride

Dread Pendragon screwed with this post 03-03-2012 at 07:23 PM
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #12432
ditchwitch650
living the nightmare

Oddometer: 730
overheating problem

G'day Piggy fans,

i am having some over heating problems with my XR650R currently, has anyone here fitted up the cheaper aftermarket radiators? how do they compare to fluidyne's, for fitment, strength and overall quality,

there add all say the increase the fluid capacity around 50% and offer 30-40% better cooling around the same a stated by fluidyne

has anyone here fitted a fan to there pig? i'm looking at a ktm 690 unit as a mate has 1 spare any problems with wiring 1 in, does anything else need to be upgraded to run 1?

thanks

ditchwitch650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #12433
Gildus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchwitch650 View Post
G'day Piggy fans,

i am having some over heating problems with my XR650R currently, has anyone here fitted up the cheaper aftermarket radiators? how do they compare to fluidyne's, for fitment, strength and overall quality,

there add all say the increase the fluid capacity around 50% and offer 30-40% better cooling around the same a stated by fluidyne

has anyone here fitted a fan to there pig? i'm looking at a ktm 690 unit as a mate has 1 spare any problems with wiring 1 in, does anything else need to be upgraded to run 1?

thanks
It seems most people with heating issues have found fans resolve the problem best. I've seen mixed opinions on the benefit, if any, of Fluidyne radiators. I know some people have used KTM fans on the XRR, and there are other, inexpensive fans that will work. If you do a search on fans in this thread, you'll find tons of info, including drawings for mount brackets. In the electrical thread, you'll find info on wiring them to come on/go off automatically.
Gildus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:33 AM   #12434
proz07
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchwitch650 View Post
G'day Piggy fans,

thanks
The ebay china radiators are in no way comparable to fluidyne and PWR's. your better off comparing them to stock and only because they are thicker for extra water capacity. I tried some on my supermoto XR and yes they work but the holes dont line up so they need some filing or dremel work to fit, the tubes are either clocked just off or too short, and they are bent and twisted right out of the box. you can hand bend them back so the material is not of a good quality. I have read of people with leakage issue right out of the box but i had no issues with that.

If you are on a budget to replace the stockers go for it knowing what they may need but otherwise if you feel the need for better go fluidyne or PWR. I will most likely sell the ones i have after some more testing for a PWR unit. But only because im doing a custom radiator setup. if i wasnt id run them till failure.

z
proz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:54 AM   #12435
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
I've had no problem with the China rads I bought on ebay. Rode my XR from central Texas to Guadalajara Mexico this week, 975 miles in two days. I don't remember which vendor I bought them from, there are several on ebay. I think they came with a one year warranty also. Been on the XR for 7 months now. No comparison to the quality of the stock radiators, heavy duty and more capacity, and a one year warranty at 1/2 the price.