ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 03:18 AM   #12466
XRx
Broken Filter
 
XRx's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Bruins Territory
Oddometer: 505
Ebay XRR deal ending soon

I'm not related to this sale at all, just forwarding it to the guys here. I wouldn't have if I was in CO! Looks to be a good condition plated XRR on ebay ending in 6 hours, currently 1500 clams Bike is in CO.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Xr-650...a98e7f&vxp=mtr
__________________
"Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt
'78 KE100 - '09 K1300S - '09 CRF450X Tagged- '00 XR650R Tagged - '80s XR600/XL600 Project - Giant Trance X3 - PC: SSD-4.2ghzOC - Old mildly stinky hockey gear
XRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #12467
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
My mates bike



Australia .....a long way b4 fuel stops

custom bashplate with tool box's either side ..custom rally exhaust ...custom Baja Designs Led Lightbar

its getting there ........
Hi Sean,any idea if those rally tanks were made production for the outside market too?wondering wats the pricetag would be?
__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #12468
Jungle Man
frenzied adventurer
 
Jungle Man's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Camas Washington
Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRx View Post
I'm not related to this sale at all, just forwarding it to the guys here. I wouldn't have if I was in CO! Looks to be a good condition plated XRR on ebay ending in 6 hours, currently 1500 clams Bike is in CO.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Xr-650...a98e7f&vxp=mtr

Dang! sold for $2000
__________________
50% of our maintenance is caused by 50% of our maintenance.
-Dave
Ride it like you stole it
"If you're too busy to hunt and fish, you're too busy"
Jase-Duck Dynasty
Jungle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #12469
XRx
Broken Filter
 
XRx's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Bruins Territory
Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Man View Post
Dang! sold for $2000
Oh man, someone got a steal, nice looking bike. Market around here is funny. When I bought mine last fall, they were mostly 2500-3k on craigslist for plated. Now the few that show up are asking 3-5k off-season . Though they seem to stick around at those prices. I'd grab one if there was one for 2k around here, even though I don't need one.

Oh, now I see no DSK, so some extra $ and effort to street it here, but still a good deal.
__________________
"Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt
'78 KE100 - '09 K1300S - '09 CRF450X Tagged- '00 XR650R Tagged - '80s XR600/XL600 Project - Giant Trance X3 - PC: SSD-4.2ghzOC - Old mildly stinky hockey gear
XRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #12470
smoothride
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: ont canada
Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
It fits with the Acerbis, the big tank is a 6.3 gallon. I didn't do anything special for mounting the fan.









TE630 is the only bike I can think of that compares and the XRR probably beats it because our clutch design is better, they win with the electric start though.
Where did you get the fan from.
smoothride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #12471
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck
 
dogsslober's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Morgan Hill Ca
Oddometer: 671
Heated grips

I have a xr650r with 2x100watt stator can I hook up heated grips to one of the legs?
dogsslober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #12472
pigpen
Gone Riding
 
pigpen's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 567
heated grips

Yes you can!
My heated grips and engine management is on one leg, the other is for lights and heated vest!
Just don't ask me how! I'm good w/ everything except electricity! I fumbled through the process and got it right somehow!
__________________
PIGPEN
Ride more, write less, work when !!!

Having fun is not a sport! It's a full time job for some of us!
pigpen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #12473
Gildus
Just Over That Hill
 
Gildus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Oregon Coast
Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsslober View Post
I have a xr650r with 2x100watt stator can I hook up heated grips to one of the legs?
Figure on about 36 watts for heated grips. You can run them on AC or DC, although most variable controllers will only work on DC. If you're running a radiator fan you can hook up the grips on that 100w circuit, since you likely won't be using both at the same time.
Gildus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #12474
digga1111
bann ed
 
digga1111's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: wynnum
Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
My mates bike



Australia .....a long way b4 fuel stops

custom bashplate with tool box's either side ..custom rally exhaust ...custom Baja Designs Led Lightbar

its getting there ........
thats a fully sic bike man
__________________
----------------------------------------------

iam just not ready to be an adult
digga1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:07 AM   #12475
Sean-0
Closed
 
Sean-0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Oztraya Mate
Oddometer: 3,946
yea but the owner is a real Tool
Sean-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #12476
Sean-0
Closed
 
Sean-0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Oztraya Mate
Oddometer: 3,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ.. View Post
Hi Sean,any idea if those rally tanks were made production for the outside market too?wondering wats the pricetag would be?
The price tag for the tanks im not sure on .. bout the same as a Australian safari tank in the US i would say ....You could email Safari and ask about availability ....thats the easy part .... mounting them and setting the bike up for the tanks is the hard part ... and i would say once done there is no turning back they have to run a low pipe ....the coolant bottle needs to be moved ...bashplate is a custom only fit ... the list goes on

You could pm Digga1111 and ask him all your questions as he's the owner ...and mate ill tell ya ... once you start him going on about his bike ... you'll never shut him up
Sean-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #12477
digga1111
bann ed
 
digga1111's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: wynnum
Oddometer: 3,171
it needs to be on the outside
__________________
----------------------------------------------

iam just not ready to be an adult
digga1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:09 AM   #12478
mazman808
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney
Oddometer: 100
why's it need to?
I dont see any reason why to and it would seem it would be more prone to getting hit/damaged etc, so just curious...
mazman808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:34 AM   #12479
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
The price tag for the tanks im not sure on .. bout the same as a Australian safari tank in the US i would say ....You could email Safari and ask about availability ....thats the easy part .... mounting them and setting the bike up for the tanks is the hard part ... and i would say once done there is no turning back they have to run a low pipe ....the coolant bottle needs to be moved ...bashplate is a custom only fit ... the list goes on

You could pm Digga1111 and ask him all your questions as he's the owner ...and mate ill tell ya ... once you start him going on about his bike ... you'll never shut him up


Hahaha.thanks.again sean.
__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 AM   #12480
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck
 
dogsslober's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Morgan Hill Ca
Oddometer: 671
brake line

They come on the inside from the factory on xr's and cr's
dogsslober is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014