K75STER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #13562
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by K75STER View Post
A quick Google for their website shows the Recluse EXP for 399.99
Well, although that's maybe not armor truck robbing price, it's still holding up a corner convenience store....

Something to think about for sure. I think this could indeed make me like the XRR's gearing a lot more for dual sporting.

I swore it was 699$ or something.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #13563
lstzephyr
Solo con rambo

Oddometer: 1,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
The CDT starts in 3 weeks!!!

I'll probably do a ride report once I get back, won't be on-going. I appreciate the comment though! Mexico is an amazing place. The people are truly great too. It's really too bad they get such a bad name. Rarely will you come across anybody in the States or Canada so inthrawled with your story, so willing to help, so genuinely nice. Belize was different, but the people were very nice still. Guatemala I found the people to be nice, but more reserved. They didn't really come up to talk, or offer help, etc. For the most part I think they are intimidated or scared. Many of the roads I was on were off the beaten path and I understand their traditions are at stake and they don't necessarily like others changing that, or showing it, etc. Either way, all wonderful countries!

Flights are booked for Independence day, but I was somehow thinking if only I can get that changed I could ride Baja for a few weeks, or Copper Canyon till my buddy comes down..... I just finished up my contract work and basically sitting around now trying to save money..

In the desert I found it's fine provided you don't have lots of sharp turns requiring you to downshift. Sadly, I like to ride at about 80% (it sometimes goes to 90!) so on the straights I speed up, on the corners I'm forced to slow down. Whenever that happens I have to shift. I'm know I'm whinning...
I'll keep an eye out for your next report!

Yep I agree. I loved the people of mexico and it is sad how they get a bad rap but I had a great experience with them. I loved copper canyon, sonora and baja. I can't wait until I can go back.

I think I have figured out the difference in our perception besides terrain. I like shifting as I turn and speed up. I think it is fun to rail into a corner, bang a downshift, slide the tail out and hammer out. I'm a supermoto guy so I guess I ride in the dirt the same and I like the big xr so much because of its tendency to be tail out. I guess the different riding styles or preferences explain the polarizing opinions I have read about everyone's point of view toward different transmissions and whatnot.

I thought the xrr required a different recluse than the exp. I thought it needed the z-start pro or some such. The cheaper one wasn't offered for the xrr if I remember right.

lstzephyr screwed with this post 06-14-2012 at 08:18 PM
lstzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #13564
Gildus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstzephyr View Post
I'll keep an eye out for your next report!

I thought the xrr required a different recluse than the exp. I thought it needed the z-start pro or some such. The cheaper one wasn't offered for the xrr if I remember right.
Maybe Pete95 can set us straight. I always thought it was the more expensive one for the XRR. It'd be nice though if it was more 7-11 than Brinks price Armor sucks.
Gildus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #13565
Erndog
dirt relocation service

Oddometer: 101
Hhhmmmm... Rekluse....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738966

Sadly, still saving up for the Clarke tank.... :(
Old 06-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #13566
hontri
Global Bummer!

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildus View Post
Maybe Pete95 can set us straight. I always thought it was the more expensive one for the XRR. It'd be nice though if it was more 7-11 than Brinks price Armor sucks.
I've had it in mine for 4 months.It is $379.00 from cyclebuy.com (free shipping in the USA)
It is the EXP 2 and it is magical. Easy install and easy setup.
hontri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #13567
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erndog View Post
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738966

Sadly, still saving up for the Clarke tank.... :(

Thanks guys for that!

I might have my Clarke for sale. 4.3, natural. If you can wait I think I even know people who go to Washington (tacoma area) every few months it seems.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #13568
Rustler
Happy Camper

Oddometer: 146
Selling my XRR in SoCal

Love this bike, but getting up there in years. This bike likes to go fast, but Father Time is slowing me down. See ad for pics and more details. Call or PM if interested.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...073176519.html
Rustler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:00 AM   #13569
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erndog View Post
Unfamiliar with these different auto-clutches - does the above clutch (EXP is says) still allow normal clutching?
And if so, then it only will 'disengage' at low revs - so basically, it will prevent stalling?
Last Q, can one adjust the fall-off/engage rev's/speed?

If all Yes then I can see an advantage having one.
I'm asking because I'm wary to buy something fully automatic, I'd like to stay in control, call me old fashioned. And no, I won't have a rear brake replacing my clutch lever either, at least not on the Pig, as I think it's not for tight technical riding.
Such would be something to consider for the CRF230F though - if it's available for this bike.
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:25 AM   #13570
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,201
iv broken Fritz

my swingarm is getting eaten by my chain

so of to the welders to fix my swingarm and new swingarm bearings now on the cards

im sick of looking at my poor Fritz all in bitz
Sean-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:44 AM   #13571
XRx
Broken Filter

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post

im sick of looking at my poor Fritz all in bitz
That sucks man. At least your rider didn't get broken in your crash.

Anyway best way to cheer up about it, get another bike to hold you over while you fix that one.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:57 AM   #13572
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRx View Post
That sucks man. At least your rider didn't get broken in your crash.

Anyway best way to cheer up about it, get another bike to hold you over while you fix that one.
so what you mean is i need 2 xrr's i dont ride other bikes

its all ok .. gunna see about getting my swing arm filled up and sorted
got most of my other parts here waiting just waiting on my swingarm bearings and my rad to be sent over

bike should maybe be back on the dirt in a month ... i hope

its sort of good tho .. as would not have found my swingarm problem b4 i head off on my desert trip in august

so while she's down ill sort her out with new consumables and be fresh for my big 2 weeks in the desert

just sucks watching my mates spot's going for rides and i cant go
Sean-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:38 AM   #13573
pjm204
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,844
Does anyone have any experience with internally lowered shocks? My rear shock was dropped several inches by the PO who was short. I'd like to bring it back up to stock height. I have a new uncut spring coming. I assume there is a spacer in there also to limit travel?
Past bikes: XT225, TTR125, '04 CRF50 '74 DT125,'70 TS250,'85 v45, '89 zx600c, '78 GS400x, '99 GS500E, '01 GS500E '05 Z750s, '77 GS400e, '82 GS1100ez, '97 GSX600, '07 VFR800, '03 KLR650, '03 FJR1300, '06 DL1000, '00 KLR650, '99 WR360, '08 DL650, '05 DR650, '08 EX650r, '96 CR500, '82 GS450T, '06 Ural
pjm204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #13574
XRx
Broken Filter

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm204 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with internally lowered shocks? My rear shock was dropped several inches by the PO who was short. I'd like to bring it back up to stock height. I have a new uncut spring coming. I assume there is a spacer in there also to limit travel?
I know there is an aftermarket suspension link out there to lower the rear suspension (google lowering link), but sounds like yours may be lowered more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
so what you mean is i need 2 xrr's i dont ride other bikes
I don't know about where you live, but around here, plated XRR's are rarely for sale. I was looking for a spare for a while. But then after not finding one I decided I would get something lower maintenance for my other bike. Nice loooong service intervals on the K bike, and no chain to take care of bonus it owns the highway, which I do alot of.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #13575
tijuana
Farkling Around

Oddometer: 203
replaced and still noisy

So, i went ahead and replaced the outer basket with the Hinson, center (inner) basket and new clutch bushing. It is all oiled and after a few 5 - 10 second starts just to get the oil moving around, I let it sit and when I cranked "Oprah" up this morning she started to get noisy again. So, now I am going to check the cam chain & tensioner....
Beechum should be loading up a video of it later.
tijuana is offline   Reply With Quote