Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #13561
hontri
Global Bummer!

Oddometer: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildus View Post
Maybe Pete95 can set us straight. I always thought it was the more expensive one for the XRR. It'd be nice though if it was more 7-11 than Brinks price Armor sucks.
I've had it in mine for 4 months.It is $379.00 from cyclebuy.com (free shipping in the USA)
It is the EXP 2 and it is magical. Easy install and easy setup.
hontri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #13562
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erndog View Post
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738966

Sadly, still saving up for the Clarke tank.... :(

Thanks guys for that!

I might have my Clarke for sale. 4.3, natural. If you can wait I think I even know people who go to Washington (tacoma area) every few months it seems.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #13563
Rustler
Happy Camper

Oddometer: 166
Selling my XRR in SoCal

Love this bike, but getting up there in years. This bike likes to go fast, but Father Time is slowing me down. See ad for pics and more details. Call or PM if interested.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...073176519.html
Rustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:00 AM   #13564
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erndog View Post
Unfamiliar with these different auto-clutches - does the above clutch (EXP is says) still allow normal clutching?
And if so, then it only will 'disengage' at low revs - so basically, it will prevent stalling?
Last Q, can one adjust the fall-off/engage rev's/speed?

If all Yes then I can see an advantage having one.
I'm asking because I'm wary to buy something fully automatic, I'd like to stay in control, call me old fashioned. And no, I won't have a rear brake replacing my clutch lever either, at least not on the Pig, as I think it's not for tight technical riding.
Such would be something to consider for the CRF230F though - if it's available for this bike.
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:25 AM   #13565
Sean-0
straya carnt

Oddometer: 4,465
iv broken Fritz

my swingarm is getting eaten by my chain

so of to the welders to fix my swingarm and new swingarm bearings now on the cards

im sick of looking at my poor Fritz all in bitz
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:44 AM   #13566
XRx
Broken Filter

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post

im sick of looking at my poor Fritz all in bitz
That sucks man. At least your rider didn't get broken in your crash.

Anyway best way to cheer up about it, get another bike to hold you over while you fix that one.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:57 AM   #13567
Sean-0
straya carnt

Oddometer: 4,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRx View Post
That sucks man. At least your rider didn't get broken in your crash.

Anyway best way to cheer up about it, get another bike to hold you over while you fix that one.
so what you mean is i need 2 xrr's i dont ride other bikes

its all ok .. gunna see about getting my swing arm filled up and sorted
got most of my other parts here waiting just waiting on my swingarm bearings and my rad to be sent over

bike should maybe be back on the dirt in a month ... i hope

its sort of good tho .. as would not have found my swingarm problem b4 i head off on my desert trip in august

so while she's down ill sort her out with new consumables and be fresh for my big 2 weeks in the desert

just sucks watching my mates spot's going for rides and i cant go
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:38 AM   #13568
pjm204
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Does anyone have any experience with internally lowered shocks? My rear shock was dropped several inches by the PO who was short. I'd like to bring it back up to stock height. I have a new uncut spring coming. I assume there is a spacer in there also to limit travel?
Past bikes: 2008 WR250R, XT225, TTR125, '04 CRF50 '74 DT125,'70 TS250,'85 v45, '89 zx600c, '78 GS400x, '99 GS500E, '01 GS500E '05 Z750s, '77 GS400e, '82 GS1100ez, '97 GSX600, '07 VFR800, '03 KLR650, '03 FJR1300, '06 DL1000, '00 KLR650, '99 WR360, '08 DL650, '05 DR650, '08 EX650r, '96 CR500, '82 GS450T, '06 Ural
pjm204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #13569
XRx
Broken Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm204 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with internally lowered shocks? My rear shock was dropped several inches by the PO who was short. I'd like to bring it back up to stock height. I have a new uncut spring coming. I assume there is a spacer in there also to limit travel?
I know there is an aftermarket suspension link out there to lower the rear suspension (google lowering link), but sounds like yours may be lowered more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
so what you mean is i need 2 xrr's i dont ride other bikes
I don't know about where you live, but around here, plated XRR's are rarely for sale. I was looking for a spare for a while. But then after not finding one I decided I would get something lower maintenance for my other bike. Nice loooong service intervals on the K bike, and no chain to take care of bonus it owns the highway, which I do alot of.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #13570
tijuana
Farkling Around

Oddometer: 205
replaced and still noisy

So, i went ahead and replaced the outer basket with the Hinson, center (inner) basket and new clutch bushing. It is all oiled and after a few 5 - 10 second starts just to get the oil moving around, I let it sit and when I cranked "Oprah" up this morning she started to get noisy again. So, now I am going to check the cam chain & tensioner....
Beechum should be loading up a video of it later.
tijuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #13571
beechum1
Grimace Soup

Oddometer: 8,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijuana View Post
So, i went ahead and replaced the outer basket with the Hinson, center (inner) basket and new clutch bushing. It is all oiled and after a few 5 - 10 second starts just to get the oil moving around, I let it sit and when I cranked "Oprah" up this morning she started to get noisy again. So, now I am going to check the cam chain & tensioner....
Beechum should be loading up a video of it later.
as you wish

beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #13572
dirtard
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
okay guys like a dumbass i took my bike apart for a cosmetic makover, new swingarm bearing, and a wiring revamp and i dont remember what wiring goes where. it had a baja designs ds kit. should i still be using the stock regulator, or just the regulator rectifier? i dont remember if the stocker was wired before the disassembly or not. also i have two wires a brown one and a green one that come out of the wiring harness right above the shock that i have no idea what they go to. any help fellas? pics maybe
dirtard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #13573
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRPsa View Post
Unfamiliar with these different auto-clutches - does the above clutch (EXP is says) still allow normal clutching?
And if so, then it only will 'disengage' at low revs - so basically, it will prevent stalling?
Last Q, can one adjust the fall-off/engage rev's/speed?
If all Yes then I can see an advantage having one.
I'm asking because I'm wary to buy something fully automatic, I'd like to stay in control, call me old fashioned. And no, I won't have a rear brake replacing my clutch lever either, at least not on the Pig, as I think it's not for tight technical riding.
Such would be something to consider for the CRF230F though - if it's available for this bike.
They just came out with the EXP clutch for the XRR, previously you had to buy the Z-Start. The EXP is much easier to install, although you loose a few clutch plates. I have one in my Christini and it seems to work fine. My XRR has the Z-Start, which is no longer available for the XRR and is slightly trickier to set up, but keeps all the clutch plates. The Z-Start is also externally adjustable for engagement rpm and speed, while the EXP requires going into the clutch to adjust.

The EXP allows the use of the clutch lever, in fact it requires it, although I have found a way to go without. The EXP also allows bump (compression) starting, which the Z-Start does not. I just safety wire my kickstarter lever on. With a powerful bike like the XRR or a CRF450, I see no reason to ever use the clutch lever. The Rekluse always slips the clutch the perfect amount and I can wheelie with a twist of my wrist in any gear on the CRF and at least the first 3 on the XRR with 15/44 gearing.

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #13574
XRx
Broken Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtard View Post
okay guys like a dumbass i took my bike apart for a cosmetic makover, new swingarm bearing, and a wiring revamp and i dont remember what wiring goes where. it had a baja designs ds kit. should i still be using the stock regulator, or just the regulator rectifier? i dont remember if the stocker was wired before the disassembly or not. also i have two wires a brown one and a green one that come out of the wiring harness right above the shock that i have no idea what they go to. any help fellas? pics maybe

Depends what you are running on your bike.

If just one headlight, probably don't use the stock regulator, just leave it disconnected then.

But another setup common with the BD DSK is to have two headlights, one through the AC regulator, the other headlight through the BD DC regulator/rectifier.

You can download wiring diagrams from bajadesigns.com or whatever their website is called. Google it and diagrams and they should come right up.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #13575
XRx
Broken Filter

Holy shit any of you guys try one of those Ducati Hypermotard 1100evo's? I just test rode one today while my K bike was in for the 6k mile service. What an awesome bike. I can't even explain, you gotta ride one for yourself. It reminds me of my XR but with everything twice as good and three times more refined. Maybe the coolest thing I ever rode, but tough to say it's more fun than the likes of ATC250R, K1300S, manual shift LS1 camaro convertible, all close, but damn that Ducati was a freaking blast to ride.

First sitting on the bike it feels like a scooter, all you see is dashboard and road. And the thing is sooooo light. I haven't looked up the specs, but it felt lighter than my XR, and it's an 1100!!! Then you start it, and the clutch is making an aweful racket, which is very cool when you know it's supposed to do that until it's in gear. Then the engine runs thumpy but super smooth, and doesn't vibrate you like the XR, but thumps something awesome.

Then you start the wheels rolling. I can't describe it. I want one Too bad it costs as much as my K bike and I can't afford two of them, and the K bike rules on the highway, which I ride alot. You know, if it's wasn't for my stupid state government charging 6.25% sales tax, I'd buy one then sell it once I hated being broke, but tax and title is a $750 bill at the registry, which you don't get back if you sell it, and I just paid that bill on the K. So I guess I just dream about it for now....

This pic doesn't do justice to how small and light this thing is, and it's an 1100!!! hmm 377lbs dry evidently, but it did not feel it. Kickass!!!