Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #14701
RalphyDo
Banned

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by b45her View Post
Lol yes I turned the petcock on.. Ok thanks will have a go tomorrow.

Was the bike running before you re-jetted it?
RalphyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #14702
b45her
MotoJunkie

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
Had a similar problem with a bike that had been sitting for 10 years (new bike with 56 miles). Removed the petcock and the thing was clogged with gas that'd turned to black tar heroin. Ended-up having to replace the petcock. Simply remove the fuel line from the carb and turn the petcock to On or Reserve and see what's coming out.

RZ Rob

Thanks for the tip, I checked that too and fuel came pissing out so ruled it out.. Only other thing I can think is that i put it in the ultrasonic cleaner at work so maybe it has blocked something, doubt it as the thing is supposed to clean carbs not block them..
b45her is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #14703
b45her
MotoJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphyDo View Post
Was the bike running before you re-jetted it?
Yes running as normal, I had it apart changing the rads so thought I would check the jetting as I havent had it long..

Old 09-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #14704
RalphyDo
Banned

Quote:
Yes running as normal, I had it apart changing the rads so thought I would check the jetting as I havent had it long..

How did those radiators fit for you? Are those the cheap chinese ones off ebay? I bought a set of those and they had to be modified to fit as the lower hose to the water pump was too short and didnt point the right direction.

You float has to be stuck then. That is the only other thing to stop the fuel flow
Old 09-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #14705
b45her
MotoJunkie

Quote:
How did those radiators fit for you? Are those the cheap chinese ones off ebay? I bought a set of those and they had to be modified to fit as the lower hose to the water pump was too short and didnt point the right direction.

You float has to be stuck then. That is the only other thing to stop the fuel flow
I will rip it off again tomorrow and have another look cheers for the help..

Yes they are the cheap Chinese ones from ebay, Winner Racing.. 79 delivered. They needed a little modding to fit but only 10 mins with a file and they were on. Hoses all line up and clear exhaust etc.. Havent tested them because I couldnt get her running

Old 09-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #14706
hontri
Global Bummer!

Oddometer: 301
[/QUOTE]

What brand header pipe is that? It looks huge. Thanks
hontri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #14707
RalphyDo
Banned

I had that same problem with mine. The mounting holes on mine where alittle closer than yours but still off. I had to add about 1/2" to the lower fitting and turn it about 15* towards the engine as it was hitting the exhaust.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #14708
b45her
MotoJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hontri View Post
What brand header pipe is that? It looks huge. Thanks[/QUOTE]

It's a full Akrapovic system, just fitted it hence the re-jet lol
Old 09-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #14709
b45her
MotoJunkie

Quote:
I had that same problem with mine. The mounting holes on mine where alittle closer than yours but still off. I had to add about 1/2" to the lower fitting and turn it about 15* towards the engine as it was hitting the exhaust.

I had some interferance but was able to loosen the headers and raise them away from the pipe.. How are they otherwise? Performance etc? Cant see them lasting like the stock rads but mine had a big hole in them..
Old 09-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #14710
b45her
MotoJunkie

Old 09-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #14711
RalphyDo
Banned

Quote:
I had some interferance but was able to loosen the headers and raise them away from the pipe.. How are they otherwise? Performance etc? Cant see them lasting like the stock rads but mine had a big hole in them..

I really havent ridden the bike much since insalling them but I did notice a pretty big differenceriding in traffic to and from work. I was running 220*+ with the old rads and hardly 150* after the new rads. BUT that is just backand forth to and from work in town. No off road use as of yet.

My lower fitting was too short. The stock water pump hose was just too short by about 1/2"
Old 09-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #14712
b45her
MotoJunkie

Quote:
My lower fitting was too short. The stock water pump hose was just too short by about 1/2"
It seems to be hit and miss if you get a quality fit with these.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #14713
RalphyDo
Banned

Quote:
It seems to be hit and miss if you get a quality fit with these.

For the price of them, that is expected I guess. I only paid around $120 shipped USD.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #14714
sintax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
I really havent ridden the bike much since insalling them but I did notice a pretty big differenceriding in traffic to and from work. I was running 220*+ with the old rads and hardly 150* after the new rads. BUT that is just backand forth to and from work in town. No off road use as of yet.

Thats a pretty serious drop there. They are not any bigger rads though right? Roughly the same volume? I could see the old ones had some bent fins, but I could not imagine that would result in such a drastic change in temps.

Was that reading taken after the rejet also?
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #14715
RalphyDo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sintax View Post
Thats a pretty serious drop there. They are not any bigger rads though right? Roughly the same volume? I could see the old ones had some bent fins, but I could not imagine that would result in such a drastic change in temps.

Was that reading taken after the rejet also?

The core of the new rads is alot bigger than the stock rads so the volume is alittle more but not alot, maybe a few ounzes. I jetted the bike down(leaner) by 8 sizes from a 168 to a 160 since I am not at 8000' instead of 100' or below sea level. It could have been a cool day also. I know that I can remember trying to get the bike to "heat up" to a normal temp and it wouldn't. I did a new thermostat at the same time. I converted mine to the Stant "mid-80's small GM car" 'stat. I used a 185*. Just remember, I havent actually ridden the bike muck, just a short 6 miles ride through Denver to get to work.