Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #14836
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwill View Post
That bike looks so out of place racing supermoto...which is what I did with mine this weekend

Nice pair of Hondas ;-)
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #14837
supernick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97

supernick screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 12:31 PM
supernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #14838
ZXRaziel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto666 View Post
Connecting rod.
+ 1 for this ^^^
Old 10-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #14839
juri.tabain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Anyone got an idea where to find a used RAD cush hub or similar? Can one order spare rubbers?

juri.tabain screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 03:38 PM Reason: Typo - edited "hun" to "hub" ^^
juri.tabain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #14840
crypto666
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuskyMoose View Post
Anyone got an idea where to find a used RAD cush hun or similar? Can one order spare rubbers?

I am not sure what you just said, but I am guessing you are talking about the radiator mount rubbers? You should be able to order those. IF not, should be easy to make as well.
crypto666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #14841
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 1,890
I think he's referring to RAD hubs, with the cush drive. Pretty sure you can get replacement rubber
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #14842
juri.tabain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyMountainRacing View Post
I think he's referring to RAD hubs, with the cush drive. Pretty sure you can get replacement rubber
Right...
"b" and "n" are too close... sorry.

Yep, was talking about those (got it edited now). There is no cheaper alternative - or is there?

Thanks!
juri.tabain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #14843
brapp-alot-puss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
ElectroSport Dakar Dual Sport kit tail light spec?

Just got off the phone with Kyle at ElectroSport after waiting for him to call me back from last week. He never called and they are amazingly hard to get in touch with! Anyway, my tail light bulb from the kit imploded within the lense and I need to replace it but have no idea what to get. He claims they never made kits even though I have all the instructions and directions with their name on it? Well here I am needing a damn bulb and have no idea what to get. Any suggestions? (yes, I already combed through the literature I have, to no avail) .
Old 10-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #14844
medisyn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Does there exist a mirror(s) that I can get on my XR that wont blow back at 75mph? I have a double take and its impossible to get it to stay. The lower mount ball is loose in the housing and moves. The RAM clamp is solid and does not move. Once I go fast, the mirror becomes only good at looking at my arm. I love the doubletake, if it would stay still!
medisyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #14845
slickwill
Exhiled

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by medisyn View Post
Does there exist a mirror(s) that I can get on my XR that wont blow back at 75mph?
http://m.motorcycle-superstore.com/I...mStyleId=15727
slickwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #14846
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer: 717
Moto-science

[QUOTE=medisyn;19783120]Does there exist a mirror(s) that I can get on my XR that wont blow back at 75mph?

A vendor / member here sales folding ones that stay put, fast shipping. Look in venders goes by hb7, moto-science
dogsslober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #14847
painkilla
MeTaL HeD

Oddometer: 120
check your locknut washer

my locknut washer for front sprocket ,ie the inside groves had worn resulting in huge amounts of lateral movement of the sprocket , this caused the chain to rub against the frame resulting in a snapped chain . bike had 15000 miles/20000km's
Old 10-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #14848
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkilla View Post
my locknut washer for front sprocket ,ie the inside groves had worn resulting in huge amounts of lateral movement of the sprocket , this caused the chain to rub against the frame resulting in a snapped chain . bike had 15000 miles/20000km's
Same issue here.

Not sure if it was rubbing on my frame though?

I partially blame it on the sprockets I was using. We'll leave them unnamed for the time being (I named them earlier in this thread).

New one is about 8-10$.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #14849
lstzephyr
Solo con rambo

Oddometer: 1,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchLEVERS View Post
I have a 2002. As I was attempting the utbdr, everything was going great. Day 4 a knocking sound started at idle and while I was riding. I continued to ride. The bike ended up bogging out and wouldn't go over 40mph. After towing it back home. Tore the bike apart. Thought it was the cam. Replaced the cam. Had work done on all 4 valves after getting a compression test. So the top end is in great shape now. Started it up and the knocking is still the same. What in the bottom end could it be? My buddy suggested the crank. I'm not the best with bikes. Any advice would help.
Take a close look at your cam chain, adjuster and sliders. There is a front and rear slider. My rear slider, cam chain and adjuster were trash and caused the same sound you are describing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brapp-alot-puss View Post
Just got off the phone with Kyle at ElectroSport after waiting for him to call me back from last week. He never called and they are amazingly hard to get in touch with! Anyway, my tail light bulb from the kit imploded within the lense and I need to replace it but have no idea what to get. He claims they never made kits even though I have all the instructions and directions with their name on it? Well here I am needing a damn bulb and have no idea what to get. Any suggestions? (yes, I already combed through the literature I have, to no avail) .
If you still have the stock fender and tail light cover. I would recommend one of these. http://xr650r.blogspot.com/2012/09/d...ht-insert.html

Mine has worked fine for almost 3 years and has been through a bit. It was getting dim so I checked it and the only thing wrong was that the entire taillight was full of dust from the desert and mexico. It is a good light.

lstzephyr screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 07:26 PM
lstzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #14850
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird

Oddometer: 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by brapp-alot-puss View Post
I thought Baja Designs bought out Electrosport's DS lighting parts. I think my taillight is an 1157 bulb..
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report
Trl Rdr is online now   Reply With Quote