Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #14851
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,301
ElectroSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by brapp-alot-puss View Post
Just got off the phone with Kyle at ElectroSport after waiting for him to call me back from last week. He never called and they are amazingly hard to get in touch with! Anyway, my tail light bulb from the kit imploded within the lense and I need to replace it but have no idea what to get. He claims they never made kits even though I have all the instructions and directions with their name on it? Well here I am needing a damn bulb and have no idea what to get. Any suggestions? (yes, I already combed through the literature I have, to no avail) .
I was just in there today. I work just down the street from there. Kyle's a good guy, but it's just Kyle and a couple other folks inside the place. Chances are the light was just something branded that they never really made. I would think the bulb itself could be analyzed and a replacement found. Post a pic of what's left or go look at ProCycle's website and see if you can ID it. How did it "implode"?

RZ Rob
RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #14852
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast

Oddometer: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by medisyn View Post
Does there exist a mirror(s) that I can get on my XR that wont blow back at 75mph? I have a double take and its impossible to get it to stay. The lower mount ball is loose in the housing and moves. The RAM clamp is solid and does not move. Once I go fast, the mirror becomes only good at looking at my arm. I love the doubletake, if it would stay still!
I noticed the rubber ball mounts on my Ram mount were crushed/distorted after I cranked it down enough to hold the hard plastic on the end of the Double Take mirror. Actually it still wasn't holding. As soon as I got going fast enough the wind would push them back. It seems like it's just that the end of the mirror segment is just very hard plastic that the ram system can't find enough friction to hold it. So I decided to try dipping those hard plastic ends in rubber

I did 3 dips (dip-dry, dip-dry, dip-dry), but I think just dipping it once will do the job. I set them up a tiny bit forward of where I wanted them. The wind pushed them back a bit. Now they're perfect. They stay put, but will still move when impacted.
Death Valley Ride
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #14853
brapp-alot-puss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
I was just in there today. I work just down the street from there. Kyle's a good guy, but it's just Kyle and a couple other folks inside the place. Chances are the light was just something branded that they never really made. I would think the bulb itself could be analyzed and a replacement found. Post a pic of what's left or go look at ProCycle's website and see if you can ID it. How did it "implode"?

RZ Rob
Just seemed a bit odd that I have all the paperwork leading in that direction yet he says they never made anything but stators and such. I am not really too sure how to figure it out the one I have now (Sylvania 7506) lights the lens and plate but I get no brake light actuation. I donr thinks he is stonewalling me or lying just not sure how to figure it out. To answer your question: my light wqasnt working at all so when my friend took the lens off it was the socket still plugged in and a bunch of glass dust that used to be the bulb. Found the bottom of the suspension a couple of times .
Old 10-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #14854
atravlr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Does there exist a mirror(s) that I can get on my XR that wont blow back at 75mph? I have a double take and its impossible to get it to stay. The lower mount ball is loose in the housing and moves. The RAM clamp is solid and does not move. Once I go fast, the mirror becomes only good at looking at my arm. I love the doubletake, if it would stay still!
I have these KTM mirrors on my XR, I purchased through http://motoscience.mybisi.com/produc...r-243-or-280mm
atravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #14855
medisyn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by atravlr View Post
I have these KTM mirrors on my XR, I purchased through http://motoscience.mybisi.com/produc...r-243-or-280mm
What size did you use 280mm? These dont buckle or move at 75mph do they?
medisyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #14856
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,518
These don't move at over 100 and work well, you look under your arm. They are available here:

http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Equi...le_mirror2.htm

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #14857
medisyn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
These don't move at over 100 and work well, you look under your arm. They are available here:

http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Equi...le_mirror2.htm

I was looking at those, seems strange. I am worried I am too wide for those and I will just be looking at my body.
medisyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #14858
atravlr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
What size did you use 280mm? These dont buckle or move at 75mph do they?
I use the large 280. I tried the inside mirrors but I am too wide. I tried under the bars but my large tank gets in the way
atravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #14859
RalphyDo
Banned

Oddometer: 308
I beg of you, is there someone who can test a handful of CDI unit for me?!?! I still get no spark from my bike after changing out everything. I am not 100% sure that any of the CDIs are even good. I am chasing a ghost!! If I can eliminate the CDIs as being the problem then I can move onto other things. I will pay shipping both ways and give you some $$ or something for your time.

What is the likelihood of the flywheel magnets going bad?! Sounds pretty much impossible to me. The FW on my bike has been lightened but I say it is not the FW. The reason I ask is that is the ONLY component I have not changed yet. I do have a spare stock FW, maybe I will try it just because. Thanks again guys.
RalphyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #14860
lstzephyr
Solo con rambo

Oddometer: 1,777
I'm not sure of how to test a cdi but if you send them to me I will swap them onto my bike and see if it still runs. Best option I can come up with, maybe someone else can do more but if you need to just send me a pm and I'll try them.
lstzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #14861
RalphyDo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstzephyr View Post
I'm not sure of how to test a cdi but if you send them to me I will swap them onto my bike and see if it still runs. Best option I can come up with, maybe someone else can do more but if you need to just send me a pm and I'll try them.

Yeah, this is what I had in mind. The only sure-fire way to test it is on a bike that is know running. Swap the cdi and if it fire up then it is not the cdi. I'll pm ya! Thanks
Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #14862
lstzephyr
Solo con rambo

Oddometer: 1,777
Yeah I can do that without a problem. I even just converted my seat to a dzus on setup so I would get to play with my new tool less electrical changes.
lstzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #14863
RalphyDo
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I can do that without a problem. I even just converted my seat to a dzus on setup so I would get to play with my new tool less electrical changes.

I have thought about doing that too. Any pics of the setup?
Old 10-13-2012, 04:11 AM   #14864
digga1111
bann ed

Oddometer: 3,312
has anyone had any experience with fitting oversize valves to their xr?
... the XR is the greatest off road motorcycle ever constructed. There's nothing it can't do, hasn't won or will not outperform.
digga1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #14865
galland1
n00b

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphyDo View Post
I have thought about doing that too. Any pics of the setup?
Would
like to see this too.:)

Quote:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
galland1 is online now   Reply With Quote