User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
Trail Boss OP
World's fastest slowrider

Oddometer: 689
2009 Texas Adventure Ride - April 2 - 5, 2009

The 3rd annual Texas Adventure Ride is being held April 2 - 5, 2009 in Junction, TX (the Texas Hill Country). The Texas Hill Country contains some of the finest paved and dual sport roads in all of Texas. This organized rally offers the dual sport adventure community an annual opportunity to explore those great roads.

Registration is now open. You can download the registration form here.

The cost of early registration is $50. All riders who early register will receive a 52 page, spiral bound, 2009 Ride Guide, a 2009 TAR commemorative t-shirt, and entry into the Saturday night banquet. Ride guides will be mailed to registered riders. T-shirts and banquet tickets will be given out at the event. (Note that the banquet is now included with early registration.)

Early registration ends March 19, 2009 so I have sufficient time to mail the ride guide to you and for you to receive it before the event.

On-site registration is $25 and will be done on Thursday evening, the first day of the event, and includes the banquet only. T-shirts and ride guides may be purchased separately, depending on availability. I will bring a few extra t-shirts and ride guides but make no guarantee that if you wait to register on-site that you will receive one.

TAR is the largest ds rally in Texas. Over 200 riders from all over the southern US (TX, LA, OK, AR, FL, GA, NM, KS, etc) attended last year, so make your reservations early.

More information about TAR can be found here.

"Nice bike. Have you taken her to Mexico? All bikes want their owners to take them there" - tricepilot

Texas Adventure

Trail Boss screwed with this post 11-30-2008 at 07:08 PM
Trail Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
BlueBuell
Banned

Oddometer: 421
Sounds like a great event.
BlueBuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
SGTBOAT
Resident Redneck

Oddometer: 26
Cool2 Righteous

Dude, Let me talk the wife into it and Im there. Lived in killeen and the hill country is a great ride. Varieties of scenery and trail types abound.
SGTBOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #4
Oldtimer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
I had a great time last year but this year I'm taking off in March in the Motorhome pulling the Ural Gear-Up and the XT 250 I had at Junction last year and touring the North West until late August. I'm starting on in Moab and going from there.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
j911brick
Squidinator

Oddometer: 513
Where does the ride go and what to do?

R1200GSA; Honda Hawk GT; Honda NSR250 SP Rothmans; Honda RS250 GP; Honda CRF250X; Honda 300 Dream.
http://www.bikepics.com/members/j911brick/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3CPzKpZYSU

Porsche (several)
http://members.rennlist.com/j911brick/rennlist3_002.htm
j911brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
Trail Boss OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by j911brick
Where does the ride go and what to do?
The Texas Hill Country contains some of the finest paved and dual sport roads in all of Texas. TAR (Texas Adventure Ride) is an organized, 3 day, dual sport adventure rally occurring each April in Junction, TX offering the dual sport adventure community an annual opportunity to explore those great roads. All riders are invited to attend.

The basic itinerary is for riders to meet up Thursday evening in Junction, TX. Organize into small groups and ride all day Friday and Saturday, returning each afternoon/evening to Junction. Go home on Sunday. To assist with route planning, all registered riders receive a 52 page ride guide that contains 15 different recommended routes.

"Nice bike. Have you taken her to Mexico? All bikes want their owners to take them there" - tricepilot

Texas Adventure
Old 02-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #7
j911brick
Squidinator

Thanks Richard. I looked at the web site but your reply added the elements I was looking for.

R1200GSA; Honda Hawk GT; Honda NSR250 SP Rothmans; Honda RS250 GP; Honda CRF250X; Honda 300 Dream.

Porsche (several)
Old 02-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
Trail Boss OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by j911brick
Thanks Richard. I looked at the web site but your reply added the elements I was looking for.
You're welcome. Hope you can make it to Junction. I'm certainly biased, but I think TAR is a really fun event. I know I always enjoy it.

Texas Adventure
Old 02-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #9
j911brick
Squidinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_
You're welcome. Hope you can make it to Junction. I'm certainly biased, but I think TAR is a really fun event. I know I always enjoy it.
I might very well try to make it. I hope my GSA will be suitable for this type of thing. But I'm new to this and I don't have my gear yet nor is my bike set up the way I want it. But I do need to get my feet wet and this looks like a good opportunity.

Porsche (several)
Old 02-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
Trail Boss OP

A GSA will be fine on all but one of the 15 routes.

Texas Adventure
Old 02-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #11
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 25,130
Being a for-profit event, this should be posted in the Vendors Forum.
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
Trail Boss OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider
Being a for-profit event, this should be posted in the Vendors Forum.
Really? I was going by this rule for this forum "If you make your living by hosting these events, please place it in the Vendor forum.". I do not even come close to making a living from hosting events, nor am I trying to. But if the mods think it should be moved, by all means please do so.

Texas Adventure
Old 02-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #13
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 25,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_
Really? I was going by this rule for this forum "If you make your living by hosting these events, please place it in the Vendor forum.". I do not even come close to making a living from hosting events, nor am I trying to. But if the mods think it should be moved, by all means please do so.
Yes, really, Richard...

Here's a secret, but please keep as such:
If somebody other than the person actually making the bucks off of the event had posted the info, and the person making those bucks didn't spam the thread that was started by that somebody too badly, that thread would probably ride free.

Kinda like somebody posting about the coolness of the Boeing Dreamliner, and then the CEO of Boeing who is trading under the table with his stock options to become a kazillionaire, can post in that thread, but the CEO should never start the thread.

Or like 'Ol Coot, the guy running Coot's Rock Shop near Bandera who wants to sell his quartz, uranium, and other stuff he's found...and traded for on eBay. He gets a neighbor, student, or paid hacker outta Austin to make the first post. Then he goes in with the pick...so to speak.

I have more examples, if wanted...
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #14
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,552
Yeah, Richard, as much as I would love to read some more of Lone Rider speak, I'd have say he's right although it would be better for him to notify someone who makes those decisions before posting it in public, but that's the way he works. So off this goes to vendors.

I realize that you can't make an income from doing this kind of thing once in awhile, but others who make far less than it takes to live, but collect $$ for stuff they make or organize have to do it, too.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:26 AM   #15
Moncho11
White bikes rock!

Oddometer: 84
Sounds like a great Weekend!

This is probably one that needs to be checked out! I also have the same concearn as J911brick; How suitable are big GS's and how agressive do tires need to be?? is it mostly fire roads or does it get into deep single track??

Moncho11 screwed with this post 02-26-2009 at 07:43 AM
Moncho11 is offline   Reply With Quote