ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
Niedz OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 614
anyone in chester county, pennsylvania?

did a search, nothing really specific to chester county came up. just moved here in december from bucks county, looking for some local like minded riders!

dan
Niedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
Niedz OP
Studly Adventurer

just me then, eh?
Old 02-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
Sno Dawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
not too far from you

hey Dan
I am from the Manayunk/Germantown area
great riding in the Pine Barrens -
check out the PB300 or maybe you know about that one already

Sno Dawg
07 BMW XChallenge
74 FJ40 Landcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedz View Post
did a search, nothing really specific to chester county came up. just moved here in december from bucks county, looking for some local like minded riders!

dan
Sno Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
gpracer171
Kodak Courage

Oddometer: 361
Also new to the area

Niedz,

I am in Chester Springs. I am also new and looking for riding buddies. Where are you in Chester county now?

Sno dawg,

I have heard about you. I have met and ridden with rudyunknown and he mentioned you. Hope to meet you soon, if not, I have sent me paperwork in on the Pine Barrons 300 and will see you there.
2013 Husqvarna Nuda
If you are not moving forward, you are falling behind...
gpracer171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
Bikehigh
Not Dead Yet

Oddometer: 4,062
I'm in Strafford, just at the intersection of Delaware, Chester and Montgomery counties. Welcome to the area! I'm pretty new to riding motorcycles, and just as new to the forums. I hope to catch up with you and the other locals as the year goes forward.
Bikehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #6
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,413
Yeah man, another one here not too far from Chester County. Would be nice to ride with some local guys. Chester County has some great roads!
sloburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
Hack

Oddometer: 3,829
Don't trust this guy, Sloburban,nothing but trouble. How bout you guy's pick out all your favorite roads, make a route out of em, then invite us Delaware guys up to ride with ya. Seriously, we have been trying to get Slo to take us on a Southeast Pa. tour. He took us on a nice lil tour one day, but it would be cool to meet some more rider's and of course ride more new roads. Let us know, check in on the Delaware Chatter thread. Chris
Old 02-22-2011, 06:05 AM   #8
Sno Dawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
Hey Mike,
I have ridden with Rudy a couple of times and most recently in the Meteor. It was a great ride and we had a super group of guys. Rudy keeps getting smaller and smaller bikes and he keeps getting faster and faster. Last i saw he was on a nice Husky that he was whipping on pretty good and then going to sell.

I don't think I can do the PB300 this spring - I work as a canoe guide in the summer in northern Canada and we have 3 long expeditions planned. I can't afford to get banged up so I told the wife i would really take a step back on the rallys until we return. Last spring I was riding out in the California desert for for a few months and took a couple of high speed falls - I am still a bit sore from trying to be a hero.

When the weather breaks, let's try to get a ride together - street or ligt offroad. I am game ad it looks like you have a nice mix of bikes.

Teeth to the wind,
Sno Dawg
Jeff

07 BMW XChallenge
74 FJ4 Landcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpracer171 View Post
Niedz,

I am in Chester Springs. I am also new and looking for riding buddies. Where are you in Chester county now?

Sno dawg,

I have heard about you. I have met and ridden with rudyunknown and he mentioned you. Hope to meet you soon, if not, I have sent me paperwork in on the Pine Barrons 300 and will see you there.
Sno Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #9
Niedz OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpracer171 View Post
Niedz,

Sno dawg,

im very close to chester springs, right off of 401.
found so far 1 dirt road, south chester springs road!
know of any others?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
gpracer171
Kodak Courage

Oddometer: 361
no luck here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedz View Post
im very close to chester springs, right off of 401.
found so far 1 dirt road, south chester springs road!
know of any others?
I am in the same boat, so no help. I have been out all the way to Lancaster,pa and have not found a dirt road longer that 1/4 to 1/2 mile. I am dying a slow adventure ride death. To the point I am looking to convert the WR450 to a supermoto or buy an additional supermoto bike to have a fun local twisty killer.

Let me know if any of the group would want to meet up some time for a beer and get to know some like mind local guys. I am up for it anytime if I am in town.

The other item out East I have to get used to is that you ride at an event. I have never really been big on the events. Not that I do not like them, but I have to schedule and plan to be able to ride. Also, I am now out riding at the area's busiest time with all of the others. Anyway, that is just how it is here. Looking forward to getting a new network of local guys to ride and hang out with.
2013 Husqvarna Nuda
If you are not moving forward, you are falling behind...
gpracer171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #11
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 937
I'm in Wayne (Chester county starts when I cross the street) and fairly new to dual sporting as well. I have been meaning to explore along the Schuykill as it looks like there might be some power lines and other trails along the railroad that can be connected with streets. I have no idea what is legal to ride on, but if you look closely enough at google earth, it looks like there are some possibilities. There are the Pine Barren about 60 miles away in Jersey, the Reading Anthracite land up in Pottsville, and a bunch of gravel roads west of here, although I have yet to get out on them. Let me know when you are all looking to get a ride together. I probably can't make it out too much this spring, but I am hoping to make it out a bunch this summer. I am on a KLR 650, so I am probably better suited to going places that are 450lb-bike friendly.
Gundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #12
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackhawk View Post
Don't trust this guy, Sloburban,nothing but trouble. How bout you guy's pick out all your favorite roads, make a route out of em, then invite us Delaware guys up to ride with ya. Seriously, we have been trying to get Slo to take us on a Southeast Pa. tour. He took us on a nice lil tour one day, but it would be cool to meet some more rider's and of course ride more new roads. Let us know, check in on the Delaware Chatter thread. Chris
Hey don't ruin my impeccable reputation with the people up north!
sloburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #13
Bikehigh
Not Dead Yet

Oddometer: 4,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy View Post
I have been meaning to explore along the Schuykill as it looks like there might be some power lines and other trails along the railroad that can be connected with streets. I have no idea what is legal to ride on, but if you look closely enough at google earth, it looks like there are some possibilities.
It's all illegal. I ride mountain bikes, and the only way you can ride that stuff, even on a bike that doesn't make noise, is to poach it. Even going up to ride in the area around Jim Thorpe, many of the trails have been shut down to bikes of any kind. Poaching is just a way of life in the state gamelands. For instance, there are trails on either side of Lentz Trail, which runs out of Jim Thorpe up to Summit Hill, and I regularly encounter bikes and quads on some of the trails, particularly up on the ridges. The locals poach trails as a matter of course. The ridge above the switchback trail is particularly well poached. If you're gonna ride, you're gonna have to learn which trails are poachable and which ones aren't. The stuff along the river in Valley Forge is in no way cool to poach on a motorcycle, and if what your'e looking at on the maps is the Schuylkill River MP Trail, which runs from Philly out to Phoenixville, that's for sure a bad idea.
Bikehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #14
Niedz OP
Studly Adventurer

hey its nice to see a bunch of you came out of the woodwork.

we should certainly try to get something going as the season progresses!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #15
rudyunknown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 716
i am sure there are local riding clubs where u can find out where to ride.....i have ridden some local powerlines close to home (phoenixville)...not exactly home but somewhere close by....i also caught up with a local guuy on a dirt bike and he told me that he grew up here nd he can rides hours arnd...i am not sure exactly where.....but there is some power lines that u can hit....but other than that its all explorable....

i am sure me n gpracer are going to explore more on the google earth to see whats on for offer....but i agree we should completely meet up.....

Thanks Snowdog (aka Jeff).....me n gpracer went for brunch in manyunk...it was last min so couldnt call u up....but will see u arnd campfires (we can build one at the hotel ramada :))
Vstrom 1000 For everything else

rudyunknown is offline   Reply With Quote