ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #301
RedPower
Beastly Adventurer
 
RedPower's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: On a Trailer near you
Oddometer: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbob
Excellent choice of locations Haystack... I got the tag this morning before work. The tag i know is not duplicated perfectly, a fierce looking skunk and its cubs had dibs on the exact spot...
Shame on you doc, find you've been bruced and gonna plant another clone, a little branding ought to fix that...

The little rat seems to be adjusting nicely to its new surrounding. Although i don't yet fully trust it. So for the time being, i'll be keeping it on a short leash for its own good...


Everyone can stand down for tonight, new tag tomorrow after work...


Way to go STBob
So what time is work over
Doc is there still #III up there??
RedPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #302
haystack
Just ride
 
haystack's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey Highlands
Oddometer: 3,591
Nice!

Good job Bob. You need to follow the power lines to get to the tower. Your new tires should get you past the steep part. I rode up there, but it was too dark for the picture.

So Bob, where to?
haystack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #303
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly
 
docgonzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
Oddometer: 12,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbob
Shame on you doc, find you've been bruced and gonna plant another clone....
Nice job on the "get", Rob!

But what makes you so sure I wasn't there BEFORE you this morning and just left you the duck?

And Vince, no, only number II was left at the Tag. Number III is safely at home, waiting to come to the rescue when needed.

By the way, Rob, great shot of the hostage! Remember that II is a female. Don't even think about doing anything ungentlemanly with the duck!

Now, guys, have fun over the weekend while I'm in Las Vegas!
__________________
later, *
docgonzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:28 AM   #304
haystack
Just ride
 
haystack's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey Highlands
Oddometer: 3,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo
Nice job on the "get", Rob!



Now, guys, have fun over the weekend while I'm in Las Vegas!
Hey Doc,
Las Vegas, Endurocross this weekend!
http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/of...ocross-preview
And these guys have a ticket for you!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526572

haystack screwed with this post 11-20-2009 at 05:46 AM
haystack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:16 AM   #305
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by haystack

I brought a helper to find the Duc. I guess the night ride wasn't challenging enough so I figured I needed to try the trail 2 up.

The access was definately not big bike friendly, and someone cut down some trees across the trail.
If that's where I think it is I am very surprised you went there alone and with a young lady.
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:18 AM   #306
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly
 
docgonzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
Oddometer: 12,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by haystack
Hey Doc,
Las Vegas, Endurocross this weekend!
Thanks. Yeah, I'm entered in the fossil fuels old timer's event!

Might just go and see it, if tickets are available.
__________________
later, *
docgonzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #307
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbob
Saturdays are good... Today i wanted picture of the old tag you & Adam did. I think i took the wrong trail. A little ways past the stone structure, i ran into a mud bog, the first one i was able to get around it, not the second one, and i didn't feel like getting stuck going through it, so i turned around...
Better be careful with some of those mudholes, some are pretty deep:
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:55 AM   #308
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)
 
> 1 BAD HABIT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Clifton, NJ
Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn
Better be careful with some of those mudholes, some are pretty deep:
hey, I know this spot... (i think :) You should stay as far right as possible or you're in for a deep surprise
I took my RR LWB there few times - lucky for me I didn't get stuck.
Anyway, did you manage to get yourself out of it on your own?

Haystack, you didn't go to the tag tower with your princess, did you?
> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #309
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by > 1 BAD HABIT
hey, I know this spot... (i think :) You should stay as far right as possible or you're in for a deep surprise
I took my RR LWB there few times - lucky for me I didn't get stuck.
Anyway, did you manage to get yourself out of it on your own?

Haystack, you didn't go to the tag tower with your princess, did you?
The go around was pretty bad the last time I went.

My buddies pulled me out. I'd like to try the same hole with my Simex tires and see how far I get.

TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:24 AM   #310
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)
 
> 1 BAD HABIT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Clifton, NJ
Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn
The go around was pretty bad the last time I went.
My buddies pulled me out. I'd like to try the same hole with my Simex tires and see how far I get.
Dammit, I'm getting jealous just by looking at your pictures!
I think maybe it's time for me to look at the cost to see if it's worth getting my '93 RR back on it's feet..
(the engine runs great, but last time I got my self in trouble the reverse was slipping. I was driving it anyway (forward only ) until the rear deferential exploded... My fault - I did my own service, drain the oil and replaced it with recommended grease, but run short and forgot to order some more.. and than it was too late )
what year is yours (if you don't mine me asking)?
> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #311
haystack
Just ride
 
haystack's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey Highlands
Oddometer: 3,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by > 1 BAD HABIT

Haystack, you didn't go to the tag tower with your princess, did you?
No, Haystackdaughter went to Brooklyn Mountain with me, but I left her home when I went up Stag Hill. Although, she is a good passenger!
__________________
.
.
Indeed, This is a gentleman's game....
Quote:
German W.O.D. Certified
2014 Winner of the Biggest Potato in Jersey
haystack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:40 AM   #312
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by > 1 BAD HABIT
Dammit, I'm getting jealous just by looking at your pictures!
I think maybe it's time for me to look at the cost to see if it's worth getting my '93 RR back on it's feet..
(the engine runs great, but last time I got my self in trouble the reverse was slipping. I was driving it anyway (forward only ) until the rear deferential exploded... My fault - I did my own service, drain the oil and replaced it with recommended grease, but run short and forgot to order some more.. and than it was too late )
what year is yours (if you don't mine me asking)?
That was my 1988 Rangie, I really miss it. I have a 95 DI and a 96 DI. Here is my 95 Disco:


I've blown out 3 or 4 diffs.

You want to sell your Rangie???
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:41 AM   #313
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by haystack
No, Haystackdaughter went to Brooklyn Mountain with me, but I left her home when I went up Stag Hill. Although, she is a good passenger!
Oh good!! Don't take her up Stagg Hill, you don't want them Jackson Whites messing with her ...
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #314
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)
 
> 1 BAD HABIT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Clifton, NJ
Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by haystack
No, Haystackdaughter went to Brooklyn Mountain with me, but I left her home when I went up Stag Hill. Although, she is a good passenger!
Based on some comments, here on the forum, I have no doubt that you’re good rider, but that trail to the tower was too risky with a passenger if you ask me, or even solo.. with the steep uphill and loose rocks and all, right guys? (you know who you are )
> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:44 AM   #315
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by > 1 BAD HABIT
Based on some comments, here on the forum, I have no doubt that you’re good rider, but that trail to the tower was too risky with a passenger if you ask me, or even solo.. with the steep uphill and loose rocks and all, right guys? (you know who you are )


Is this the one?
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014