ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #316
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)
 
> 1 BAD HABIT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Clifton, NJ
Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn
....
You want to sell your Rangie???
Maybe... Let me find our how much it would cost to get it fixed first
do you work on your trucks yourself? I think I can replace the tailgate myself, but how difficult it's going to be to swap the rear differentail?
> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #317
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)
 
> 1 BAD HABIT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Clifton, NJ
Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn
Is this the one?
right tower, wrong way.. i don't think you can get there if you follow the power line, can you?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=8017
> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #318
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by > 1 BAD HABIT
Maybe... Let me find our how much it would cost to get it fixed first
do you work on your trucks yourself? I think I can replace the tailgate myself, but how difficult it's going to be to swap the rear differentail?
Yep, I do all the work myself. Diff isn't too difficult, takes about 20 mins with the right tools. I have the propshaft socket which also works on the bolts around the diff. Just lift the truck, remove tires (if you have stock rims), slide out axles a few inches, remove driveshaft, drain fluid, remove all bolts from pumpkin, slide out diff. You have the 10 spline diff on your 93, right? I have a 10-spline and a 24 spline diff at home.

I gave away a good tailgate to some douche bag. I have some parts leftover from a 91 Rangie if you need them.
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #319
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by > 1 BAD HABIT
right tower, wrong way.. i don't think you can get there if you follow the power line, can you?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=8017
Thats the entrance off of Stagg Hill. I see you found the abandoned shak.. did you come across the burial ground?

Everytime we went up there on a club trail run the locals would give us the ADV salute ..... and threw rocks at us. Very friendly people.

Ok, I read your directions. From the truck stop you take Stagg Hill Rd and make a left (about 1 mile up the road), that's where I took that pic.
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #320
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly
 
docgonzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
Oddometer: 12,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn
Yep, I do all the work myself. Diff isn't too difficult, takes about 20 mins with the right tools. I have the propshaft socket which also works on the bolts around the diff....blah blah blah...
Hey, John, you did notice this was a motocycle thread, right?
__________________
later, *
docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #321
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo
Hey, John, you did notice this was a motocycle thread, right?
Sorry folks, got carried away there. I'll take it off-line.... back to the tag
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #322
Looksgoodinblack
LooksbetteronOrange
 
Looksgoodinblack's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Putnam, NY
Oddometer: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn
Sorry folks, got carried away there. I'll take it off-line.... back to the tag
Cool stuff though... Definetely adventureous. Also I would realy like to see Bad Habbits Rangie back on the road/dirt. It was a said view seeing it sitting on the parking lot
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_O
I called in with temporary blindness once. I just couldn't see my ass going to work.
'04 DL 650, '03 450 EXC - Plated, '07 X-Challenge

"What has been seen cannot be unseen"
Looksgoodinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #323
algunn
XRinNJ
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Montville, NJ
Oddometer: 54
N 4227.061 W7421.167????? - good luck with that one.
algunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #324
RedPower
Beastly Adventurer
 
RedPower's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: On a Trailer near you
Oddometer: 2,911
stbobThe money shot, the angle of the dangle is not as important as including all three elements in your photo, duck, bike, & structure. If duck is not present, you've been bruced and/or the duck has met with fowl play...

N 4227.063 W7421.182
NICE STBob Just inside the 160 miles....154 to be exact
And some of us have been there before
RedPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #325
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly
 
docgonzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
Oddometer: 12,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPower
NICE STBob Just inside the 160 miles....154 to be exact And some of us have been there before


Truely diabolical! You are something else, StBob! That duck is going to be snowed in for the winter!

I would go get it, but I'm in Las Vegas! That's a good excuse, isn't it?

Actually, I was sure you were going to drop it on Long Island. I was gonna drop it in Valley Stream State Park if I got it again. Old stomping grounds.

And, we have Connecticut and Massachusetts in the game!
__________________
later, *
docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #326
RedPower
Beastly Adventurer
 
RedPower's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: On a Trailer near you
Oddometer: 2,911
stbobQuote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo


Truely diabolical! You are something else, StBob! That duck is going to be snowed in for the winter!

I would go get it, but I'm in Las Vegas! That's a good excuse, isn't it?

Actually, I was sure you were going to drop it on Long Island. I was gonna drop it in Valley Stream State Park if I got it again. Old stomping grounds.

And, we have Connecticut and Massachusetts in the game!



Not trying to be diabolical, just having fun...
I had my sights set on MA but changed my mind at last minute, maybe next time. Hopefully someone rescues the duck before the snow falls...


I'm thinking maybe a little EGG from Philly might join the duck....if all the stars lign up

Ohh then the possibilities
RedPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #327
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly
 
docgonzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
Oddometer: 12,886
__________________
later, *
docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #328
71olds
Motorholic
 
71olds's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Morris Plains NJ
Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo
Hey doc is that the new Endurocross?
If is was it good? Hope it comes here
__________________
09 Night Train
08 Kawasaki ZX14
08 Husqvarna TE510
00 Suzuki DRZ400S
71olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:53 AM   #329
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly
 
docgonzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
Oddometer: 12,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71olds
Hey doc is that the new Endurocross?
If is was it good? Hope it comes here
Yeah, it was, and it was very cool. I'll try and upload a better picture later this morning. Just got back last night.
__________________
later, *
docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:18 AM   #330
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars
 
O.C.F.RIDER's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Hewitt,New Jerseystan, OBAMANATION
Oddometer: 4,860
HEY SHITHEAD.......................................... .....



THIS A TAG GAME THREAD!

Take your Endurocross bullshit elsewhere!



Have a nice day!
Chris
__________________
http://www.theshining.info/
KTM 950 Adv. "S"...'06 KTM 525 EXC...
'76 MV Agusta 750 America S...'84 Honda VF1000...
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014