ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #391
usp45
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
I believe I'll just sit back and drink a few beers,
someone else can have it
Old 12-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #392
usp45
Studly Adventurer

hey Doc

going backwards and reading your posts, and past tantrums with 1bad habit, make me scratch my head and laugh at the same time. Your game your rules. Im refering to posts 85 and 86. You know, when you couldnt properly find a tag and reproduce a photo.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #393
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by usp45
going backwards and reading your posts, and past tantrums with 1bad habit, make me scratch my head and laugh at the same time. Your game your rules. Im refering to posts 85 and 86. You know, when you couldnt properly find a tag and reproduce a photo.
thats the way it is. when you are the king you make the rules. we all know doc started this thread because he couldnt round up enough support trying to change the rules in th NJ tag threads.
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #394
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 12,892
Quote:
Your game your rules....
Exactly! I'm just trying to make it fun, but keep it moving. And I had to adjust the rules to eliminate the occasional tagger who just wanted to jerk people around.

So, we added the mascot. You get the mascot, then your photo doesn't have to be perfect. And you don't have to rush to post. You don't get the mascot? Then you better have a good photo of the proper place, and a good excuse for not finding the duck.

Don't like the rules the way they are? Play another game. Easy. But I'd rather you go back in the light of day and get the duckies, so you can place them in a cool location, and keep the game moving.

Warning. I may just go back and get the mascots tomorrow and retire the game for the winter, since everyone is so grumpy and crabby about the simple, fun rules.

Or, maybe I'll take it down to Great Adventure so the duck can play with some giraffes?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #395
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly

Quote:
going backwards and reading your posts, and past tantrums with 1bad habit...
Not to belabor the point, but Adam took over a month to post a new tag. He gave GPS coordinates that I followed exactly. He didn't accept the photo, even though I was 50 yards from the bridge in question. I went back a second time, again following his directions, and got a decent photo of the exact bridge he was tagging. He didn't like that either.

It was my opinion that he was being unreasonable. That is why the rules had to be "adjusted", and the mascot put into play. The game has been running pretty smoothly ever since, even with the tags in pretty remote locations.

Next stop, if I get the tag again, will be South to the Pine Barrens, where it stays warmer during the winter months. Or maybe to Valley Stream State Park!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #396
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)

Oddometer: 1,270
Doc, stop comforting yourself you were on the wrong side of the river, about half a mile away from the fishing hole tag
..and is it just me or you became the "tagger who just wants to jerk people around"
give usp a deserved break.. do the right thing
> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #397
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,344
in GStor we allow adjustments to get enough light on the tag for the picture. who would have his bike 1/2 mile from the tag anyway. its not like it is a channel marker.
or is the tree full of ducks the actuall tag?
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #398
Looksgoodinblack
LooksbetteronOrange

Oddometer: 2,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo
Or maybe to Valley Stream State Park!
Now you're talking

Quote:
Exactly! I'm just trying to make it fun, but keep it moving. And I had to adjust the rules to eliminate the occasional tagger who just wanted to jerk people around.

But since you call a dedicated tagger and the one that got the first Hat-Trick Tag in the NortHeast an "occasional" one I'm not going to wait for it And since the LI game is slow too it may stay here until spring...
'04 DL 650, '03 450 EXC - Plated, '07 X-Challenge

"What has been seen cannot be unseen"
Looksgoodinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:51 AM   #399
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by > 1 BAD HABIT
you were on the wrong side of the river, about half a mile away from the fishing hole tag
Well, then you were definitely jerking people around with the wrong GPS coordinates. They shouldn't have been a 1/2 mile off. GPS units are accurate down to inches, for goodness sake!

I'm trying to keep a game going here, folks, and the mascot makes dirt more manageable. And many people think the geocaching aspects of the game are fun as well.

The game was supposed to highlight the fact that there ARE places you can go with your dual sport bike that are fun, and still relatively legal in the NY Metro area.

Stop whining and go and get the tag and the mascot. It's still up for grabs, and in a pretty easy location.

Adam, even you, as a casual tagger, could find this one, and if you get lost, just call me on my cell. You know how to do that!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:13 AM   #400
usp45
Studly Adventurer

Im not going back. Its not like its 5 miles from my house. Had i noticed the tag was half a dead tree and not a big red farmhouse,
I would've had it.

Doc, did you see the graveyard? I was wondering how old it was?
Old 12-10-2009, 06:45 AM   #401
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly

Quote:
Im not going back.
Doc, did you see the graveyard? I was wondering how old it was?
Quitter! At least I went back a second time with Adam's fishing spot to at least try and get the tag! Really no big deal. If no one wants the mascots, I'll just go back and get them. Again, it's my favorite dirt road in NJ!

Didn't notice the graveyard, but was intimately aware of the front yard of the house on the curve one curve back from the barn. Missed that turn on a Walter ride, and ended up doing a little "cross county" around a tree. Total control, of course.

p.s., if no one gets them, and you want to drop another tag, I'll bring you the mascots. Just say the word.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #402
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)

Oddometer: 1,270
i know that you know, that i know that you never got the tag, but i sense a little guilt here...
Quote:
Quitter! At least I went back a second time with Adam's fishing spot to at least try...
you took your picture from the parking lot on Park Drive and no wonder you had a problem with the GPS coorditates - you were on the wrong side of the stream!!!

View Larger Map

doc, you heard the man.. it wasn't as short of a ride for him as it was for you... (form where you took your picture, you were closer to home than the tag )

> 1 BAD HABIT screwed with this post 12-10-2009 at 08:43 AM
> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #403
usp45
Studly Adventurer

Doc, if I remember correctly, the graveyard is on the paved section. Your right, it is a nice dirt road.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #404
Bwolf
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
So I got tired of hearing people complain about this one and figured I would go get it and what do I find? Some kind of mutant Black Duck. What happened to those pretty little yellow guys?

This poor guy can't even see!

The "road"

What now??
Bruce
Bwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:59 AM   #405
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly

Nice!

Nice job, Bruce!

The road was pretty nice, wasn't it?

What next? You have to post a new tag, and place the mascot. I like your new one!