Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #121
silly torque
kiwi in NL

Oddometer: 67
Anyone heading aross to Koln for INTERMOT and the advrider meet?http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591410

I'm going across on Friday after work from Breda if anyone's interested?
I'm staying at the city camping 3 km away from the Messe http://www.camping-koeln.de/index.php?lng=en&nav=index
Old 09-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #122
wimj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
I'm out here, always have been!

I've been lurking here on adv for years, enjoying the Ride Reports. Now finally 'out of the closet'... I'm living just north of Alkmaar and do a lot of riding with friends from Amsterdam. Due to retirement (€---) I sold my VFR and R27 beemer and kept the transalp 650 because I like dirt now and again. Best rides were India (to Ladakh on Enfields) and Morocco (off the beaten track across the Atlas and Rif), but I also enjoyed my rides in Norway and GB.

If anybody is interested to ride with us: www.mtc-hombo.nl
wimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:46 AM   #123
mirantesMT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimj
I've been lurking here on adv for years, enjoying the Ride Reports. Now finally 'out of the closet'... I'm living just north of Alkmaar and do a lot of riding with friends from Amsterdam. Due to retirement (€---) I sold my VFR and R27 beemer and kept the transalp 650 because I like dirt now and again. Best rides were India (to Ladakh on Enfields) and Morocco (off the beaten track across the Atlas and Rif), but I also enjoyed my rides in Norway and GB.

If anybody is interested to ride with us: www.mtc-hombo.nl
Hey Wim,

I'm originally from Belgium, but moved to Brazil in Jan.2009.
I've been working for almost two years to set up a new motorcycle tour company. I see you've been to many places already. If you ever want to check out Brazil, you know where to find me.
http://www.mirantes-mototravel.com
Cheers.
Raf
mirantesMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #124
jj5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
no offense mirantes but do you really have to spam this tour company of you in all topics...
jj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:50 PM   #125
transexl
nOObnOObnOOb.nOOb

Oddometer: 5
"halfbreed"

Hoi !

As the opening lines of this thread are so friendly I just came in to "say hi" and support "The Netherregions".

I spend some - well, way too little that is - time in "the Netherlands" with my lovely family there - my mom is Dutch.
BETTER MAKE THAT "LIMBURGS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I like to keep an eye on this here thread - well, just to know what is going on... .

Houdoe, houtje en daag !
Old 01-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #126
Mike_K
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
Our 4th Stammtisch in Cologne:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645840

or

the next ADV-Rider-Meeting Germany:

Old 02-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #127
CopperLioness
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a mechanic or shop or someone in the Valkenswaard area who may be able to help me. Though it may involve a house call - I'm really not sure how to proceed.

The backstory is that I'm Canadian, married to a Dutchie, and when I moved here in 2007 I brought my F650CS as household goods. However, I was six months pregnant when I moved here, and the goods were delayed in transit (of course) arriving after my due date but just before my son was born. The bike went to live in my inlaws' back yard in Valkenswaard; we live in Utrecht. The late arrival meant I couldn't deal with putting the wheel back on and properly importing it at the RDW before the baby came, and afterwards I got somehow distracted. One thing and another kept coming up (including a second kid, a daughter), and I haven't managed to do it yet. Besides busy life stuff, there are two main things holding me back: I haven't got my Dutch motorcycle licence yet (Canadian doesn't transfer), and I can't get the front wheel back on.

I'm working on the first (though if anyone has good recommendations for a riding school in Utrecht that'll help an experienced rider through the exams quickly and cheaply, I'd love to hear them), but the second is the reason for the post. As it turns out, when the shop in Canada took the front wheel off to crate it, they broke the heads off the bolts, leaving the rest in the forks. I guess they need to be drilled out, but I don't have the tools to do that, nor have I ever done it and I don't want to mess up the forks. And the bike is still on the bottom of the crate at the back of my inlaws' yard, which makes it difficult to transport to get someone to do it (we do have a trailer but not sure how to get it to the trailer and loaded). I suppose I could take the fork off, but then I still need to know where to take it to get the bolts drilled out. I know it seems like a minor problem, but I'm just not sure how to find someone to help me fix it, especially in another city, so I was hoping someone here would have a good idea.

I do speak Dutch if there's another place I should be looking. I really want to start riding again - I miss it a lot. And I may be able to get away for a week's ride this summer, which is motivating me to actually get this done now.

Thanks in advance!

2002 BMW F650CS
CopperLioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:15 AM   #128
Mud Crusher
I'm not a DONKEY!

Oddometer: 14
Well Copper Lioness,

You could phone Motoport Veldhoven which is about 20 km from Valkens waard. I have excellent experience with the motoport organisation, I'm sure they can help you out.

Motoport Veldhoven
De Run 5202
5504 BD Veldhoven
Tel 040 201 2542

Success,
Mud Crusher
Old 02-19-2011, 02:09 AM   #129
heny74
Silesian

Oddometer: 5
new on ADVrider

Hi,

I'm new on ADVrider. I'm Polish but almost 8 years living in Holland.
Looking forward for 660 Tenere 2009-2010 I searching for some place under roof for 'my lady' in Tilburg :-)
On this moment my old GT550 parked under the sky

I hope that I could go to Germany for this meeting and meet people live
2nd German ADV-Rider-Meet 2011
10th - 13th of June (Whitesun / Pfingsten) in Niedersolbach / Sauerland.

greetings from Tilburg
heny74
*dreams are there to come true*

heny74 screwed with this post 02-19-2011 at 06:11 AM
heny74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:02 AM   #130
Mike_K
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by heny74 View Post
Hi,
On this moment my old GT550 parked under the sky
Thats sounds bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heny74 View Post
I hope that I could go to Germany for this meeting and meet people life
2nd German ADV-Rider-Meet 2011
You´re welcome! :)

Regards from Germany
Mike
Old 06-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #131
roshan2044
RosTourer

Oddometer: 43
Hello !

Hey guys , I am from India , will be coming to Netherlands for two years to do my Masters @ TU Delft. I am a tourer am a member of this community for some time now but like many other ,I guess its about time I come out of the Closet and make my first post - Intro

I am not getting my bike from India, will be selling it off , It is a Honda CRF230 by heart but known locally as Karizma which is a Sport tourer basically .

Plan to do few rides may be renting bikes or if somebody can lend me one lol (as in 2 years of my stay, I am not sure if buying even a second hand bike would be logical as the time I will get apart from studies is still uncertain and not aware of the formalities either....so as of now rides on weekends for a start is the PLAN!

Few queries for start,
  • where I can buy some riding gear for a start in say Hague or Rotterdam (closest place)?
  • Secondly I have a motorcycle License in India, also got the IDP done, Will I be allowed to ride even something like Kawa Ninja 250/Hyosung GT250 kinda bikes which I believe is like beginners/under18 learners bike in Europe, I am 26 and as of now I want to see NL/Europe on something which can take me places with min expense ? (Student remember !)
  • What would be the rental costs of such bikes on weekends ?links will help
Thank you all ... Hope to meet u in future, Planning to go to Assen for the nxt year Motogp too...

Ride safe and Have fun!

roshan2044 screwed with this post 06-22-2011 at 01:18 AM
roshan2044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #132
KarCiller
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Talking Signing in.

Hello Everyone.

I`m from Rotterdam, I`ve been reading various post on this site so I decided to join and this is my first post.

I am not very experienced with off-road riding, besides the occasional dirt road (dry), so I hope to give it a go this year on a all-road training.

My travels haven`t led me to outside of Europe yet, but time and finances permitted I`ll want to see everything.

Next month me and a mate are planning to tour the UK for a period of four weeks, I`m hoping to make enought good/great/fantastic pictures to share with you all in a ride report.

But this is the Dutch tread so I`ll leave it at that.

De mazzel!
KarCiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:36 AM   #133
casperghst42
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshan2044 View Post
Hey guys , I am from India , will be coming to Netherlands for two years to do my Masters @ TU Delft. I am a tourer am a member of this community for some time now but like many other ,I guess its about time I come out of the Closet and make my first post - Intro

I am not getting my bike from India, will be selling it off , It is a Honda CRF230 by heart but known locally as Karizma which is a Sport tourer basically .

Plan to do few rides may be renting bikes or if somebody can lend me one lol (as in 2 years of my stay, I am not sure if buying even a second hand bike would be logical as the time I will get apart from studies is still uncertain and not aware of the formalities either....so as of now rides on weekends for a start is the PLAN!

Few queries for start,
  • where I can buy some riding gear for a start in say Hague or Rotterdam (closest place)?
  • Secondly I have a motorcycle License in India, also got the IDP done, Will I be allowed to ride even something like Kawa Ninja 250/Hyosung GT250 kinda bikes which I believe is like beginners/under18 learners bike in Europe, I am 26 and as of now I want to see NL/Europe on something which can take me places with min expense ? (Student remember !)
Thank you all ... Hope to meet u in future, Planning to go to Assen for the nxt year Motogp too...

Ride safe and Have fun!
I get my stuff from here: http://www.martijnsmotorkleding.nl/

Been quite happy with the service the last 7 years I've been dealing with them.

Casper
casperghst42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #134
burgerking
echt bezopen

Oddometer: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshan2044 View Post

Few queries for start,

Ride safe and Have fun!
You know Holland is really really tiny, so just about all of it is near The Hague

In Zoetermeer you have Hans van Wijk:
http://www.hansvanwijk.nl/

In Rotterdam, close to Delft, you also have
Motoport Rotterdam, they also do rentals, check this for prices.
http://www.motoport.nl/epages/Motopo...terdam/Verhuur

In Amsterdam you have a Hein Gericke (clothing shop)
http://www.hein-gericke.nl/3/our-story/our-shops.php

And also Motozoom
http://www.motozoom.nl/

In Leiden (just North of The Hague) you have:
http://www.onderdelen-struik.com/

Enjoy your stay
burgerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #135
roshan2044
RosTourer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by casperghst42 View Post
I get my stuff from here: http://www.martijnsmotorkleding.nl/

Been quite happy with the service the last 7 years I've been dealing with them.

Casper
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
You know Holland is really really tiny, so just about all of it is near The Hague

In Zoetermeer you have Hans van Wijk:
http://www.hansvanwijk.nl/

In Rotterdam, close to Delft, you also have
Motoport Rotterdam, they also do rentals, check this for prices.
http://www.motoport.nl/epages/Motopo...terdam/Verhuur

In Amsterdam you have a Hein Gericke (clothing shop)
http://www.hein-gericke.nl/3/our-story/our-shops.php

And also Motozoom
http://www.motozoom.nl/

In Leiden (just North of The Hague) you have:
http://www.onderdelen-struik.com/

Enjoy your stay
Thank you guys went through the links and was happy to find what I was looking for ... Went through few jackets to find its slightly on the costlier side compared to US. But anyhow I will be getting my Tourmaster jacket to Europe too as I am sure with winter lining, it should do fine. Rest I will buy @ one of these shops.

I know Netherlands is pretty small and good to know everything I need can be mostly found in Den Haag, as I am pretty close to that place .... Would like to check out sometime.

Anyhow will keep an eye on this forum .

Ride safe and Have fun

roshan2044 screwed with this post 06-24-2011 at 09:40 PM
roshan2044 is offline   Reply With Quote