Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #271
Behindbars
Let's Ride

Oddometer: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbs View Post
Anyone here using Two Brothers exhaust system? I met a guy who had an 08 with it, and I liked the sound of it. I'm even more interested as that stock exhaust is very heavy and could help shed some serious weight.

-Chris
I'm interested too. Think I'm fixing to pull the trigger on a new 2011. Will a Two Brothers slip-on effect the factory warranty? I wouldn't this so.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #272
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 5,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindbars View Post
I'm interested too. Think I'm fixing to pull the trigger on a new 2011. Will a Two Brothers slip-on effect the factory warranty? I wouldn't this so.
No, it won't affect the warranty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #273
Cordless
Two Wheel Addict

Oddometer: 2,031
Somewhat tall rider with questions

I have been talking to ADVrider friends about getting a Goldwing. One of them insists I look first at the Concours14. So here I am am.

My question is what will it take to fit a C14 to me? I am 6'6" with a 36" inseam. I sit tall and can't ride for hours in a sportbike crouch. What mods have tall riders made to their C14s?

I read about the two tall seats option, peg lowering brackets, Laminar Lips, and seat beads. What about raising the bars? longer shifter levers (size 14 boots)? Etc.
Cordless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #274
IKIGAI
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordless View Post
I have been talking to ADVrider friends about getting a Goldwing. One of them insists I look first at the Concours14. So here I am am.

My question is what will it take to fit a C14 to me? I am 6'6" with a 36" inseam. I sit tall and can't ride for hours in a sportbike crouch. What mods have tall riders made to their C14s?

I read about the two tall seats option, peg lowering brackets, Laminar Lips, and seat beads. What about raising the bars? longer shifter levers (size 14 boots)? Etc.
I'm 6.1 and the stock bars were a killer on my neck, but they certainly made for a quick handling bike.

I put 2 inch risers on my bars, and now wish that I had only gone and inch 'n half.

2 inches put me too upright,.. and shifts me back away from the windscreen (into more of the wind blast), and moves the CoG of the bike higher.

http://www.helibars.com/photo-galler...ars-concours14

This is the latest version from Helibars, of riser for the C14. Since it is supposed to be fully adjustable, it should in theory enable a 'perfect fit' for almost any rider.
IKIGAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #275
wildbill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Is this a good price for new 2011 concours with abs

US $13,250 + tax and tags. The price includes fees. It's still in the crate so it's not a demo.

I think this is probably the best price out there.

2012 Goldwing
wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #276
Burbs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
US $13,250 + tax and tags. The price includes fees. It's still in the crate so it's not a demo.

IMHO, I think that's a greate price.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #277
Power of Soul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:

Yep, I paid 13k plus tax last year for my 2010 and I still think its a great deal. Its hard to justify the new BMW 6 cyl for 25k plus tax. no way is it 12000 better. The C14 KAW has won a bunch of awards. Oh yeah, Ive owned 8 and still have one.
Power of Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #278
firebrick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power of Soul View Post
Yep, I paid 13k plus tax last year for my 2010 and I still think its a great deal. Its hard to justify the new BMW 6 cyl for 25k plus tax. no way is it 12000 better. The C14 KAW has won a bunch of awards. Oh yeah, Ive owned 8 and still have one.
I would buy one if it had cruise. It may be the wimp thing to say but traveling for long distances, you just get spoiled with it. A throttle lock is not the same.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:21 AM   #279
MKorn
2whl Addict

Oddometer: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrick View Post
I would buy one if it had cruise. It may be the wimp thing to say but traveling for long distances, you just get spoiled with it. A throttle lock is not the same.

there are cruise control units for it ... not cheap but they are available.

it is hard to stay below the speed limit ... i find myself following traffic to help maintain my speed.
02 Nighthawk 750 (sold)
06 DRz 400s
MKorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #280
firebrick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKorn View Post
there are cruise control units for it ... not cheap but they are available.

it is hard to stay below the speed limit ... i find myself following traffic to help maintain my speed.
Ya but i cant understand the cobble up some aftermarket cc. No one would say no to cruise if the bike had it. Just add the damn thing kawai!!!! sport TOURING bike.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #281
wildbill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power of Soul View Post
Hey, I just test drove a c14 at a Kawasaki good times last weekend and loved it. I was very impressed with the power and electronics. Makes my ST1300 seem like old technology.

I'm going to get one soon. Been pricing them. The $13,250 seems like a great price today, but its sure to go down in the fall. If I wait I may be able to pick one up for below 13k.

Eight? How many C14's have you had?

I think the 2011 is the best year.

2012 Goldwing
wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:58 AM   #282
Power of Soul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Hey, I just test drove a c14 at a Kawasaki good times last weekend and loved it. I was very impressed with the power and electronics. Makes my ST1300 seem like old technology.

I'm going to get one soon. Been pricing them. The $13,250 seems like a great price today, but its sure to go down in the fall. If I wait I may be able to pick one up for below 13k.

Eight? How many C14's have you had?

I think the 2011 is the best year.
Forgive the misunderstanding. Ive had 8 BMW's. Heres a tip for new C14 owners. The 2010-11 windscreen has been updated already. just get a Laminar lip. seems to work pretty good.
Power of Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #283
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
I'd really been eye-balling a new C14, but the more research I've done the less inclined I am to buy one, and mainly for one simple reason...the stupid TPS sensors in the wheels.

- $160+ each to replace them, and most folks are only getting 2-3 years out of them before the battery goes dead.

- Battery in the TPS sensor is soldered in and not designed to be replaceable, though it can be done if you want to mess with it yourself. (dunno how many shops would be happy to have your wheels/tires sitting around an extra day while you take the sensors home though)

- If the TPS battery gets low it locks up the LCD display and requires you to do the two button tango to clear it out.

It's a shame as I really like the C14 and have always been partial to Kawasaki's, but I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a bike that has such a serious flaw and no readily available solution. If there were a patch to disable the TPS warning system in the KiPASS ECU or Kawasaki offered a sensor with a replaceable battery I wouldn't be so critical of it, but until that happens it looks like I'll be leaning towards the FJR1300.

MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:26 AM   #284
4power
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
I'd really been eye-balling a new C14, but the more research I've done the less inclined I am to buy one, and mainly for one simple reason...the stupid TPS sensors in the wheels.

- $160+ each to replace them, and most folks are only getting 2-3 years out of them before the battery goes dead.

- Battery in the TPS sensor is soldered in and not designed to be replaceable, though it can be done if you want to mess with it yourself. (dunno how many shops would be happy to have your wheels/tires sitting around an extra day while you take the sensors home though)

- If the TPS battery gets low it locks up the LCD display and requires you to do the two button tango to clear it out.

It's a shame as I really like the C14 and have always been partial to Kawasaki's, but I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a bike that has such a serious flaw and no readily available solution. If there were a patch to disable the TPS warning system in the KiPASS ECU or Kawasaki offered a sensor with a replaceable battery I wouldn't be so critical of it, but until that happens it looks like I'll be leaning towards the FJR1300.
I think someone came up with a way to replace just the battery, probably find that on the cog forum. I wouldn't let that deter you from buying an otherwise fantastic bike.
4power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:39 AM   #285
Barry
Just Beastly

Oddometer: 7,238
One of my TPS batteries is going. I got the flashy screen for a while, didn't bother me very much. I don't "live and die" by anything on that screen that is obscured by the TPS battery low message.

I been ignoring it, and it has mostly gone away.

As said, I wouldn't let THAT deter you from the bike. Possibly other things, but not that. I love mine.

I have ZX-14 Throttle Bodies on a shelf waiting to go in.

YMMV,
Barry

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote