Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #331
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbs View Post
Anyone here using Two Brothers exhaust system? I met a guy who had an 08 with it, and I liked the sound of it. I'm even more interested as that stock exhaust is very heavy and could help shed some serious weight.

-Chris
I have the 2 bros slip-on can and it really improves the bike's low end from 2,500 RPM to 3000RPM after which the bike just rips. Saves about 12lbs IIRC too. A little loud but not bad.
Jim
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #332
PDsgt
Realistic about life

Oddometer: 304
I have the very 2 Brothers you speak of. I really like it. I like the sound too. And to be honest, everyone that hears it, thinks it's a really nice sound too. Not too loud but gives it a little growl. When I upgrade I will definitely get another one.!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #333
PDsgt
Realistic about life

Headed to Cycle World in Cherry Hills NJ in the AM to upgrade my 08 to the new 11 model. Anything I should be concerned about with this dealer?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #334
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 5,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDsgt View Post
Headed to Cycle World in Cherry Hills NJ in the AM to upgrade my 08 to the new 11 model. Anything I should be concerned about with this dealer?
They have a 99.3% positive feedback rating on Ebay.
Good luck with the new bike.
Give us a ride report when you have a few miles on it.
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #335
wildbill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDsgt View Post
Yes, better prices can be had elsewhere.

2012 Goldwing
wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #336
MKorn
2whl Addict

Oddometer: 743
Great Weekend

We had some great weather for a spin around the state. Did 685 miles total. I sure do like this bike.

02 Nighthawk 750 (sold)
06 DRz 400s
MKorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #337
PDsgt
Realistic about life

Out with the old!!!!!!

In with the new:

Old 07-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #338
MKorn
2whl Addict

Nice
02 Nighthawk 750 (sold)
06 DRz 400s
Old 07-08-2011, 01:11 AM   #339
Ironrdr
Pay No Attention...

Oddometer: 528
I'm doing my best trying not to go and buy one of these for a trip out west this summer.

Quick question:

Are the improvements in the '10-'11 models $2700 better than the '09 models? That's the price difference I'm seeing for new models of both.

I see myself on one of these bikes in the near future.

Possibly very near.

PDsgt: Interested to hear your comparisons between the two years. How many miles did you have on the '08?

Thanks,
-darrell

2011 Ride West Ride Report

Ironrdr screwed with this post 07-08-2011 at 02:03 AM
Ironrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:32 AM   #340
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironrdr View Post
I'm doing my best trying not to go and buy one of these for a trip out west this summer.

Quick question:

Are the improvements in the '10-'11 models $2700 better than the '09 models? That's the price difference I'm seeing for new models of both.

I see myself on one of these bikes in the near future.

Possibly very near.

PDsgt: Interested to hear your comparisons between the two years. How many miles did you have on the '08?

Thanks,
-darrell
If you can't buy a new 08-09 for $10,500 + tax or less then do yourself a favor and get the newer/updated model. The reason I say this is that the used value of 08-09 models is already below $10k and as soon as you roll it off the lot it's used. No sense in letting a dealer peel you for $12-13K on an 08-09 and loosing $3-4k instantly.

The way I see it, if you're going to take an instant hit for a couple grand like that (which you usually do when purchasing any new vehicle) you might as well get the latest and greatest with all the extra bells and whistles. At least then it doesn't hurt as much.

MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:54 AM   #341
Ironrdr
Pay No Attention...

Oddometer: 528
MrF: The '09 is listed at $10,000. The '11 at $12,600. That's before all the dealer fees. (Cherry Hill is my closest local dealer that has them in stock, so I'm going by their listed prices) Add in the fees and taxes and that '09 is still gonna be $2600 cheaper.

If the '10 blue was still available, I wouldn't even be asking.

-darrell

2011 Ride West Ride Report
Ironrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:34 AM   #342
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
I'd probably go with the `11 model at that price. Just remember though, all 2011's have the linked brakes so if you don't like the idea of that the 09 might be the better option.

MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:06 AM   #343
PDsgt
Realistic about life

Cycle world of Cherry Hill NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironrdr View Post
MrF: The '09 is listed at $10,000. The '11 at $12,600. That's before all the dealer fees. (Cherry Hill is my closest local dealer that has them in stock, so I'm going by their listed prices) Add in the fees and taxes and that '09 is still gonna be $2600 cheaper.

If the '10 blue was still available, I wouldn't even be asking.

-darrell
Ok, here's my .02. I loved my 08. Loved it so much I felt like I really wanted the upgrades. I've owned lots of bikes over the years and this is the first bike I ever felt like I was in love with. Don't get me wrong, I've liked lots of bikes, but this one is the one! So......I decided I wanted the upgrades. Color is definitely and issue for me and I really wanted the 10 blue, but just couldn't justify the huge hit I was gonna take in depreciation on a bike with 0 miles. Right now it wouldn't matter but in 2 years when Kawasaki updates this bike again with some nice other features like washing itself, or mowing your lawn for you, I'm gonna want to upgrade again, and that's when I'm gonna feel the hard hit. So I decided black 11 was for me since I already have silver. (I'm not fond of grey or silver on bikes because it's the same color as the road and easy for cages to not see you).

Spent some time doing the research and found that cycle world in cherry hill nj has the best price by far. I even went to my local dealer where I purchased my first Connie and showed him the info. I have a good relationship with him and wanted to buy from him. He told me no way he could sell me a bike for that $$. He said he would lose money if her sold me for that price. Didn't understand how they could do it. Then encouraged me to go there and buy it as long as it wasnt a scam. We talked about it openly and he couldn't get within $1.5k of the cherry hill price.

So off to nj I go. I'm about 5 hours from there so I was a little concerned about going all the way there and getting hosed with bullshit after I got there. I talked to mark on the phone and was assured no hidden fees or bullshit and he told me between $6600 and $7000 for my bike and that was based on their sale price of the 11 Connie of $12798.

After I got there I met mark. No bullshit here. He tok my bike outback to service and we started the application process through HSBC Kawasaki promotional. I have good credit so I want concerned. Well after about an hour I was getting concerned. Finally mark was approached by the finance guy and said bank wanted to talk to me. Seems that when I bought the first Connie I used same promotion and that old credit line was still open but dormant for a few years with a 0 balance and they were having some issue about having 2 accounts. So instead ofbasking me if I wanted to use the old account or close the old account and use a new one, they were trying to get a supervisor to authorize both accounts or some b.s. Like that. S I told em to close the old 1 if that would make it easier. Yes it is easier and bam! Done!

Next issue, calling my insurance company. They called for me and thought the new I'd cards were being faxed. Another hour later of me waiting around I ask what's the hold up. No insurance cards I'm told. So I call my insurance carrier and within 5 minutes we got cards. Then I am told that service is prepping new bike and they prepped the demo bike so they had to get other bike prepped. I wait another hour before getting all the numbers together. But I was pleasantly surprised when they told me they were gonna give me the top dollar of $7k for my bike. Didn't even have to fight with them over the price.

So after a long waiting game there I was done and out the door and headed home.

Final thoughts. I would go there again to buy a bike, the price was cheapest by far. It took me about 14hours total round trip and there was no sense of urgency at the dealership. They knew I was 5 hrs away and they seemed tocare less. That would be my only cmplaint. But to save $1500 I would do it again.

Lots of inventory and you can see most of it on eBay. Overall, I'm glad I went there to buy my new bike!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #344
MKorn
2whl Addict

i paid 10,300 otd for a new 09 ABS just a couple months ago.

and i agree ... i love this bike.
so much so, i call her .... The Mistress.

i didnt want the traction control ( i have control issues. ) and i wasnt sure about the linked braking at the time.
the hand warmers would have been nice and so would the outside temp thingie. But at the time 11's were 15,500.
it wasnt worth the extra cash to me.
i feel the heat, but i felt the same heat on my Nighthawk. There is a 4 cyl engine between my legs. its never been bad for me, even when its 90+ out in traffic.
02 Nighthawk 750 (sold)
06 DRz 400s
Old 07-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #345
sjsred323i
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Unless I couldn't live without the updates on the 10 and 11, I would buy the 09 and save the money. You are already $2,500 ahead of the game on the used bike market if you decide to sell it a few years down the road. If you keep it for a number of years it won't make much difference.