ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2015, 06:33 AM   #1
Numan OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Touratech Rally

Who has been to the Touratech Rally in Plain, Wa before? I am new to the adventure scene so I am looking for some advice from the people who have more experience. Is there any nesaccary items to have on my bike besides the normal, tools, tire plugs, co2 pump... Also, i have access to a cabin up the road, would you recommend staying there or camping on site. any heads up is appreciated. Thanks!
Numan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:44 AM   #2
Eastview
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
My wife and I attended last year for the first time, we are going back this year. It was a blast! As far as things to bring , just your normal tools, patch kit ect....
Last year I looked at getting a room close but decided to tent it and am glad we did, lots of people , lots of bikes and good times. During the weekend you will have the opportunity to pick your rides according to skill level and length then maybe attend one of the classes and check out the vendors and of course there is the overland folks to mingle with.
2006 BMW K1200S (sold)
2007 Ducati 1098S Tricolore(sold)Replaced with 2002 Foggy Monster
Eastview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:59 AM   #3
Numan OP
Adventurer

Awesome, Thank you! Looks like tent it is, looking forward to it! Is there food on hand or should I be planning on packing all my food and cooking equipment? Do most people ride there or trailer bikes to cram more crap in the truck? I will be on a grey Tenere and my fiance will be on a white tiger 800xc. Looking forward to meeting more people in the ADV community.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #4
Berg570FE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
My wife and I are also going for the first time. Looking forward to it, and meeting new Adv riders as well.

We are bringing our RV. Thought for a moment that we might camp at Lake Wenatchee State Park, but, with all of the interesting things to do, people to meet, and beverages to be had, didn't think riding back and forth was a good idea!

We are new to Adventure riding, but are long time avid dirt bikers.

We will be in a Cougar RV. Leaving Roslyn by noon Thursday.

Hope to meet new friends!
Berg570FE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #5
Eastview
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Food, well last year it was hit and miss. There was a food truck but he got upset when a couple of booths set up grills to give away dogs and burgers so he left. He came and went over the weekend. There was a taco truck that did some but since I am trucking it this year I plan on bringing a grill and food just in case, and of course a couple of beers....

We are going to go early Thursday so my wife can do a dirt first class. I think she wants to ride her small bike so we will be the on a 1200GS and WR250 camping in a green Redverz tent.

We look forward to meeting everyone,
2006 BMW K1200S (sold)
2007 Ducati 1098S Tricolore(sold)Replaced with 2002 Foggy Monster
Eastview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:42 AM   #6
Numan OP
Adventurer

Looks like ill be driving over aswell. bbq and food dont fit very well on a bike once you throw the necessary hydration beers onboard.

see you all out there!
Old 06-17-2015, 11:49 AM   #7
eff naked teeth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
This will be my first time attending also. Will be riding my DRZ400S from Mount Vernon Thursday morning. Not looking forward to HWY 2, but I shouldn't be too slow comparatively.
eff naked teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:44 PM   #8
HH
Hurricane Harry

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by eff naked teeth View Post
This will be my first time attending also. Will be riding my DRZ400S from Mount Vernon Thursday morning. Not looking forward to HWY 2, but I shouldn't be too slow comparatively.
Once over Stevens pass take the first left, Smithbrook rd and backdoor to lake Wenatchee
HH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:57 PM   #9
eff naked teeth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Once over Stevens pass take the first left, Smithbrook rd and backdoor to lake Wenatchee
Looks like that is NF-6700 to Little Wenatchee River Road according to Google, I'll check that out. Thanks!
eff naked teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:25 PM   #10
HH
Hurricane Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff naked teeth View Post
Looks like that is NF-6700 to Little Wenatchee River Road according to Google, I'll check that out. Thanks!
Your welcome.

Once you get to lake Wenatchee take the chiwawa loop road to plain as there is a bridge closed on the plain/levanworth rd.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:36 PM   #11
mlyamkaw
Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Your welcome.

Once you get to lake Wenatchee take the chiwawa loop road to plain as there is a bridge closed on the plain/levanworth rd.
Bikes can get across the old bridge. Take a right at River Road just before the closed bridge. As the road curves to the right a quarter mile after turning, the bridge will be on your left, and comes out by the Plain church on Chapel Rd. Just wide enough for a bike with panniers.
14 KTM 500 EXC
mlyamkaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:29 PM   #12
HH
Hurricane Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyamkaw View Post
Bikes can get across the old bridge. Take a right at River Road just before the closed bridge. As the road curves to the right a quarter mile after turning, the bridge will be on your left, and comes out by the Plain church on Chapel Rd. Just wide enough for a bike with panniers.
Thanks
Old 06-17-2015, 07:26 PM   #13
tommybelvedere
Adv alacarte'

Oddometer: 434
First timers as well

My father in law and me will be coming over some time thursday early. I plan on Campervan towing my dr650, dad in law has same setup. It will be great to meet some new riders and do the rally thing. Should be good weather and riding. Bringing lots of farm raised food and drink and some exp in the area as we explored a bit last year before the fires. Pretty much going to be self contained, thats the way we roll. See you all there!
Cheers TB
tommybelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:22 AM   #14
klxultralight
n00b

Oddometer: 8
n00b Question

My friend and I are coming over as well. Our first Tourtech rally. We'll be camping and have a minimalist cook set - read - can boil water. Is there a faucet with drinkable water in the camping area?

Looking forward to it! See you guys there.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #15
iJabberwocky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Touratech supplied water last year. Have fun!