ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #1516
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy
 
EvanADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Joplor, NC
Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jub jub View Post
I believe those Givi bags are custom painted to match the bike.

According to their web site, the V35 only come in several colors, red not being one of them.

http://www.giviusa.com/Side-hardbags/Monokey--Side/V35

EDIT:

I was looking around on eBay and found a set of the V35 cases for the Bandit. Here is a quote from the auction:



So evidently, Givi did offer a red panel for those bags at one time.
Yep, planning to buy them if my other bike sells today as planned.
__________________
Current Steeds: '08 FJR1300 | '02 DR650
Former Steeds: '99 DR650 | '02 DR650 | '09 DL650 | '07 B1250
9 states left to ride: WI, MN, ND, SD, UT, OK, KS, AK, and HI.
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #1517
Incredulous
Peanut Gallery
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: The O.V.
Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by treybrad View Post
Well, kind of. Suzuki offered them as an OEM accessory. My bags actually had the Suzuki 'S' on them where the Givi badge normally is.

The colored inserts were available as an option on the option.... Which I didn't realize and just ran them without any trim panels at all since I was too cheap to buy them after the fact....

trey
You can buy the color matched inserts from Suzuki.

I bought a set of bags used and then the inserts to match the bike. Not cheap--IIRC the inserts were ~$30 each plus shipping.

Looks good though...



Incredulous
Incredulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #1518
jub jub
frumiousbandersnatch
 
jub jub's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Central, GA
Oddometer: 12,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredulous View Post
You can buy the color matched inserts from Suzuki.

I bought a set of bags used and then the inserts to match the bike. Not cheap--IIRC the inserts were ~$30 each plus shipping.

Looks good though...



Incredulous
That does look good. I just bought a GSX1250 that came with E21 bags that I really don't care for. I like the V35 bags a lot more but then I would have to change to bag mounts.
jub jub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #1519
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy
 
EvanADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Joplor, NC
Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jub jub View Post
That does look good. I just bought a GSX1250 that came with E21 bags that I really don't care for. I like the V35 bags a lot more but then I would have to change to bag mounts.
PM me if you want to get rid of the E21's. The V35's I was eyeing on eBay got sold out from under me.
__________________
Current Steeds: '08 FJR1300 | '02 DR650
Former Steeds: '99 DR650 | '02 DR650 | '09 DL650 | '07 B1250
9 states left to ride: WI, MN, ND, SD, UT, OK, KS, AK, and HI.
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #1520
jub jub
frumiousbandersnatch
 
jub jub's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Central, GA
Oddometer: 12,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlotMax View Post
It looks like that bike may have a Zero Gravity sport touring screen on it. If so, it works great. I am 6' and love the hell out of the '01 I picked up last year. The engine is very tractable with good power just about everywhere. Wishing I had a few extra $ to spend with Dale, including a different seat. I am looking to add a very similar bag package as to what that one has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
PM me if you want to get rid of the E21's. The V35's I was eyeing on eBay got sold out from under me.
Sorry, I promised them to a fellow inmate but, if he decides he doesn't want them, I'll give you a shout.
jub jub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #1521
keenerkeen
Adventurer
 
keenerkeen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 74
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeper View Post
Bought my Bandit in January '00. Rode it home from the dealer end of February during an early thaw, temps in the mid 50's. That's about the coldest weather I ride the Bandit in, not much wind protection in chilly temps. Very comfy with the Corbin seat for long summer rides though, I can go tank to tank no problem...or until my arms get tired.

Great all around bike, don't think I'll ever sell her....

just had to prove once again the first gen Bandit 1200 are the best looking of all ..Keener keen
keenerkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:10 AM   #1522
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenerkeen View Post
just had to prove once again the first gen Bandit 1200 are the best looking of all ..Keener keen
What's with the mirror below the tank?
Can you adjust make-up with the mirrors on the handlebars!?

;)
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #1523
Incredulous
Peanut Gallery
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: The O.V.
Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by jub jub View Post
That does look good. I just bought a GSX1250 that came with E21 bags that I really don't care for. I like the V35 bags a lot more but then I would have to change to bag mounts.
JJ-

I got he racks for the V35's off of another inmate. They cam off of a GSX650F. The racks fit perfectly as I understand the frames of the two bikes are nearly identical.

If you are searching for used racks, that might help to broaden your search...

Good luck.

-Incredulous
Incredulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #1524
Incredulous
Peanut Gallery
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: The O.V.
Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenerkeen View Post
just had to prove once again the first gen Bandit 1200 are the best looking of all ..Keener keen
Nice looking bike!

-Incredulous
Incredulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #1525
jub jub
frumiousbandersnatch
 
jub jub's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Central, GA
Oddometer: 12,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredulous View Post
JJ-

I got he racks for the V35's off of another inmate. They cam off of a GSX650F. The racks fit perfectly as I understand the frames of the two bikes are nearly identical.

If you are searching for used racks, that might help to broaden your search...

Good luck.

-Incredulous
Thanks for the info!
jub jub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #1526
beeper
Badger tickler
 
beeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredulous View Post
Nice looking bike!

-Incredulous

Thanks!

It's looking a little less glamorous right now though...


__________________
'12 F800GS
'00 Bandit 1200
'74 Honda CL360
beeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #1527
keenerkeen
Adventurer
 
keenerkeen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 74
beeper ...hope you do not mind me showing off your bike again
I have the same only a 1998 in black and did not have a pic to down load to show the great style lines the first gen 1200 Bandits have...
Keener
and bar ends are the only way to go
keenerkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:14 AM   #1528
beeper
Badger tickler
 
beeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenerkeen View Post
beeper ...hope you do not mind me showing off your bike again
I have the same only a 1998 in black and did not have a pic to down load to show the great style lines the first gen 1200 Bandits have...
Keener
and bar ends are the only way to go

Indeed..


__________________
'12 F800GS
'00 Bandit 1200
'74 Honda CL360
beeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #1529
TexanInSeattle
Gnarly Adventurer
 
TexanInSeattle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert
Oddometer: 321
Beeper, I have the exact same model and color. I was on the fence about the polished lip on the wheels but now I know for sure its the way to go.

I see you took your decals off too, was there any noticable fading?


Going to be installing an '89 750 intake cam this weekend, heres hoping I dont fuck anything up!
__________________
"Fucking computers! See all the trouble they cause!"
TexanInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #1530
beeper
Badger tickler
 
beeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanInSeattle View Post
Beeper, I have the exact same model and color. I was on the fence about the polished lip on the wheels but now I know for sure its the way to go.

I see you took your decals off too, was there any noticable fading?


Going to be installing an '89 750 intake cam this weekend, heres hoping I dont fuck anything up!


Yeah I love the way the wheels look after the strip and polish, well worth it.

No faded paint issue after decal removal. It's always been stored inside, even when ridden to work it spends it's idle time inside.

Looking at these pics again I like the way it looks with the fairing but I'm ready for a change to the naked look, the fairing is now carefully stored away to re-appear another day.
__________________
'12 F800GS
'00 Bandit 1200
'74 Honda CL360
beeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014