Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #706
cali
n00b

Oddometer: 5
best color 1200s

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeper View Post
Good score!! It's like a time capsule, still wearing it's original rubber. Same year and color as mine. Best looking of all the Bandits says me.

Cool. I bought mine about 4 yr ago with 18k on the clock for 2800. I now have over 40k on the clock. I have added HID's. russell steel braided lines,sargent seat, 12 accessory plug and a 52 liter GIvi box. Commute everyday on it. Awesome bike
cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #707
Vulturul cu Dinti
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_in_pittsburgh View Post
Hey all,

I have a 2000 Bandit 600, my 2nd bike.

Last fall, I cleaned and synched the carbs, and after a little fiddling (first time doing this) everything seems to work just fine. As far as I can tell, all jets/needles are stock. The exhaust is certainly stock.

I have noticed, however, a difference in fuel economy. I used to get 44-46 MPG. Now I notice that I'm getting between 33.5 and 42 MPG.

One possibility is that my riding style has changed. I now have about 6,000 miles on the bike and drive it very differently (more aggressive) than when this was my first >250cc bike.

This is what I've noticed:

1. When I drive it only to work (4 mile trip) and back all week, my gas mileage is terrible (about 33 MPG). Of course, it's generally cold in the morning, and I arrive at work before the engine is maximally hot.

2. If I take a 100+ mile day trip, then my mileage is much better (41-44 MPG). I used to get between 44-46 MPG, but I think I'm definitely driving it harder now - I don't exactly drive around with the tach at redline, but can get spirited in the twisties.

What do you guys think? Am I probably in a good range of fuel mileage, and just obsessing over non-important details? Am I just obsessing over minor things and should just go out, ride, and not think about this anymore?

Thanks!
Well, imagine that u split the 100 miles with stops and starts at each 2 miles, many accelerations and decellerations, very unefficient revs from 1100 to 3000 and u will have your 33 MPG! It will allways be a dif from city to off city. IMO

Cheers
Vulturul cu Dinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:10 AM   #708
Narrdo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Any good suggestions for a tank bag? Magnetic, straps, clipons? What works best?
Old 05-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #709
rollinrob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,497
Here's what I have for mine, it's magnetic, nothing to compare it to as it's the only tank bag I've bought. Just have to be super carefull not to get metel chips/flakes etc.. on the magnets, damage to the paint could happen.

Joe Rocket Rincon, low $$$, lots of room and a hydration bladder, back pack straps etc...

rollinrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #710
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?

Oddometer: 3,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narrdo View Post
Any good suggestions for a tank bag? Magnetic, straps, clipons? What works best?
Google "strap-on" and let us know what you find...

Improve your cosmic karma here!
ag_streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #711
Tripletreat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
The 2011 model year offers one with a full (er) fairing, and ABS as standard equipment. However, I have yet to see any mention of OEM panniers being offered on the bike as it's turned out for the US market. Odd. I'd think that Suzuki would do all possible to make this proven bike an attractive budget sport-tourer. Do you have to go aftermarket if you want luggage capacity on the 2011 Bandit?
Old 05-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #712
newride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 703
What year did the bandit go fuel injection?

My moto blog: http://jbloggie1.blogspot.com/
newride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #713
rollinrob
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newride View Post
What year did the bandit go fuel injection?
I believe 2007 was the year for 1250 cc's, water cooling and injection
Old 05-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #714
rollinrob
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripletreat View Post
The 2011 model year offers one with a full (er) fairing, and ABS as standard equipment. However, I have yet to see any mention of OEM panniers being offered on the bike as it's turned out for the US market. Odd. I'd think that Suzuki would do all possible to make this proven bike an attractive budget sport-tourer. Do you have to go aftermarket if you want luggage capacity on the 2011 Bandit?
I think the Suzuki luggage is re-branded Givi. For me it was cheaper to get the Givi luggage and not the luggage through Suzuki. With no fairing oil changes are a breeze, spin on oil filter.

Local dealer has a 2011 but 13,000 bucks after fees etc... is way to much, at least for me
Old 05-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #715
T0mW
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_in_pittsburgh View Post
Hey all,

I have a 2000 Bandit 600, my 2nd bike.

Last fall, I cleaned and synched the carbs, and after a little fiddling (first time doing this) everything seems to work just fine. As far as I can tell, all jets/needles are stock. The exhaust is certainly stock.

I have noticed, however, a difference in fuel economy. I used to get 44-46 MPG. Now I notice that I'm getting between 33.5 and 42 MPG.

One possibility is that my riding style has changed. I now have about 6,000 miles on the bike and drive it very differently (more aggressive) than when this was my first >250cc bike.

This is what I've noticed:

1. When I drive it only to work (4 mile trip) and back all week, my gas mileage is terrible (about 33 MPG). Of course, it's generally cold in the morning, and I arrive at work before the engine is maximally hot.

2. If I take a 100+ mile day trip, then my mileage is much better (41-44 MPG). I used to get between 44-46 MPG, but I think I'm definitely driving it harder now - I don't exactly drive around with the tach at redline, but can get spirited in the twisties.

What do you guys think? Am I probably in a good range of fuel mileage, and just obsessing over non-important details? Am I just obsessing over minor things and should just go out, ride, and not think about this anymore?

Thanks!

I also have a 2000 Bandit 600, with a 3 mile commute to work + 7 home (I take the long way home). The first mile is through town also :(
I usually get about 30 - 32 mpg also
T0mW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #716
Narrdo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinrob View Post

Joe Rocket Rincon, low $$$, lots of room and a hydration bladder, back pack straps etc...

Very Nice
Old 05-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #717
Narrdo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag_streak View Post
Google "strap-on" and let us know what you find...
Yikes!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:00 AM   #718
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripletreat View Post
It's interesting how you ppl (US) bitch about no suzuki-branded luggage, while
most here (EU) don't know and don't care if the "original" luggage exists or not,
we all use Givi and Kappa stuff. Not only because it's A LOT cheaper, but
most of the 'original' luggage is usually made by one of the two mentioned
brands anyway!

Given the choice of original vs aftermarket here, 90% of people would go
for aftermarket. Only Vespa owners buy the Vespa luggage

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #719
treybrad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
I bought the Suzuki luggage because it was about 20% cheaper than buying from Givi.

So, there's that.

trey
Old 05-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #720
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by treybrad View Post
I bought the Suzuki luggage because it was about 20% cheaper than buying from Givi.

So, there's that.

trey
Wow.

I can buy all 3 GIVI boxes for the price of ONE vespa/piaggio box for example.
Kappa is even cheaper.

My 35l kappa case was around $100, Givi maybe $130-140, add another $100-200. for mounts. Piaggio BV250 case w/ mounts would set you back $700!

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote