Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #91
KenB
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutch
Is there an aftermarket seat thats more suited for two up on the Bandit?
I bought Suzuki's gel seat and find it to be a huge improvement over the stock seat. My wife and daughter agree.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:19 AM   #92
DLdeano
Ridin' all I can

Oddometer: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutch
Is there an aftermarket seat that's more suited for two up on the Bandit?
I have the Sargent seat with the optional backrest. It is a great improvement over the stocker, and a really good looking option. IMO, the Bandit is not the best 2 up bike, but does well enough for day/short rides.
DLdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:50 AM   #93
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,419
I've had some female type friends on the back of my 07 Bandit's corbin seat for a few hundred miles for a few days and they didn't complain none. Said it was more comfy than the Corbin I had on my 06 DL1000. They were in their 40's and don't spare any verbal abuse when not satisfied. Even my 13 year old granddaughter mention the Bandit Corbin was better than the DL1000 but not as good as the R1150GS.

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:04 AM   #94
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,453
well it is looking like I may have to hold off on getting a DL this season. (since I am a builder and the House Mkt sucks right now, work is pretty sketchy.)

So it looks like my Bandit will have to pull off my 2-up tourer needs for this season. Not a bad thing but I will need to look at side cases.

I have found Shad cases and swmotech racks. http://www.cycleluggage.com/shad_24004.html

Has anyone here used these bags or dealt with the company that sells/distributes them.

Thanks for any input..David
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #95
Bamaboy
Day Rider

Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR
well it is looking like I may have to hold off on getting a DL this season. (since I am a builder and the House Mkt sucks right now, work is pretty sketchy.)

So it looks like my Bandit will have to pull off my 2-up tourer needs for this season. Not a bad thing but I will need to look at side cases.

I have found Shad cases and swmotech racks. http://www.cycleluggage.com/shad_24004.html

Has anyone here used these bags or dealt with the company that sells/distributes them.

Thanks for any input..David
Look at the Givi at twisted throttle might be a better price and they are tough! I have had one on my XT600 now for 3 years and gone down many dirt roads. It has never leaked and is still in good shape.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #96
Jeff49783
Private ASEL

Oddometer: 167
Found One

Well last week I finally found a 2009 Bandit ABS five hours from home. I was very impressed with the fit and finish, and the ergonomics worked for me. The shop was aware of only a few available in the state, and priced the bike accordingly. I made and offer (rejected) and left without the machine at 4PM.

My local store previously told me that he probably could not get me a Bandit ABS as there were only a few in the state. He could not reach his Suzuki Representative.

So while still in the parking lot of the store with the 2009, I called another shop that had a 2008 Bandit ABS and had a deal closed by 5PM. They delivered it to my home Saturday, 7 hours from the store, for $150.

I've managed to put 98 miles on it since Saturday. The bike has exceeded my expectations on all levels. It is my first real Japanese motorcycle, first inline 4, and the fastest machine I have owned. I don't feel that it will need more than hard luggage (ordered) and gas.

Thanks to all of you that contributed opinions and recommendations on the Bandit.

gone - 2008 Bandit 1250 ABS, 2006 XT225, 1995 K75RT, 2005 F650GS, 2005 R1200GS, 2003 R1150RT, 2001 R1100RS
Jeff49783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #97
EastSideSM
Isn't that dangerous?

Oddometer: 1,490
Bandit Blues

Jeff:

Congrats on the new steed. I had a 2001 1200N. I loved that bike. Great power and it looked great also. You wil have many miles of fun ahead. The only real weakness is the suspension. I swapped my front end for one off a GSXR and had a fox clicker shock on the back and a Remus Carbon fiber pipe (it sounded awesome without being obnoxious). It was a total sleeper and surprised a lot of folks. So if you plan on riding it more like a sport bike you might want to get the suspension sorted, but you'll be able to see after you ride it for a while and get comfortable with it. Have fun.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #98
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 10,296
Quote:
So while still in the parking lot of the store with the 2009, I called another shop that had a 2008 Bandit ABS and had a deal closed by 5PM. They delivered it to my home Saturday, 7 hours from the store, for $150.
How much mate and where are the PICS????
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #99
kutch
That fell off where?

Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid
How much mate and where are the PICS????
^^^^^^^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 03-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #100
T0mW
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
I was just at my local suzuki dealer last week and they had an 08 1250 non-abs for sale at a low price. I has my Bandit in for a "check-up". I think my ife would have shot me if I had come home with a new one, besides I am happy with the one I have now.

The dealer is http://www.sportcyclesuzuki.com/ in case anyone is intersted, and they still have the Bandit listed on their web page.
T0mW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #101
Jeff49783
Private ASEL

Oddometer: 167
It was about 8500 OTD (MI 6% sales tax). No pictures yet, but it is bone stock and black. I was out riding on the 2 warm (50 degrees) days so far.

gone - 2008 Bandit 1250 ABS, 2006 XT225, 1995 K75RT, 2005 F650GS, 2005 R1200GS, 2003 R1150RT, 2001 R1100RS
Jeff49783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #102
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,453
Well I ended up deciding I am keeping my bandit for a while.

Since it will be doing duty as my primary two up bike I added a 39L Givi monolock topbox and wing rack.

I also have been working on installing my stock air box instead of the holeshot K&N kit. I am waiting on the stage 1 jet kit to arrive as well as a db killer for the holeshot pipe. It is supposed to take 3-5 db off the pipe. Should make it a little better for long trips.

I will get a new pic up soon.
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:02 AM   #103
lagcam
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 731
Just picked up this '02 yesterday. All stock, one owner bike with 22,000 miles and meticulous dealer service records. Paid $3k. Hard to beat these things for value, IMO. Can't wait to get it out on the road.

lagcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:50 AM   #104
Ri-Ra
Burgeoning

Oddometer: 6,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagcam

Ha, that looks just like the blue 02 I picked up 12 hours ago, sans engine guard and tall screen. Nice, aint they?
Old 03-25-2009, 02:49 AM   #105
westnash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff92660
Well last week I finally found a 2009 Bandit ABS five hours from home. I was very impressed with the fit and finish, and the ergonomics worked for me. The shop was aware of only a few available in the state, and priced the bike accordingly. I made and offer (rejected) and left without the machine at 4PM.

My local store previously told me that he probably could not get me a Bandit ABS as there were only a few in the state. He could not reach his Suzuki Representative.

I've managed to put 98 miles on it since Saturday. The bike has exceeded my expectations on all levels. It is my first real Japanese motorcycle, first inline 4, and the fastest machine I have owned. I don't feel that it will need more than hard luggage (ordered) and gas.

Thanks to all of you that contributed opinions and recommendations on the Bandit.
Good bargaining....don't believe all the BS about bikes not available and so hot it is selling out. There are more of every bike than there are buyers. Make an offer and wait, you can get any motorcycle now for a good price.
westnash is offline   Reply With Quote