Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #1081
Steelybeast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Against The Wind View Post
My dealer has a 2007 Bandit 1250 with 10K miles for a decent price. I'm not very familiar with the various Bandit generations so I was wondering if this one's the latest one. I know for 2012 Suzuki has a new name, using the same engine.

Is it reliable and what are its negatives and known issues?
I have an '07 as my commuter bike and it's a great bike. Traded my Versys for it and never looked back.

It's a real torque monster and great for commuting with all that low end grunt. The upright, standard seating postition for me is a plus when sitting in stop and go traffic.

I also wanted it for short weekend trips for us.

No problems with it so far.

David
2008 Kawasaki Versys (past)
Two-Up, Two-Wheels, Two-gether:Switzerland
Steelybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #1082
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleyrider View Post
+1 probably one of the most under rated bikes on the market. TONS-O-TORQUE
That said, I've had a difficult time with resale. Apparently a little TOO under rated. I have no use for it when I head to Nicaragua, so it would be nice to be able to get some money out of it, but I refuse to give it away.

If anyone is in the market for a well farkled 07 non-abs in red (fastest color) let me know!

PS: couldn't afford Sargent/Corbin so I went with an Airhawk for my big trip. Very good option. Worked tremendously well for me.
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #1083
Valleyrider
I Survived The '60s

Oddometer: 1,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2c4c View Post
That said, I've had a difficult time with resale. Apparently a little TOO under rated. I have no use for it when I head to Nicaragua, so it would be nice to be able to get some money out of it, but I refuse to give it away.

If anyone is in the market for a well farkled 07 non-abs in red (fastest color) let me know!

PS: couldn't afford Sargent/Corbin so I went with an Airhawk for my big trip. Very good option. Worked tremendously well for me.
My experience as well... Tried to sell mine a year ago and best I could do was a dealer offer of $3,450. My '07 only had 5k miles on it at that time and it's the most fastestest "Black". I still have it and will not sell it at this point. Just too dang much fun to ride.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48000856@N06/
Valleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #1084
acdfan
day tripper

Oddometer: 132
new to here

Hi everyone, just finished reading all 73 pages of the thread. Picked up a 05 1200s. Looking for a handlbar setup that would remind me of my 05 bmw r1150rt-p, any suggestions? I have the renthal med road bars on my pad and the bikemaster daytona. I would rather not get the riser kit if I can get away with it. Recommendations? or maybe something on the shelf in the garage I can try?
Second project is the touring windscreen, looking at the zg sport tour...last( and by that i mean last farckle today...) will be the seat, looks like the sargent is in the lead for that. I will try to post a pic, we'll see how that works out....
Old 02-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #1085
rollinrob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleyrider View Post
My experience as well... Tried to sell mine a year ago and best I could do was a dealer offer of $3,450. My '07 only had 5k miles on it at that time and it's the most fastestest "Black". I still have it and will not sell it at this point. Just too dang much fun to ride.
I paid 5k for my 2007 with 6000 miles a couple of years ago, no luggage etc... Not a good deal but not a bad deal either.

The bike is great, did a 10 day trip last Sept. no problems, love the bike
rollinrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #1086
MerlotMax
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Just joined the Bandit party.

Was thinking about getting a bike for my lady and I to do some riding on this summer and came across a '01 Bandit 1200S w/23000 kms. at a local dealer. They must have run into curse of the Bandit (or crappy winter weather) also because the price had dropped from $3999 to $3299.

Bought it on Saturday and pick it up tomorrow. Everything seems stock except a Zero Gravity shield. Ran out nice on the test ride, though it was a bit limiting as the dealer is right in town. Looking at going with the First Gear's Laguna series of soft luggage, for the time being. We may sell the bike in a year when we move to the US. From what other people are writing about these bikes, it sounds like it could be a good mount for quite a few years. May be worth the investment to go with hard luggage if we take it with us.

I would be interested in your opinions on other gear or accessories could make this ownership experience more enjoyable. My lady and I plan to do a lot of two up riding, day and weekend trips. Case guards might be a good place to start. I am upgrading the headlight bulbs to Silver Star Ultra's.

Sorry for the photo size, was unable to re size before I posted.

MerlotMax screwed with this post 02-13-2012 at 12:43 PM
MerlotMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #1087
FUTURE
Left right out

Oddometer: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlotMax View Post
Was thinking about getting a bike for my lady and I to do some riding on this summer and came across a '01 Bandit 1200S w/23000 kms. at a local dealer. They must have run into curse of the Bandit (or crappy winter weather) also because the price had dropped from $3999 to $3299.

Bought it on Saturday and pick it up tomorrow. Everything seems stock except a Zero Gravity shield. Ran out nice on the test ride, though it was a bit limiting as the dealer is right in town. Looking at going with the First Gear's Laguna series of soft luggage, for the time being. We may sell the bike in a year when we move to the US. From what other people are writing about these bikes, it sounds like it could be a good mount for quite a few years. May be worth the investment to go with hard luggage if we take it with us.

I would be interested in your opinions on other gear or accessories could make this ownership experience more enjoyable. My lady and I plan to do a lot of two up riding, day and weekend trips. Case guards might be a good place to start. I am upgrading the headlight bulbs to Silver Star Ultra's.

I have a blue one same as yours. I found two up I had to change the location of the pillion footpegs and the shape of the seat.

See http://rossmz.blogspot.com.au/2011/1...anent-fix.html For how I moved the pillion pegs and http://rossmz.blogspot.com.au/2011/1...-up-knees.html For how I change the angle of the pillion seat. Then again your lady might find that standard back seat seat up to her liking. Mine did not. Then again we did go from a BMW R100LT tourer to the Bandit.
2009 Triumph Speedmaster.
FUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #1088
silverbandit1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 972
Quote:

For me the stock seat really was a a$$ killer and I had a Rick Mayer saddle made ... my butt thanked me

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to think "profiling" is worse than the slaughter of innocent people.... In memoriam, 9-11-01
-B.Tinsley-
silverbandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #1089
MerlotMax
Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTURE View Post
I have a blue one same as yours. I found two up I had to change the location of the pillion footpegs and the shape of the seat.

See http://rossmz.blogspot.com.au/2011/1...anent-fix.html For how I moved the pillion pegs and http://rossmz.blogspot.com.au/2011/1...-up-knees.html For how I change the angle of the pillion seat. Then again your lady might find that standard back seat seat up to her liking. Mine did not. Then again we did go from a BMW R100LT tourer to the Bandit.
She and I put about 125 kms on this afternoon, she was okay with the pegs at this point, But we can see where this peg mod could make thing more comfortable on longer runs. Thanks for the links to that and the seat.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #1090
MerlotMax
Adventurer

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbandit1 View Post
For me the stock seat really was a a$$ killer and I had a Rick Mayer saddle made ... my butt thanked me
Thanks for the heads up, could see having the seat redone for both her and I.

Quote:

Great idea on the rear pegs. We were out today for about 125 kms, no problem with that. I can see where moving could make things more comfortable for her on longer runs. Thanks for your links, nice work!

MerlotMax screwed with this post 02-14-2012 at 10:28 PM
Old 02-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #1091
FUTURE
Left right out

Oddometer: 742
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, could see having the seat redone for both her and I.

Great idea on the rear pegs. We were out today for about 125 kms, no problem with that. I can see where moving could make things more comfortable for her on longer runs. Thanks for you links, nice work!
Glad you liked it.
2009 Triumph Speedmaster.
FUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:21 AM   #1092
Bandit 1200
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Anyway of fitting same V-strom wheels to the Bandit? Just a thought. Might need new spacers etc. But at least would give access to semi-off road tyres that new BMWs etc come with.
i was wondering the same thing if you try it let me no how it works or what you would have to do.
Bandit 1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #1093
Bandit 1200
Adventurer

has anybody ever ran a small rear tire in the front im trying to find some more aggressive tires for my bandit and all i found some that have 130 and 120 size rear tires, and was wondering if i could put those in the front.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #1094
Bandit 1200
Adventurer

can you run a 160/60/17 on the rear of a bandit will it fit a 180/55/17 inch rim?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #1095
Steelybeast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Quote:
She and I put about 125 kms on this afternoon, she was okay with the pegs at this point, But we can see where this peg mod could make thing more comfortable on longer runs. Thanks for the links to that and the seat.
Before you order a new seat, you may want to look at Spencer's web site.

He's known for doing good work and has modified three seats for me and all have been a big improvement.

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

David
2008 Kawasaki Versys (past)
Two-Up, Two-Wheels, Two-gether:Switzerland
Steelybeast is offline   Reply With Quote