Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #1186
EastSideSM
Isn't that dangerous?

Oddometer: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNag View Post
Bandit Riders,

I am currently considering a Bandit 1200 as my next bike. I am looking at the older style 1997 - 2000.
I have read a lot of favorable reviws and I like what I am finding.

I am interested in learning about this inline 4 and the amount of Buzz \ Vibration felt through the bars.

Do these things buzz alot? what rpm? If yes, are there any known remedies or fixes for the ailment?

Would you say they buzz more than other 4's?

Thanks

Chris
Owned a 2001N, 1200, AWESOME BIKE! I had bar-ends in it, never really had any vibe issues. That motor was totally bullet proof, the only downside (once I sorted the suspension) to that bike was my rear tire bill!!!! One bike I wish I didn't sell.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #1187
DayTrippin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Who makes a good rear (tail) rack that will work with the Givi mounts? I have heard that a lot don't but I haven't been able to find the ones that do. I have a Givi trunk or 2 I'd like to use on my Bandit if they will fit. I've also read a few things about some of the tail racks breaking but now I can't find the posts where they mentioned what models.

Mostly I want to use a trunk with my wife so she'll have some back support when on a trip. It is also pretty useful of course when in town and have room to carry something for the bike while keeping it narrow.
DayTrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #1188
CID
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayTrippin View Post
Who makes a good rear (tail) rack that will work with the Givi mounts?
Givi makes a good tail rack. I own one and personally recommend it. Twisted throttle sells them....
CID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #1189
Scrivens
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Time to put up a pic of mine:

Givi luggage, Oxford heated grips. 2 x 55W spots, Eastern Beaver fuse box, VStrom handguards, Rox Risers, lowered foot pegs, Givi touring screen and so on. Just wish the pillion rests weren't so high as none of my regular pillions can stand it for more than about an hour. I've put 9000km on it in the last 3 months and it hasn't even needed the chain adjusted.
Scrivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #1190
R-A-M-O-N
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
carb kits

Hey im still debating if selling my 96 600 is a good idea. While im still deciding i was wondering about the difference between an ebay carb kit versus buying oem parts. I know oem is always better but since the kit consists of orings and gaskets mostly i dont know if there would be much difference, the only parts i dont know about the quality are the float needle and pilot screw.

Anyone have any experience with carb kits? any brand in particular recommended or should only go for OEM?

Thanks.
R-A-M-O-N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #1191
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,488
The only place I trust for Bandit engine items - http://www.holeshot.com/

I have the Stage one kit in my B12 and it worked wonders.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #1192
JeffPM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Wow, that is set up really well! Nice job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrivens View Post
Time to put up a pic of mine:

Givi luggage, Oxford heated grips. 2 x 55W spots, Eastern Beaver fuse box, VStrom handguards, Rox Risers, lowered foot pegs, Givi touring screen and so on. Just wish the pillion rests weren't so high as none of my regular pillions can stand it for more than about an hour. I've put 9000km on it in the last 3 months and it hasn't even needed the chain adjusted.

'09 Suzuki DL650 WeeStrom
'09 Triumph Street Triple R
JeffPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #1193
Mexi-can't
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Decided to strip the paint off the wheel lip today and wash the big girl up.

Mexi-can't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #1194
R-A-M-O-N
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TAC View Post
The only place I trust for Bandit engine items - http://www.holeshot.com/

I have the Stage one kit in my B12 and it worked wonders.
Thanks, ive heard of them, ill check it out.
R-A-M-O-N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #1195
DayTrippin
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-can't View Post
Decided to strip the paint off the wheel lip today and wash the big girl up.
What rear rack are you using? Any issues with the subframe cracking in that area? Do you ever mount a top box on it?

What/how did you strip the paint off? It looks like you got a very even line around the edge. Kudos!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #1196
Mexi-can't
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayTrippin View Post
What rear rack are you using? Any issues with the subframe cracking in that area? Do you ever mount a top box on it?

What/how did you strip the paint off? It looks like you got a very even line around the edge. Kudos!

I'll post up some pics of the rack later today. The rear rack is homemade out of 1/8th" aluminum. Made a template out of cardboard, then sheet metal, then bent the aluminum in a brake. I run a cheapy JCW topcase and haven't had any signs of cracking. Still kicking around the idea of removing and making some sidecase mounts and then using the JCW bags.

For the wheels I just use duct tape on the inside of the wheel. This keeps the paint stripper from running in on the rest of the wheel. My wheels already had some scratches further in so I might strip it down to the next "lip" in later.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #1197
Mexi-can't
Gnarly Adventurer

Here's some pics of the rack. It's been on for a year or so and no cracks to the subframe. Our drive to the highway is almost a mile of dirt road so it's had it's share of shaking and vibration. 1/8th" aluminum bent in a brake then etched and painted. It's not the prettiest but it's functional. The topcase is a JCW cheapy.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #1198
DayTrippin
Adventurer

Something weird is going on with this thread. I updates to my email that Mexi-can't has posted but I can't see the post. It looks like he posted photos according to the update but I don't seem them in this thread. I followed the links to photobucket and the homemade rack looks pretty cool. Good job Mexi-can't and thanks for posting even though I can't see it here.

Anybody else not seeing the posts? I logged in and out and still no luck. Even weirder when I go to reply, then the photos show up. I also tried another browser.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #1199
Mexi-can't
Gnarly Adventurer

It's doing the same to me. I couldn't see my posts until you posted just now. Weird
Old 03-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #1200
DayTrippin
Adventurer

I think there was something else odd too. When I logout I see 80 pages of supposed Bandit info but when logged in it is only 30.