Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #1306
FUTURE
Left right out

Oddometer: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-can't View Post
I had those same mirrors but in black on the bike, ended up not liking them AT ALL. Couldn't tell what was behind me, is it a bus? a car? lol Went to a 3" round convex style so I can actually see.

I have found with the Renthal Ultra Lows I have fitted that these mirrors do not blur anywhere near as much as the ones on the fairing. Yes they are small. But I don't mind them at all.
2009 Triumph Speedmaster.
FUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #1307
yzmaico
Slacker

Oddometer: 301
I really like the naked look on a 1250s.

Has anyone tried to see how much total weight can be removed from a 1250s non ABS?

I would think between the center stand, front fairing assy, exhaust and a few incidentals one could get a 1250 down quite a bit.

I actually did a track day on my '09 First thing I thought was, man this fuckin thing feels heavy.
yzmaico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #1308
zoo mob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
I really like the look of the naked 1250 too and would love to go that way with mine. Anyone done the conversion or know of a detailed thread on it?
zoo mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #1309
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzmaico View Post
I really like the naked look on a 1250s.

Has anyone tried to see how much total weight can be removed from a 1250s non ABS?

I would think between the center stand, front fairing assy, exhaust and a few incidentals one could get a 1250 down quite a bit.

I actually did a track day on my '09 First thing I thought was, man this fuckin thing feels heavy.
The exhaust is probably as heavy as everything else you listed combined.
Too bad, since I love how quiet it is.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #1310
yzmaico
Slacker

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
The exhaust is probably as heavy as everything else you listed combined.
Too bad, since I love how quiet it is.
I completely agree. My exhaust is stock, came in handy on West 76 in Ga. The man was finishing up on some paperwork, didn't have the radar turned on and never heard us coming, rolled off the gas, got on the brakes and cruised right by at the speed limit...didn't even look up.

Quiet is good
yzmaico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #1311
OldManSandman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzmaico View Post
I completely agree. My exhaust is stock, came in handy on West 76 in Ga. The man was finishing up on some paperwork, didn't have the radar turned on and never heard us coming, rolled off the gas, got on the brakes and cruised right by at the speed limit...didn't even look up.

Quiet is good
Stealth is where its at - especially early mornings!
OldManSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #1312
rescueMAN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
I have a 95' 600, had it from new. It was THE budget bike to have then, 3400 (about $5100) here, great value.
Also, very likely best bike I've ever had, 50 mpg, cruises 80mph easy. Like most inmates here I've "doctored" it a little, but only basic stuff, hadguards of a V-Strom (they fit straight on), 30mm handlebar risers for more comfort AND makes the mirrors work more effectively, screen, hard luggage, mainstand (they didn't come with stand as standard), oh and an ADV sticker of course. I'll post some pics soon.
rescueMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:43 AM   #1313
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,601
I have an 01 Bandit 600s and I notice there was a little oil in two of the secondary air tubes.....what would cause this?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #1314
R-A-M-O-N
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Which tubes the ones that go to the cylinder, the one that comes from the air cleaner, etc? Most of the time if you get oil on the airbox or filter is because there was an oil excess and the overflow pass it through to the airbox. Mine doesnt have a second air fitted but i imagine it could be the same reason.
R-A-M-O-N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #1315
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,601
These tubes are below the header, they have exhaust film on them one per cylinder they have rubber hoses tied to them and go to a EGR type cluster then a hose to intake air box and carbs. Two of them had oil in them when I removed them....
Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #1316
FUTURE
Left right out

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTURE View Post
It has begun...

Bar end mirrors have arrived. This started an avalanche of stripping. Which is good as now I can start to make the instrument mounting bracket and have a good look at the wiring to see how to get the H4 single headlamp hooked into the harness.

Took about 3 hours.

When the wiring harness gets here from Eastern Beaver and the headlamp brackets from eBay I shall be fully naked.
While I wait for the last bit of this puzzle to arrive. The headlamp brackets. I have made up and remounted the Instruments. Used a bit of flat stock aluminium. Made a triangle contraption out of this aluminium. Mounted it to the bolts that hold the handle bars on at the steering stem. Then mounted to the bolts that hold the instruments to the full fairing bracket.

At this point in time I am not worrying about getting a set of "N" instrument pods. The "S" only has half pods. Painted the back of the instruments black and will see what that looks like one the single headlamp is on.

Can't take the fairing frame off and original headlamps just yet as the bike is my daily transport.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #1317
FUTURE
Left right out

Quote:
While I wait for the last bit of this puzzle to arrive. The headlamp brackets. I have made up and remounted the Instruments. Used a bit of flat stock aluminium. Made a triangle contraption out of this aluminium. Mounted it to the bolts that hold the handle bars on at the steering stem. Then mounted to the bolts that hold the instruments to the full fairing bracket.

At this point in time I am not worrying about getting a set of "N" instrument pods. The "S" only has half pods. Painted the back of the instruments black and will see what that looks like one the single headlamp is on.

Can't take the fairing frame off and original headlamps just yet as the bike is my daily transport.

Headlamp bracket arrived this arvo. Alloy brackets and the seller also put some stainless hex bolts in to replace the chrome plates ones. Lots of wires to pull back under the tank.

Tomorrow will wire in the harness for the headlamp and make brackets for the blinkers. Then the nakeding is done.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:45 AM   #1318
R-A-M-O-N
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Hobo View Post
These tubes are below the header, they have exhaust film on them one per cylinder they have rubber hoses tied to them and go to a EGR type cluster then a hose to intake air box and carbs. Two of them had oil in them when I removed them....
Im not familiar with that system since my bike luckily didnt come with it. Since that tubes come from the cylinder walls i wouldnt be all that worried of finding oil in them. Anyway you should know that 90% of the people throw the second air system away, it gives more room and if it affects performance is for good not worst.
R-A-M-O-N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #1319
SteelB12
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,125
Can someone save me from doing a google search: what bulb do i put in the low beam side of a 2003 bandit 1200?? Is it 9006???
Old 06-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #1320
FUTURE
Left right out

Quote:
Headlamp bracket arrived this arvo. Alloy brackets and the seller also put some stainless hex bolts in to replace the chrome plates ones. Lots of wires to pull back under the tank.

Tomorrow will wire in the harness for the headlamp and make brackets for the blinkers. Then the nakeding is done.

It is done. Wiring harness from Eastern Beaver could not have been easier to put in. I did have to cut into the bike's headlamp harness. Solder is my friend. The low beam is still on when the high beam is on. That I will fix later.

I had to fabricate some blinker brackets. No big drama. Had some flat aluminium stock laying around. Cut shape and drill and they are done.

When I took the fairing bracket off I noticed how heavy it is. I have taken the bike for a ride up and down the street and the front end feels so much lighter. Will have to adapt to this when it comes to spirited corning.

I did have some trouble getting the bike started after I put the tank back on. I don't know if it the fact that there was no fuel in the carbs or not. Prime setting on the fuel tap seemed to help as it took several goes to get it to fire up. Now that it is warmed up it starts and runs fine. As far as I know I connected everything back up the way it was.

I love the look. Very pleased with indeed.