Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #4381
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskajeff View Post
I've never heard of 'em
It's pretty cheap, I don't know if that says something about the quality, or that it's just a good deal.

A lot of people are sold on the Ricky stators.
I myself run one of these http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/G410.html
Have to say though, the directions were crap, tech support wasn't great either. And there was an extra hole for a wire in the grommet that wasn't used and wasn't plugged up. So first time I started it it was spewing oil out the grommet
Old 05-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #4382
kta
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvadorklr View Post
come down man! where are you now! we can have some great fun...cheers
My XR and I are living in Antigua Guatemala. So I'm pretty close.

The riding here is outstanding.
kta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #4383
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by kta View Post
My XR and I are living in Antigua Guatemala. So I'm pretty close.

The riding here is outstanding.
holy crap!

I just got my new plates and tarjeta, so we can meet up over there or here...

actually the bar is about 2 hours away from you...its on the border with guatemala

cheers!
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #4384
bamfslap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Is there a reason why the SuperTrapp is so popular with the 600R? My buddy's came with one and I noticed it on a lot of old pics of the 600R... was it the FMF power core of the time or something? It seems like a cool exhaust and sounds cool as hell, but it's dinged up. We're wondering if it's worth repairing or getting a newer pipe. I say repair it. ;)

PS, I think his stator might be upgraded. His lights were pretty damn bright at idle. If we check out his stator, how can I tell if it's stock/not upgraded? EDIT: I looked up some pics, so if it's stock it won't have all the spindle things wound with wire? Cool.
bamfslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #4385
zipper2680
couch traveller

Oddometer: 67
Good morning.....

Im swapping my front light for a H4 high/low beam headlight, but im experiencing some troubles...when i turn on the low beam, its ok (strong and bright). But when i turn high beam on, the light dims. I noticed that when on high beam, both low and high beam filament on the lamp, are turned on. When on low beam, that does not happen, only the low beam filament is on.

My previous setup used two H7 lamps, so i never experienced this problem.

-What i have done?

-Checked the high/low beam button.Its ok.
-Checked all connections. Used a wire to replace the connectors and connect it directly and the same happens.

Any help??

Im getting a little bit frustrated....
Old 05-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #4386
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

YEAH i FINISHED THIS TIME NOT BAD!

yeah finished the race!

1hr51min

60kilometers exactly

geeeze

I stalled twice on a rocky uphill section and once that happens its at least 10 minutes to get going again, not cause of jetting but picking the bike up and getting to a place to get a good kick takes time, so in the end I lost about 20 minutes...

so I drank some powerade and took a deep breath and continued on, got past by almost all my category mates but passed a couple by after...

in all I think I was second to last in my category, no biggie...I didnt crash and had FUN plus got a picture taken...

in the end its a bit of the same...the bike and my size just cant make it happen when the terrain becomes erzberg enduro hell like, I just cant get any traction and Im not tall enough to straddle and swing wildy from side to side and get up the hill...

BUT

I dont care

in the fast sections/straights, fire roads, etc...whoops, Im positive I was as fast or faster than all the smaller bikes

BTW

I was the biggest bike in a sea of 2strokes and small exc, tt, wrf, etc,,,

I was also the shortest of the riders...

anywhoo!

cheers

pics hopefully soon!

christian
Old 05-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #4387
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper2680 View Post
Good morning.....

Im swapping my front light for a H4 high/low beam headlight, but im experiencing some troubles...when i turn on the low beam, its ok (strong and bright). But when i turn high beam on, the light dims. I noticed that when on high beam, both low and high beam filament on the lamp, are turned on. When on low beam, that does not happen, only the low beam filament is on.

My previous setup used two H7 lamps, so i never experienced this problem.

-What i have done?

-Checked the high/low beam button.Its ok.
-Checked all connections. Used a wire to replace the connectors and connect it directly and the same happens.

Any help??

Im getting a little bit frustrated....
whats your stator output and h4 wattage?

is the h4 harness upgraded? I ask because there are high heat resitant and normal h4 wiring for small wattage bulbs, Im using an h4 harness with a dual beam 90/100 watt halogen...its on high all the time...

but I have a ricky stator with all the juice from one leg(100watts) straight through the ac regulator to the headlight.

I was told that If I didnt use the high grade/wattage harness that 100watts would melt the harness and do some damage

so far so good

cheers
Old 05-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #4388
nikolic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
yeah finished the race!

1hr51min

60kilometers exactly

geeeze

I stalled twice on a rocky uphill section and once that happens its at least 10 minutes to get going again, not cause of jetting but picking the bike up and getting to a place to get a good kick takes time, so in the end I lost about 20 minutes...

so I drank some powerade and took a deep breath and continued on, got past by almost all my category mates but passed a couple by after...

in all I think I was second to last in my category, no biggie...I didnt crash and had FUN plus got a picture taken...

in the end its a bit of the same...the bike and my size just cant make it happen when the terrain becomes erzberg enduro hell like, I just cant get any traction and Im not tall enough to straddle and swing wildy from side to side and get up the hill...

BUT

I dont care

in the fast sections/straights, fire roads, etc...whoops, Im positive I was as fast or faster than all the smaller bikes

BTW

I was the biggest bike in a sea of 2strokes and small exc, tt, wrf, etc,,,

I was also the shortest of the riders...

anywhoo!

cheers

pics hopefully soon!

christian
Thumb's up!
Old 05-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #4389
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,073
Quote:

Ever hear of BUMP starting your bike? Lots faster than kicking it.

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #4390
2manyrides
shifty charactor

Oddometer: 1,576
Right...
He's on a hill anyway.
Drag the front around and let gravity take over.

and here's my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/user/2manyrides?feature=mhsn#p/u
2manyrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #4391
zipper2680
couch traveller

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
whats your stator output and h4 wattage?

is the h4 harness upgraded? I ask because there are high heat resitant and normal h4 wiring for small wattage bulbs, Im using an h4 harness with a dual beam 90/100 watt halogen...its on high all the time...

but I have a ricky stator with all the juice from one leg(100watts) straight through the ac regulator to the headlight.

I was told that If I didnt use the high grade/wattage harness that 100watts would melt the harness and do some damage

so far so good

cheers
The H4 is a 60/55W regular lamp.My stator has been rewounded for more juice, All the mushrooms are rewounded to the maximum. I get a straight 14.4v DC and 11.8v AC wich is where the H4 is being fed..

The H4 harness has a ceramic bulb holder and all the wires have been upgraded for some with bigger diameter section.

Any more help?
Old 05-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #4392
dudemize
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hey gang,

I'm planning to look at an XR600 that I found on craigslist this afternoon. Here are the pictures I have.

Looks like it has an aftermarket tank, and dual sport kit. He told me the bike was running when he put it up, but has been sitting for a few months. He does have the title for the bike. I didn't think to ask what year it was, but it appears to be a late 90s model.

He's only asking $1100, seems like a decent deal if it's not a total piece of junk. Anything in particular that I should be looking for or should ask about? I used to own a 94 XR650L so I'm somewhat familiar with XRs, but that was about 12 years ago.

dudemize screwed with this post 05-27-2012 at 10:08 AM Reason: fix pictures
dudemize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #4393
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
Ever hear of BUMP starting your bike? Lots faster than kicking it.
dude that doesnt work when you cant get any traction...I know I dont have a high comp piston but that bump start only works on the street

ya know?

this stuff was rocks hidden under soft dark earth...

come ride don here....youll see

BUMPSTART! you crack me up
Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #4394
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22manyrides View Post
Right...
He's on a hill anyway.
Drag the front around and let gravity take over.
you guys are such pros!

I thought about doing it, but going down a hill that cost you all your strength to get halfway up well you know

anywhoo

thanks

ill try it next time jejeje
Old 05-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #4395
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,073
A XR will bump start in second or third gear in a heart beat. Just get rolling a teeny bit and drop the clutch and it's running again. The hell with kicking it. Turn her around and point 'n shoot. I thought the bike was supposed to do all of the work. You just hang on and go for the ride. At least that's how I ride mine.

Next time your up here we really need to go to Mendocino National Park for some riding.

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote