ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #4501
crispy1612
crispy
 
crispy1612's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: australia
Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
+1 on that. Start with the basics before throwing parts at it. Check the connections, ALL of the grounds and clean the bulb sockets. The very worst that will come from this is eliminating those items as a problem.

thnx bamfslap & JAB just want to throw it out there and see what people thought will give it a good going over and see what i come up with cheers guys
crispy1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #4502
Hillskiller
Adventurer
 
Hillskiller's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Genova
Oddometer: 10
I'm looking for a ims 4 gallon tank, someone is selling one or can recommend a good shop to buy it even from italy?
thanks
Hillskiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:42 AM   #4503
2manyrides
shifty charactor
 
2manyrides's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Citrus Heights Ca.
Oddometer: 1,583
A little bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvadorklr View Post
dude do you guys read?
damn
in the states
damn
geeeeeeeze
Thanks, I am taking some more schooling. Maybe some day...I'll completely literate...

SIDE NOTE;
Up early today just waiting for my buddy to roll in with the pick-up truck...
Today is an OHV adventure at Rock Creek.
I'll be utilizing Steve's second gear cluster again!

STAND BY FOR RESULTS>>>

__________________
too many...
I have completely lost count

and here's my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/user/2manyrides?feature=mhsn#p/u
2manyrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #4504
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: el salvador
Oddometer: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillskiller View Post
I'm looking for a ims 4 gallon tank, someone is selling one or can recommend a good shop to buy it even from italy?
thanks

ill sell you mine! jajajaja
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #4505
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: el salvador
Oddometer: 4,076
hey 22 many? nice goop!

what did you do to the engine?

cheers
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #4506
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: el salvador
Oddometer: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
+1 on that. Start with the basics before throwing parts at it. Check the connections, ALL of the grounds and clean the bulb sockets. The very worst that will come from this is eliminating those items as a problem.

yup good advice

dialectric grease on all connection even though there are very few makes a difference too

also never powerwash the bike,

its amazing what a little bit if water say at the sparkplug cap will do for wonky idling, non start etc...

but its always good to have spares

I now have a spare stator, cdi, coil, plug caps, etc...ejejeje

cheers
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #4507
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: el salvador
Oddometer: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22manyrides View Post
Thanks, I am taking some more schooling. Maybe some day...I'll completely literate...

SIDE NOTE;
Up early today just waiting for my buddy to roll in with the pick-up truck...
Today is an OHV adventure at Rock Creek.
I'll be utilizing Steve's second gear cluster again!

STAND BY FOR RESULTS>>>


well be waiting for the ride report!

have fun!

christian
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #4508
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer
 
mcma111's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco,Ca.
Oddometer: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvadorklr View Post
hey 22 many? nice goop!

what did you do to the engine?

cheers

This is from when I replaced his noisy second gear set. I reused the rocker cover gasket with a dose of sealant. NO leaks. Why pay $35.00 to $40.00 for a steel gasket when a dollar or two of sealant is all you need. After the sealant sets up for a while or overnight you can just pick the excess off like a long rubber booger. And yes the excess on the inside does stay in place and does not fall off and clog up passage ways or screens and such.
__________________
Steve in SF

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #4509
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
deejay_xr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Netherlands
Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
This is from when I replaced his noisy second gear set. I reused the rocker cover gasket with a dose of sealant. NO leaks. Why pay $35.00 to $40.00 for a steel gasket when a dollar or two of sealant is all you need. After the sealant sets up for a while or overnight you can just pick the excess off like a long rubber booger. And yes the excess on the inside does stay in place and does not fall off and clog up passage ways or screens and such.
Steve, what's the name of the sealant you use?
I've tested out a few to find one that I like, still no clear winner for me so far ...
__________________
'87 XR600R, 17's and fully black
deejay_xr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #4510
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer
 
mcma111's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco,Ca.
Oddometer: 11,188
Back in the day I used to use Yamabond. Then there was Hondabond. Finally my buddy who is a Ford Master Tech brought me some Motorcraft silicone sealant and that's what I have been using for quite a while. Available at any Ford dealer.

This is what I was able to find for a picture:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MOTORCR...-/260883003608
__________________
Steve in SF

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #4511
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
deejay_xr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Netherlands
Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
Back in the day I used to use Yamabond. Then there was Hondabond. Finally my buddy who is a Ford Master Tech brought me some Motorcraft silicone sealant and that's what I have been using for quite a while. Available at any Ford dealer.

This is what I was able to find for a picture:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MOTORCR...-/260883003608
Thanks !

I'll have a look-see for what ebay has to offer

Ford dealers here are not the Ford dealers you have over there
__________________
'87 XR600R, 17's and fully black
deejay_xr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #4512
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer
 
mcma111's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco,Ca.
Oddometer: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay_xr View Post
Thanks !

I'll have a look-see for what ebay has to offer

What? They don't sell Fords in Holland??
__________________
Steve in SF

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #4513
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: el salvador
Oddometer: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
This is from when I replaced his noisy second gear set. I reused the rocker cover gasket with a dose of sealant. NO leaks. Why pay $35.00 to $40.00 for a steel gasket when a dollar or two of sealant is all you need. After the sealant sets up for a while or overnight you can just pick the excess off like a long rubber booger. And yes the excess on the inside does stay in place and does not fall off and clog up passage ways or screens and such.
yup thats what I did too followig your advice!

just not so much waste!

you know

stuff aint cheap down here! jajaja

too bad I ran out of the ford stuff

cheers

HEY WISH ME LUCK

THEY ARE DOING A VIDEO SHOOT from a local news channel program for tourism,at the bar, tomorrow I get intervied and all!

heres hoping!


christian
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #4514
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
deejay_xr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Netherlands
Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
What? They don't sell Fords in Holland??
Sure they do, but when I think of an American Ford, I think F-150 and such.

The quintessential Ford in Holland is a Mondeo or a Focus

Different bag ...

Damn, none of the goop to be had on Ebay
__________________
'87 XR600R, 17's and fully black
deejay_xr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #4515
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: el salvador
Oddometer: 4,076
hey deejay I had good luck with VERSACHEM MEGA GREY on the base gasket and also on the rocker cover like the pic above

it works!

cheaper but definitely a step above permatex and all that crap...

my 2c

p.s. not as good consistency as the ford stuff but hey! something

also works better if you heat cycle the engine a couple of times to cure it after letting it sit 24 hours...
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014