ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #5911
benno.h
cageracer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Brisneyland, Arse-Trailer.
Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbi69 View Post
you can use a smallblue neon light for the highbeam indicator. they work on ac
Hm ok I might look into it. What do they look like?

I have just cannabilised the stock speedo unit and harvested a few bulb sockets and the indicator/high beam light panel. I might try and figure out how to integrate that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
I'll step out on a limb here and state that bikes without kick starters are just plain gay, for pansies, ladyboys, and suchlike. Furthermore, they should have to ride at the back, not speak until spoken too, and set everyone else's tents up, then cook and wash up afterwards, before sitting up all night guarding the real men's bikes.
benno.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #5912
lookfar
from the land of OZ
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Cairns, FNQ
Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by benno.h View Post
Hm ok I might look into it. What do they look like?

I have just cannabilised the stock speedo unit and harvested a few bulb sockets and the indicator/high beam light panel. I might try and figure out how to integrate that.
Does the stock speedo unit still work? I am after one for my resto.

The one that I have is buggered.
__________________
Stu in FNQ
The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional.
1985 XL250R
1985 XL600R 1988 XR600
lookfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #5913
Alaskajeff
Beastly Adventurer
 
Alaskajeff's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Palmer, ALASKA
Oddometer: 1,086
Braided front brake hose

What is a good source to find a braided steel brake hose for the front of my 88 XR600? What is everyone else using, and where did you get it? I am planning on flushing the system and adding new fluid (who knows how long the fluid thats in it has been there) so I might as well replace the stock hose with something better.
__________________
Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
2011 Verys ADV
92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
Alaskajeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #5914
kirbi69
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Aransas Pass, Texas ( near Corpus)
Oddometer: 219
you need something like this. its what i use. found one at a local autoparts store. radioshack or someplace similar might have one.

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/m...88-595099.html
__________________
1994 XR600R dual sport
kirbi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #5915
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 7,587
Anyone want an 88 non disc swing arm? Just need to get shit out of the way. If you throw me some cash ill leave the linkage on it....
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #5916
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 7,587
I also have some 88 maybe forks. The axle is 15mm.
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #5917
Jabba600
WA Adventurer
 
Jabba600's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Perth WA
Oddometer: 111
Fork swap again

Hi guys
i have bought a set of 95 cr250r forks and need the specs to put them on my XR600 96
which clamps should i buy (i only bought forks)
can i use my XR wheel axle speedo drive brakes on the CR forks
i presume i just press out the CR stem machine to suit bottom and top XR bearings and bolt it all together,
cheers
Jabba
Jabba600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #5918
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 7,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba600 View Post
Hi guys
i have bought a set of 95 cr250r forks and need the specs to put them on my XR600 96
which clamps should i buy (i only bought forks)
can i use my XR wheel axle speedo drive brakes on the CR forks
i presume i just press out the CR stem machine to suit bottom and top XR bearings and bolt it all together,
cheers
Jabba
I can turn the stem for you or I can send the spec sheet so you can take it to a shop for them to do. That way you can use XR bearings on the CR/CRF triples and so on.
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #5919
Jabba600
WA Adventurer
 
Jabba600's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Perth WA
Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
I can turn the stem for you or I can send the spec sheet so you can take it to a shop for them to do. That way you can use XR bearings on the CR/CRF triples and so on.
If you could PM me the spec sheet that would be great as I have access to a lathe
Jabba600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #5920
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 7,587
Ok. Gimme a day or two. I have to start my computer to get the link. And I don't plan on doing that until its time to go back to work.
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:38 AM   #5921
Mike the Yank
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: MILLJURAH Vic. Aus
Oddometer: 272
Question mid range stumble

Any quick advice on a mid-range stumble? While in the middle of a ride sometimes my BRP sounds like it wants to cut out, I just gas it and it gets through. Or I gear up and it chugs on like the tractor it is but I always wonder why it doesn't want to run clean in the midrange?
Mike the Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #5922
Royal Club
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Royal Club's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
I can turn the stem for you or I can send the spec sheet so you can take it to a shop for them to do. That way you can use XR bearings on the CR/CRF triples and so on.
watch out with milling down stems..
Royal Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #5923
JAB
Unsprung Weight
 
JAB's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Beautiful Monrovia
Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike the Yank View Post
Any quick advice on a mid-range stumble? While in the middle of a ride sometimes my BRP sounds like it wants to cut out, I just gas it and it gets through. Or I gear up and it chugs on like the tractor it is but I always wonder why it doesn't want to run clean in the midrange?
Any chance you are rich on the needle? Is this a new issue? Have you made any other changes to the bike?
__________________
1991 Honda XR628R
1978 Yamaha XT500
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #5924
Dino3310
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: waikato gravel and sand
Oddometer: 672
i had a simular stumble after a rebuild, was running a 1mm o/s with old stock jets, i put the scott summers size jets in and the stumble went away and performance was better all round... i think mine just wasnt getting enough gas, although in the past i have had choke problems(sticking) to have the same effect
Dino3310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #5925
Mike the Yank
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: MILLJURAH Vic. Aus
Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
Any chance you are rich on the needle? Is this a new issue? Have you made any other changes to the bike?
New problem, just started to act up. I don't have a temp gauge but it could be only when it gets hotter as it doesn't seem to do it when it is cold.
Mike the Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014