User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #6301
2manyrides
shifty charactor

Oddometer: 1,583
Hey Mutant,

There's no mention about the FET's current rating.

Your wiring dio looks to be the same as in my install guide.

and here's my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/user/2manyrides?feature=mhsn#p/u
2manyrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #6302
Royal Club
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvadorklr View Post
anyone? bike will not restart...

only after it cools down a bit...

when this happened befiore it was due to a rich pilot...BUT dont know...just seems off

valves are in spec
carb has no intake leaks...

ive replaced all pertinent parts in the carb related to issue like the acv, float valve...needle...jets...gaskets etc...

anybody have an idea of what the hrc cam would need pilot jet wise? it obviously needs something different as when I took this carb off it started fine cold and hot...

sorry to repeat myself so much but Im so tired of alwasy fiddling with the bike instead of hopping on it and just go....

when the bike runs however it rips...maybe play with the needle a bit but it rips...
I had the same problem with mine when the temperatures dropped to around 0. Cold start was do-able, hot start a crisis..

What I did was close the fuel to off. grab the manual decompressor, hold the killswitch and kick it a couple of tims (6~10) then open fuel to ON again. and try to kick it.. worked for me. Problem disappeared after the temperatures got milder..
Royal Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #6303
Ghost_Mutant
looking for bionics

Oddometer: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22manyrides View Post
Hey Mutant,

There's no mention about the FET's current rating.

Your wiring dio looks to be the same as in my install guide.

I'm not surprised by that as I rarely see such info published on these things. Thanks a bunch for checking. I was just curious if it would handle different bulb(s) with higher wattage requirements. I have an idea on what components might be inside the FET box, but since they cannot be replaced anymore, I won't be opening mine up to find out
Ghost_Mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #6304
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22manyrides View Post

stock + cared for =

Mods, hop ups ect =
fixed.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:32 AM   #6305
lookfar
from the land of OZ

Oddometer: 575
What is it with Supertrap mufflers?

Everybody seems to love them, I haven't seen an American bike without one for a very long time...

It appears to me, that amongst other things,, they cleverly divert some of the hot exhaust gasses directly on to
our expensive plastic bits, and either cover them in black soot, or melt them into an unrecognisable sculpture.

Maybe I am just an old bushie and ex-ringer, but I can't see for the life of me why one would want to purposely, albeit unintentionally destroy or damage one's bike......
1985 XL250R
1985 XL600R 1988 XR600
lookfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #6306
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Club View Post
I had the same problem with mine when the temperatures dropped to around 0. Cold start was do-able, hot start a crisis..

What I did was close the fuel to off. grab the manual decompressor, hold the killswitch and kick it a couple of tims (6~10) then open fuel to ON again. and try to kick it.. worked for me. Problem disappeared after the temperatures got milder..
thanks,

thats pretty much the honda drill...when hot do de flood it and get some clean air in you hold the throttle wot, kill switch and decomp and cycle through about 10-15 times

used to work like a charm

however having put the hrc cam im assuming it has thrown even my pilot circuit off...

I too thought kikcback was a rich issue...my plug does look darker after doing the idle adjustment before shutdown...

in any case thanks guys

just more tinkering to do huh?

cheers
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #6307
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
fixed.
jeje you fixed the faces however my bike not! jajaja

any ideas

jet down on pilot?

I do agree withy 22 many just thought that a little modding after all the suspension mods would be the way to go. however the mods HAVE made the bike go wow!!!!!!! jajaja
Old 11-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #6308
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookfar View Post

Everybody seems to love them, I haven't seen an American bike without one for a very long time...

It appears to me, that amongst other things,, they cleverly divert some of the hot exhaust gasses directly on to
our expensive plastic bits, and either cover them in black soot, or melt them into an unrecognisable sculpture.

Maybe I am just an old bushie and ex-ringer, but I can't see for the life of me why one would want to purposely, albeit unintentionally destroy or damage one's bike......
the sound was one reason...they also were the only ones who made a pipe for the dual header xrs... like you though I do not like the discs and the way they soot up the whole rear end, plus they are loud! so I havent bought one for my 88 despite the fact that it would work

most recently mental guru posted a link to the trioval mufflers for our years made in italy...waiting on some reviews to see what they are like

anywhoo
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #6309
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

so I had a 60 in there not a 62! geeze...put in a 62 since I dont have a leaner pilot jet and it starts better...

im at 1.5 tuns out...

so would a lean condition cause a no start more so than a rich pilot jet? just wondering

I got 1 kickback but thats a lot less than before

restarted 3 times after that using the drill and she started

oh how interesting this can be! jjajajajaja
Old 11-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #6310
duxrneet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
Jeez, Christian. You're doing an awesome job of "if it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!"
On a side note, I doubt if a rich pilot was preventing you from starting. Lean is usually the problem! I'm most of the way through sorting my FCR, so I'm in a carbie frame of mind right now.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #6311
Mike the Yank
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
the sound was one reason...they also were the only ones who made a pipe for the dual header xrs... like you though I do not like the discs and the way they soot up the whole rear end, plus they are loud! so I havent bought one for my 88 despite the fact that it would work

most recently mental guru posted a link to the trioval mufflers for our years made in italy...waiting on some reviews to see what they are like

anywhoo
Have you seen the "Staintune" that came on the Aussie 6's? Very nice piece, nice note with or without baffle.

BTW, that phone call last month only cast me $13 gotta love Telstra!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #6312
Royal Club
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxrneet View Post
Jeez, Christian. You're doing an awesome job of "if it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!"
On a side note, I doubt if a rich pilot was preventing you from starting. Lean is usually the problem! I'm most of the way through sorting my FCR, so I'm in a carbie frame of mind right now.
On that lean = problem note, isnt that the same reason why the pig will break your leg if you open the throttle while kicking it over? as in, more air = lean = cast for zeh leg?

Royal Club screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 01:50 PM
Royal Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #6313
JAB
Unsprung Weight

Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookfar View Post

Good point. Have you seen this eyebrow thingie? Use it to deflect the exhaust gas away from the plastic. Google Supertrapp deflector to find out more.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #6314
lookfar
from the land of OZ

Oddometer: 575
Quote:

anywhoo
There is also Musket Mufflers in New Zealand. They have the full range of reproduction factory mufflers to suit our Hondas and others.

I have one on my XL6. It is a very well constructed and solid muffler, bolts up to the original mounting points.

Linky...

http://www.musket.co.nz/musket.asp
1985 XL250R
1985 XL600R 1988 XR600
lookfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #6315
Alaskajeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
Good point. Have you seen this eyebrow thingie? Use it to deflect the exhaust gas away from the plastic. Google Supertrapp deflector to find out more.

It works marginally OK. I had one and it still allowed some sooting on fender I finally removed my Supertrapp and went with a nice DG silencer that has a pretty mean growl to it. NOT as loud as my Supertrapp even after it was repacked. I do not have the OEM dual header any longer so the options for replacement silencers are more plentiful.
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
2011 Verys ADV
92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
Alaskajeff is offline   Reply With Quote