ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 40 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #1771
Daz-o-matic
HOT POOP
 
Daz-o-matic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver/Fort St John, BC
Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxNix View Post
Heading to Bagram for 6 months and would like to have a bomb proof reasonably priced watch. Specifically an analog (quartz or auto) GMT for less than a grand. The second time zone must be analog- no digital second time zone.

Anyone know of such a watch?
http://www.gshock.com/watches/Aviation/GW3000BB-1A
Daz-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #1772
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer
 
tslewisz's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Oddometer: 2,356
New arrival. Don't know if it's Bomb Proof; I rather doubt it. However, I love the way it wears:



The genius of design sold me:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f54/vos...gy-491757.html
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #1773
Buccleuch
Resistance is futile.
 
Buccleuch's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: DFW, Texas
Oddometer: 1,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxNix View Post
Heading to Bagram for 6 months and would like to have a bomb proof reasonably priced watch. Specifically an analog (quartz or auto) GMT for less than a grand. The second time zone must be analog- no digital second time zone.

Anyone know of such a watch?
I have a Momo Design Pilot GMT that I've been impressed with. ETA 2893/2 automatic GMT movement, titanium case with sapphire crystals front and back. With the hard black rubber strap (with butterfly deployment clasp), the wristwatch wears VERY light, almost like it's not there. Very comfortable. Lume is good after a good charge.

On WoW, you should be able to score one easily for under $700.



W.A.
Buccleuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #1774
xring04
Gnarly Adventurer
 
xring04's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: East Tn.
Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
New arrival. Don't know if it's Bomb Proof; I rather doubt it. However, I love the way it wears:



The genius of design sold me:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f54/vos...gy-491757.html
I have one on it's way from Russia, I can't wait.
xring04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #1775
redsport
Web Adventurer
 
redsport's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by xring04 View Post
I have one on it's way from Russia, I can't wait.

What is an online source for these?
__________________
Kurt
redsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #1776
Terrytori OP
Namaste
 
Terrytori's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
Oddometer: 1,827
Oh look... an actual Bombproof Watch!

http://m.cnet.com.au/kaventsmann-tri...52.htm?redir=1
__________________
2013 Ninja 300 ABS, '11 883 Iron ( kicked to 1200), 2013 KTM 690 Duke

http://www.secordgallery.com/gallery...2_itemId=35642
Terrytori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #1777
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer
 
tslewisz's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Oddometer: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsport View Post
What is an online source for these?
I got mine from Ebay seller zenitar.
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:49 AM   #1778
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer
 
Tripl Nikl's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Western Washington
Oddometer: 2,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccleuch View Post
On WoW, you should be able to score one easily for under $700.



W.A.
Someone posted some pics of a bracelet model here (I searched after seeing your post): http://www.watchfreeks.com/view_topi...36&forum_id=36

That's a good looking watch! I had good luck with WoW when I got my Invicta 9937. I don't like their price fluxations, but if the deals a good one, they seem like a reasonable vendor.

I don't usually like rubber bands, but it might work in real life (it's personal preference because they feel "hot," meaning they don't breath well for me). I think a deployment style race/rally want with contrast black stitching would look the tits on that watch though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
New arrival. Don't know if it's Bomb Proof; I rather doubt it. However, I love the way it wears:

The genius of design sold me:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f54/vos...gy-491757.html
Cool read, thanks for posting it!

Tripl Nikl screwed with this post 03-23-2013 at 06:56 AM
Tripl Nikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #1779
redsport
Web Adventurer
 
redsport's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
I got mine from Ebay seller zenitar.
Thanks. This is just what I needed, another temptation.
__________________
Kurt
redsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #1780
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer
 
tslewisz's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Oddometer: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripl Nikl View Post

Cool read, thanks for posting it!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsport View Post
Thanks. This is just what I needed, another temptation.
Sorry, brother. It happens.
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #1781
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer
 
anotherguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: the hills
Oddometer: 6,190
My Seiko Orange Monster is turning out to be a great watch. Guess I've had it about 6 or 7 months. Looses about 50-60 seconds a month. Its a big (shiny) solid beefy hunk of stainless.

I'm sold on Japanese watches. BTW if you're on a budget Seiko has introduced the 2nd generation of the Monster that addresses the one problem I had with it. A hacking movement. So the 1st gen Monsters can be had at discount prices right now. I've seen $179 for a 1st gen Monster on the 'net.

I'd post an image but iPhoto and Photobucket suck. Yeah I know I'll be getting a Smugmug account soon enough. First in line is a good scanner.
__________________
A lie has no feet......it can't stand alone.............
Jason Newsted
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #1782
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer
 
tslewisz's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Oddometer: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
My Seiko Orange Monster is turning out to be a great watch. Guess I've had it about 6 or 7 months. Looses about 50-60 seconds a month. Its a big (shiny) solid beefy hunk of stainless.

I'm sold on Japanese watches. BTW if you're on a budget Seiko has introduced the 2nd generation of the Monster that addresses the one problem I had with it. A hacking movement. So the 1st gen Monsters can be had at discount prices right now. I've seen $179 for a 1st gen Monster on the 'net.

I'd post an image but iPhoto and Photobucket suck. Yeah I know I'll be getting a Smugmug account soon enough. First in line is a good scanner.
I love my Monsters. The black was my first auto.



tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #1783
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer
 
tslewisz's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Oddometer: 2,356
Wearing my other Vostok today, on a C&B NATO.
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #1784
bracky72
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Charles Town, West Virginia
Oddometer: 947
I haven't decided which one but I'm getting a Monster as my next watch. They are sharp!
bracky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #1785
drsales
Wondering Why
 
drsales's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Catawba Island, Ohio
Oddometer: 386
LUM TEC
__________________
New Knee, laid up until spring 2015
2012 R1200 GSA
drsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014