ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2011, 04:16 AM   #796
Opiy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
That sounds like it would be a fun ride.
Opiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:35 AM   #797
Rob Dirt OP
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiy View Post
That sounds like it would be a fun ride.
Come with us. They have a hotel, cabins, & tent camping. I'll be riding my KTM 450, but there's plenty to ride on Tarmac too. Plus Barbers is only 20 minutes away.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #798
spntshell
What! Where??!

Oddometer: 387
Stupid drivers

I park my bike in a parking space and the one to the right of me was avalible too, when I came out of the store this is what I find!!!!!
The lady got mad at me for taking a picture of her truck, and when I said my thoughts, she got in locked the doors and waited on me to leave

Old 10-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #799
mrprez
KJ4WMZ

Oddometer: 1,265
Some people just don't have a clue. Did she say anything to justify her parking skills?
Old 10-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #800
spntshell
What! Where??!

No she just went off on me for taking the picture????, and I told her she could find the pic on this site and south alabama motorcycle society web site too with a tone I might add thats when she locked the doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprez View Post
Some people just don't have a clue. Did she say anything to justify her parking skills?
Old 10-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #801
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by spntshell View Post
I park my bike in a parking space and the one to the right of me was avalible too, when I came out of the store this is what I find!!!!!
The lady got mad at me for taking a picture of her truck, and when I said my thoughts, she got in locked the doors and waited on me to leave

Look, you have no right to park there cause you ride one of them mudercycle things... its really that simple. You should know better....and how dare you be offended by anything a trucking driving lady would do...

I have several business cards printed up that I carry with me (easy on the computer) for occasions like this. It says;

THANKS !
For taking two parking places
You inconsiderate bastard/bitch

I just slip it under the wiper blade

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #802
spntshell
What! Where??!

I'm sorry I will park out in the back next time...My bad

Lady She had a impresive herd of kids that was playing around it too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Look, you have no right to park there cause you ride one of them mudercycle things... its really that simple. You should know better....and how dare you be offended by anything a trucking driving lady would do...

I have several business cards printed up that I carry with me (easy on the computer) for occasions like this. It says;

THANKS !
For taking two parking places
You inconsiderate bastard/bitch

I just slip it under the wiper blade
Old 10-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #803
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,772
Spntshell,

Glad you took my comment the way it was intended. Some people dont understand scarcasm.

Feel free to print cards for your own use. I am always surprised how many I give away each year!

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #804
spntshell
What! Where??!

I got it and thought it was funny....Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Spntshell,

Glad you took my comment the way it was intended. Some people dont understand scarcasm.

Feel free to print cards for your own use. I am always surprised how many I give away each year!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #805
spntshell
What! Where??!

"Goosfraba"
Old 10-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #806
Opiy
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Come with us. They have a hotel, cabins, & tent camping. I'll be riding my KTM 450, but there's plenty to ride on Tarmac too. Plus Barbers is only 20 minutes away.
What are the details of this ride? I am interested since it will give me a reason to ride the Bham area ( I like it up there and miss it).

Larry
Old 10-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #807
bobafet
Boba Fett

Oddometer: 124
I am amazed at how people see things. I had an idiot run a stop sign (Dawes lane extension and McFarland) and stop half way into the intersection because I happened to be in his way (did I mention the HE ran the stop sign?) since I had to hit the brakes while trying desperately to turn away from the oncoming grill of his truck. As I started moving again (making a left on to McFarland) I kind of looked at him with a "what are you doing?" look and the guy was scowling at me and started to make a gesture with his fist. It seemed that he was pissed at me because I looked at him. I made no gesture at all other than look him in the eye. If I have nearly killed someone I would be hanging my head. This dude was in a rage. Go figure.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #808
spntshell
What! Where??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafet View Post
I am amazed at how people see things. I had an idiot run a stop sign (Dawes lane extension and McFarland) and stop half way into the intersection because I happened to be in his way (did I mention the HE ran the stop sign?) since I had to hit the brakes while trying desperately to turn away from the oncoming grill of his truck. As I started moving again (making a left on to McFarland) I kind of looked at him with a "what are you doing?" look and the guy was scowling at me and started to make a gesture with his fist. It seemed that he was pissed at me because I looked at him. I made no gesture at all other than look him in the eye. If I have nearly killed someone I would be hanging my head. This dude was in a rage. Go figure.
WOW that is scarry but I really admire your composure, I am working on mine but I suck at it....I was calm till she got mad at me then I lost it, I know I should have been more composed about it but I got stupid....
Old 10-20-2011, 03:17 AM   #809
Opiy
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spntshell View Post
WOW that is scarry but I really admire your composure, I am working on mine but I suck at it....I was calm till she got mad at me then I lost it, I know I should have been more composed about it but I got stupid....
I tend to laugh at people when they get pissed which I don't think helps their anger one bit
Old 10-20-2011, 03:51 AM   #810
AST236
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafet View Post

What's up buddy. Long time no see. How's the 'Strom?

I don't like sand.
AST236 is offline   Reply With Quote