ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2007, 05:12 AM   #1
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,560
D.O.G. Dualsporters Of Georgia

FOR TUNA.

By Phideaux...

.....PLEASE HEED MY WARNING......DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT get involved with those DOGs guys! They are very dangerous, tell lots of lies and take you to places you don't really want to go. They make you ride thru nasty stuff and get your bike all dirty and they laugh at you if your bike decides to take a nap. I've even seen a DOG almost in hysterics when a GS ( you do have a GS don't you?) fell asleep in a cold wintertime watercrossing. They go camping sometimes and consume beverages that make them act all wierd and stuff. somehow their tents move about in the middle of the night and bikes wander off into the woods all by themselves. They do this dirt tracking thing around the campfire too at some cult hideaway called TWO. If you happen to wind up at TWO while this nasty crowd is there and you feel you must shower...DO NOT drop the soap. , well at least don't pick it up if you do...there may be a kwer or two hangin around up there ...ya never know. They also take pictures of themseves doing stupid stuff and even post those pictures on the inter-tubes for the 'wrong people' to see....like wives,daughters and girlfriends. They're known for kidnapping some poor girl named Lilo. Bunch of leg-humpers. They play childish games like tag too. And that Willy-B guy is always doing pop-a-wheelies and stuff. They've been known also to associate with jeep drivers from South Carolina and banjo players from Kentucky, no astronauts yet (but its been close). English teachers...they even allow one of those in their group ! They've got this one guy that takes your picture and messes it up and stuff and puts your screen name on it for all to see...I tell you there is no honor amoung theives with these guys. Some of them have earrings, some tattoos . There's a biker-babe that hangs out with em over near Suches and she sometimes has to teach 'em a thing or two. Also I implore you not to eat any food offered by members of this motley crew ---Billy's Bar-B-Que or Clayton Clay's Chi-chi chilli or anything prepared in the cave located inside a red barn looking building at 60 and 180. Also...if you buy gas at Suches, well, you might want to keep that to yourself . You also may want to keep it kinda quiet if you ever trailer that GS ....some DOG's don't like no trailers. If you have a POS helmet to sell, don't you dare try to pawn it off to one of these clowns as a brand new piece of high tech safety gear. Lastly, if you have some real ugly blue shorts---well you probably ought not to wear those around that bunch of hoodlums, and whatever you do don't talk in no foreign accent or nothin like that.
You have been warned my friend. ....be very,very careful!!!

BTW----if you're one of those OLD guys ---don't expect no special consideration, respect or nuthin like that either...DAMHIK!!

flux_capacitor screwed with this post 11-14-2011 at 03:20 PM
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:16 AM   #2
unlawfulsm
Bearded Hooligan

Oddometer: 501
Good to see you back in good spirits FLux Think the wee could handle some those rides We need to get together and ride its been awhile. By the way...thanks for helping out in the charity run

Use Code- iFRLhicsrl4no

Great Deals on Gear
unlawfulsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:17 AM   #3
unlawfulsm
Bearded Hooligan

Oddometer: 501
Good to see you back in good spirits FLux Think the wee could handle some those rides We need to get together and ride its been awhile. By the way...thanks for helping out in the charity run

Use Code- iFRLhicsrl4no

Great Deals on Gear
unlawfulsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:19 AM   #4
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Where's that last pic? Earl's Ford?
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:19 AM   #5
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlawfulsm
Anytime dude. As Eek! the Cat used to say, "It never hurts to help." Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:22 AM   #6
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaM
Where's that last pic? Earl's Ford?
Actually, that one is Sandy Bottoms I think. We did find Earls Ford, which is a very cool road, but not possible to cross due to the heavy rains we got last week. People have told me it is crossable in the summer, so I will have to check that out. Sandy Bottoms is at the end of Joe Speed Road from my memory. There were MANY forest service roads in the area that were not on my map.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:27 AM   #7
lucky_strike
whose flux?

Oddometer: 2,655
it looked like all the "long" service roads were on the other side of the river. i wish that guy in the ranger would have treid to cross it

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809561
lucky_strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:27 AM   #8
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Actually, that one is Sandy Bottoms I think. We did find Earls Ford, which is a very cool road, but not possible to cross due to the heavy rains we got last week. People have told me it is crossable in the summer, so I will have to check that out. Sandy Bottoms is at the end of Joe Speed Road from my memory. There were MANY forest service roads in the area that were not on my map.
Yeah, you can cross that road, ton of riding up there, I had a lake house on Lake Rabun for about 20 years, I know all that stuff up in there, but from trout fishing, haven't been up there since I started riding again.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:31 AM   #9
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

It was a pretty cool place. I liked that I never really came across any big rocks in the middle of the trails, like I do in the Chattahoochee Forest. You can get some pretty good speeds....just watch out for gravel patches. If GaM says that river can be crossed, than I believe it. Good to know!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:33 AM   #10
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_strike
it looked like all the "long" service roads were on the other side of the river. i wish that guy in the ranger would have treid to cross it
I feel sorry for that poor truck's (no doubt) stock suspension. As an ex-Ranger owner, I can say that his truck most've bottomed out more than a couple times the way he was hitting those berms.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:56 AM   #11
Dags
I'm not British

Oddometer: 1,240
Tag

Flux how do I go about Tagging a KTM 525
Dags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:19 AM   #12
lucky_strike
whose flux?

Oddometer: 2,655
you cunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dags

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809561
lucky_strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:46 AM   #13
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dags
First of all, you're going to need an erector set...
Old 01-05-2007, 06:50 AM   #14
mel brooks
Dirt Chick

Oddometer: 1,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Last weekend we played around the Chattooga River, found some cool roads, and had some good times, as we always do.

Sweet! I grew up in that area on the SC side. Fished it a lot.

Be sure to give a post heads up when you guys do that area again, easily within driving distance for me.

Good to see you back Mark!

“Everytime I start thinkin’ the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out having a good time on motorcycles and it makes me take another look.”
Steve McQueen, On Any Sunday
mel brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:56 AM   #15
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,067
Good to see you back, Flux. I was just talking with Kuntz the other day about how we need to get back up to Georgia and see some new sights. Yes, Florida riding is paradise, but you need to get out of the sand once and awhile.