ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #16276
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,984
This offer is going fast...

So if you've got any vacation days saved up, use one this Friday.

So far we have 3 intrepid souls heading west on Thursday. Destination; motorcycle paradise.

Imagine if you will, an oasis at 2600ft elevation. No neighbors. The wind rippling up the valley. Gorgeous views. Soft grass for camping. The sweetest spring water you've ever sipped. Cool nights. Huge bonfires. In the midst of the best on and off road riding on the east coast. All this could be yours for only one vacation day from work.

Yes, I am an asshole. But I'm an asshole with a plan.....

No matter that. You all are invited. The place is empty. I'll be ready to party on Thursday night. I'll even lead a ride to roads untaken by most on Friday. You can even stay Friday night if you wish, but you've got to clear out by Saturday.

I've indoor plumbing, showers, two grills, refrigerators, a huge bonfire pit, and unlimited wood. Oh, and once we get the hay put up, 40 acres of camping fields.

Holla if you're interested.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #16277
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
Hay! Me thinks a barn/shed lifting awaits the intrepid visitors to paradise...

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #16278
dawgwhat
No Earthy Idea

Oddometer: 564
damnit Jeff you pick the worst weekend for me...
we are headed to the eastern shore for the week

let me no when your gonna do something like that again and I will ride or drive 2 give ya a hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
So if you've got any vacation days saved up, use one this Friday.

So far we have 3 intrepid souls heading west on Thursday. Destination; motorcycle paradise.

Imagine if you will, an oasis at 2600ft elevation. No neighbors. The wind rippling up the valley. Gorgeous views. Soft grass for camping. The sweetest spring water you've ever sipped. Cool nights. Huge bonfires. In the midst of the best on and off road riding on the east coast. All this could be yours for only one vacation day from work.

Yes, I am an asshole. But I'm an asshole with a plan.....

No matter that. You all are invited. The place is empty. I'll be ready to party on Thursday night. I'll even lead a ride to roads untaken by most on Friday. You can even stay Friday night if you wish, but you've got to clear out by Saturday.

I've indoor plumbing, showers, two grills, refrigerators, a huge bonfire pit, and unlimited wood. Oh, and once we get the hay put up, 40 acres of camping fields.

Holla if you're interested.

jeff
Old 06-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #16279
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,195
Just to give you a heads up...I just listed a canoe ($150) and three Razor electric dirtbikes($100 for all, only one runs, other two for spare parts) on Richmond CL this morning. Any ADV'er who contacts me has dibs!

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/3104012712.html

http://richmond.craigslist.org/spo/3104008429.html
Old 06-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #16280
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Just to give you a heads up...I just listed a canoe ($150) and three Razor electric dirtbikes($100 for all, only one runs, other two for spare parts) on Richmond CL this morning. Any ADV'er who contacts me has dibs!

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/3104012712.html

http://richmond.craigslist.org/spo/3104008429.html
You have a PM.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #16281
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Canoe has been SOLD to Scott "Boon Booni"

Certainly some local ADV'er could use the Razor dirtbikes I have for sale for a child, nephew, drunken parties, etc!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #16282
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgwhat View Post
damnit Jeff you pick the worst weekend for me...
we are headed to the eastern shore for the week

let me no when your gonna do something like that again and I will ride or drive 2 give ya a hand
Actually I didn't pick the weekend, it kinda picked me. And there is no fiendishly clever plan. I just had to be out here this week for all this work, and Teresa couldn't make it. So the Farm is open for visitors passing thru. No real plan. No hidden call for help. By Thursday I'll be ready to relax, and then ride on Friday. Looks like we might have 4 for Thursday night.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #16283
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Razor Dirtbikes

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post19004470
Old 06-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #16284
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
.......Maybe we should have tried bungee jumping first.
To be fair, I did start with the following back in January...

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn

MotoMujer screwed with this post 06-27-2012 at 04:22 PM
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #16285
MotoMujer
Adventurette

@ JHVA, I found that historical markers thread you mentioned. Just posted a few.

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
Old 06-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #16286
MotoMujer
Adventurette

@ Guy, Rick, ??? -- re: skydiving, Chuck suggested as a first step riding out to meet the folks at the two outfits he named earlier... chat group rates, what sort of events they host, etc. A ride to research, if you will. Chuck - can you PM us when you'll be in/out of town over the next few weeks so we can sort out a date for the research ride? (Would be happy to post the date/locations up for anyone else who might be interested in that ride...I'm sure food would be involved. ) I'm guessing dates for a "boogie" or other jump event would depend on where/when the boogies that we want to attend are.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #16287
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 931
skydiving

Here is a teaser for the interested skydivers. I used to do one on one instruction by mounting a camera on my belly looking up. It gives a great view of the students body, leg and arm positions. This was a guy with around 200 jumps. We were training for what they call .... "turns on a point". The goal is to turn 360 degrees but stay falling straight down.

skychs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #16288
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Canoe has been SOLD to Scott "Boon Booni"

Certainly some local ADV'er could use the Razor dirtbikes I have for sale for a child, nephew, drunken parties, etc!
Awesome, I can't wait to try it out.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #16289
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,761
I don't know if any of you have been watching the information about the fires in Colorado. I'm heading out there with my family in a few weeks and I like to hit the mountians at Colorado Springs. The Springs are burning up. If you are interested check out the fire threads in the Rockies regional forum.

There is also a thread for tshirts with all the money going to the Red Cross to help fire victims. Tens of Thousands have evacuated just in the Springs area. www.wildfiretees.com/products

Apparently the Pikes Peak Hill Climb is postponed.

Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #16290
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post

jeff
What vacay in motorcycle paradise looks like:

This poor soul missed the signal that the roof was being lowered before being reset:

Jeff: "suckers." They: "FFer lured us with talk about paradise and motorcycles..."

(Actually, we all knew we were there to help save the structure. Was a great time!)

MotoMujer screwed with this post 06-28-2012 at 01:33 PM