ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #17191
rctr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Looks like lunch was a hit!
Sorry I missed it, went to Sugar grove , Seneca rocks yesterday.
So where is the RTE next Friday?

Jimmy
Rctr
Old 09-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #17192
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctr View Post
Looks like lunch was a hit!
Sorry I missed it, went to Sugar grove , Seneca rocks yesterday.
So where is the RTE next Friday?

Jimmy
Rctr
Not sure anyone wants to think about it for a day or so.

Where ever it is, I'm gonna miss it. I'll be out of town on a w/e ride.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #17193
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACommuter View Post
Tell guy to keep the crumbs out of my transmission!

VAC
What crumbs? There were no crumbs

Old 09-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #17194
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 853
Hey chiplamb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplamb View Post
While working an estate in Maryland, I appraised and bought a bit of a basement-find - a 1990 Yamaha XT600 Dual Sport with just 10,500 miles from new. It had been down there for at least a decade and not ridden much at all. It's cleaning up nicely - I've been working on it the last few days - now just waiting on some parts to finish it up as well as two new tires. It is surplus to my needs, so if there's any serious local interest, PM me, I can pass on the savings and you can get yourself a nice little knock-around dual purpose machine.
Hey, whatever happened with this? Sounds like what I'm after!

"Iím lost. Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #17195
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
I'll definitely be going back. Also look forward to seeing their new place just down the street from Jeff's in Olde Towne Petersburg once they open.
Don't hold your breath. They are now over a year past their last "grand opening date". Front door is chained shut. Word in P-town is that the entire building is in legal limbo over unpaid bills, unpaid contractors, and unpaid taxes. I'd love to have a Croaker Spot just down the street from me, but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #17196
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPlate View Post
If anyone wants anything with the RVA Motoman logo I slapped this together: The prices kinda suck but its easy and I am all about easy. Someone else is going to have to figure out vinyl cut stickers as I do not have a reliable source.

--Thanks
Wyatt Signs here in Petersburg does great work and I've used them a lot. A good amount of my stickers on my bags came from them. They can also package the decals to be rubbed straight onto the surface as individual pieces, not as one big sticker. I'll be out of town for a while, but I'd say someone could contact Judy at Wyatt Signs, 804-733-5251. Website is www.Wyattsigns.com Tell her Jeff sent you.

j

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #17197
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Here's the deal for tomorrow...

1. Meet at the "Chubbies" gas station (4200 Anderson Highway, Powhatan, VA 23139) at the corner of Midlothian (60) and 522 at 0800 (I can imagine Mike groaning when he reads this!)

2. "Gravel Road Jedi Master" Andrew Lacy has agreed to guide us out on 60W to some gravel roads en route to Big Levels.

3. From there, have fun, help each other up, take some cool pictures, get some lunch along the way (snacks and water very strongly recommended) and then ride some twisties (maybe 56) back to the river city!

4. Try to be home before dark for dinner! (and Motrin!)

70% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon. Plan on getting wet. Sunday is supposed to be nice. I am willing to get rained on if everyone still wants to go tomorrow...If we went on Sunday, it would be a very sloppy mess, the creek and stream crossings will be river crossings and we will all get 25+ reps deadlifting our bikes upright...

So far it looks like me, Brenda, Andrew, maybe Mike, maybe Dan....Anybody else?
Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #17198
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
70% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon. Plan on getting wet. Sunday is supposed to be nice. I am willing to get rained on if everyone still wants to go tomorrow...If we went on Sunday, it would be a very sloppy mess, the creek and stream crossings will be river crossings and we will all get 25+ reps deadlifting our bikes upright...

Still in. See ya in the morning.

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #17199
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,556
Quote:

Are you kidding, we're mighty adventurers and will not be foiled by rain forecasts. Have rain suits will travel. (If it gets too crappy I'll just go home. it's only a couple hours out)

I was almost forced to bail..

after supper decided to throw on a older tire I had laying around. I took it off before a big trip this spring and it was too good to throw away. Better than what I was riding on so I switched em out.

Tires changed, ready to put the wheel back. I gather up the little cush drive rubbers and as I put them back in the carrier - come up two short. Crawled around looking under stuff and can't find 'em. Thought what the hell could I have done with them, did I accidently kick them across the garage.. and as I'm searching around I notice a prime suspect ...

*%!@# puppy!

Naturally this widens search zone and soon found one mauled but useable in the driveway and the other with minor chew marks upstairs by the couch. They're good enough for now, but I'll have to order some.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #17200
jwray76
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Can't afford to get away for an all dayer tomorrow, but I am planning on being at Poes around 9:30 on Sunday morning and then heading out for a bit afterwords. Hope to see some of you guys there.
jwray76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #17201
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,273
Barn door windsheild removed........Check!
Saddlebags and topcase removed...Check!
New tires...................................Check!
Zumo loaded with waypoints..........Check!
iPhone and GoPro fully charged.......Check!

See you in the morning!

P.S. As much as I enjoyed her, the Warthog and I just weren't meant for each other! She's a great, fun, reliable as an anvil bike who will better serve a more leisurely "trail rider". Besides, I'll never be able to catch Chuck, Dan, Jeremy and Mike B on their "big" dirtbikes on this thing!! I promise to give her a good bath before handing over the keys to the new customer!
http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/3257669790.html

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 09:00 PM
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #17202
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,123
Quote:
Barn door windsheild removed........Check!
Saddlebags and topcase removed...Check!
New tires...................................Check!
Zumo loaded with waypoints..........Check!
iPhone and GoPro fully charged.......Check!

See you in the morning!

P.S. As much as I enjoyed her, the Warthog and I just weren't meant for each other! She's a great, fun, reliable as an anvil bike who will better serve a more leisurely "trail rider". Besides, I'll never be able to catch Chuck, Dan, Jeremy and Mike B on their "big" dirtbikes on this thing!! I promise to give her a good bath before handing over the keys to the new customer!
http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/3257669790.html
Somehow not surprised to see this. Why am I thinking you are just going to have one bike and do it all with the GS? That being said, you should let higworld get first dibbs. It might be OK for what he wants or it might not.

Also, what tires did you put on?
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #17203
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Rode a 200 the other day. Tad too small for my fat ass frame. Felt like my knees were at my ears and couldn't stand up more than halfway because of the short distance between pegs and bars. Thanks for the thought though.

"Iím lost. Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
Old 09-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #17204
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Then again .. Do they make lowered pegs for that thing? Lol!

Actually, let me ask a question. The 200 I rode wouldn't get out of its own way. Absolutely zero power. Ran like crap. I've seen you ride, and I find it hard to believe you would put up with that. Is your 200 that underpowered? Or was this an experiment that ran its course?

Old 09-08-2012, 02:53 AM   #17205
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
Wyatt Signs here in Petersburg does great work and I've used them a lot. A good amount of my stickers on my bags came from them. They can also package the decals to be rubbed straight onto the surface as individual pieces, not as one big sticker. I'll be out of town for a while, but I'd say someone could contact Judy at Wyatt Signs, 804-733-5251. Website is www.Wyattsigns.com Tell her Jeff sent you.

j
Thanks Jeff.

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote