ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 04:02 AM   #17206
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,154
[QUOTE=higworld;19546401Is your 200 that underpowered? Or was this an experiment that ran its course?[/QUOTE]

The TW has 14hp, which is plenty for fun trail riding (it's targeted mission). It is PERFECT for things like Shoe Creek, The Mud Road, tooling around at a moderate clip in the NF and goofing off on the Chester to Dakar rally where the pace is not fast, but slower and more technical riding is required. I can make it hang pretty well with the bigger bikes...but she's not happy about it and I am scared that in time, she will protest expensively.

I am thinking about something that is more road/dirt worthy, that can easily take me 2 hours away in semi-comfort with twice (or more) the HP, suspension travel and doesn't mind becoming airborne with 220 pounds on it's back and can power roost out of turns! I sat on Chuck's DR400 at lunch last week and I was actually surprised that I didn't feel like I was sitting on the top of a 6' ladder!

I also saw a toy sitting at a dealership in NC that made me think...hummmm. That would be fun to play with for a year...We'll see.

Brenda, 0453...WTF?! Go back to bed!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:14 AM   #17207
Hack

Oddometer: 3,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Brenda, 0453...WTF?! Go back to bed!
Seriously. Hey at least she didn't wake you at 5:20am Have fun ya'll
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #17208
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,069
I had just gotten to bed at that time. I was slightly delayed getting to bed because the first hotel room the front desk assigned to me had somebody sleeping in it already. This is why you should lock the bar on the hotel room door. It could of been very awkward if I had not noticed the bag sitting by the couch and the laptop on the table. Oh and this was at Embassy suites near Dulles, not some hole in the wall.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #17209
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 3,132
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post
Hey Guy --- do you recognize this bike? The fine folks at Mortons tell me the previous owner was active in COG, so I thought you might know him and have some knowledge of the bike. 2003 that was traded in a few months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Heck yeah, that's Kurt Nordstorm's (KWN308) old bike. I can't believe that it's still there for that price. It probably has more money in farkles on it than the whole bike is worth by itself. If I were in the market for a pavement only steed, I'd buy it in a second.

P.S. Kurt is a A+ straight up guy who I understands takes excellent care of his toys.

I'm sure Steve Anderson would MUCH rather sell you that 2007 Royal Star that has been gathering dust there for over a year, LOL!
I can attest to the bike being worth looking at,..it is mechanically sound.
........he did take care of the thing well....it was always garage stored. what $$ were they asking for it?

take close note of the trailer attached to it....I was going to buy just the trailer from him for a grand a couple years ago....that rig is perfect for an across country "ADVenture"

note: I edited my post as I was thinking it was his wifes bike, but hers was an 88....

MAN OF BLUES screwed with this post 09-08-2012 at 11:39 AM
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #17210
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 852
Morton's is asking $4450, but I'm thinking I can drop that a bit.

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #17211
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,340
Quote:
Morton's is asking $4450, but I'm thinking I can drop that a bit.
Late 2011 MCN Value Guide had that bike at $3460 (later version is in the house). Now approaching the the end of 2012, I'm sure it is lower.

Of course, the UniGo trailer adds some value.,,,, for those who want something like that.

I have no idea if this bike is there on consignment, and my apologies to Kurt if it is, or simply a trade-in. Regardless, I wouldn't go much above $3000 for the package.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #17212
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 664
well, that was interesting

* my new boots worked - dumped rain and my feet stayed nice and dry - yay!

* thanks to Eddy and Mtnflow for the assist

* I'm in the market for a small dirt bike that I can pick up myself.

The End. :)

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #17213
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaP View Post
* my new boots worked - dumped rain and my feet stayed nice and dry - yay!

* thanks to Eddy and Mtnflow for the assist

* I'm in the market for a small dirt bike that I can pick up myself.

The End. :)
Boy howdy - did it ever rain there at the end.

My enduring memory for the day was when I got to see Halfplate nearly catch a buzzard in his teeth. I really thought he had it there for a second but it got away.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #17214
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 664
By request, photos from today's ride.

Here are the bikes:

And here is the mascot:

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #17215
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
sold my 03 a year ago for 2800, stock. Note that has an upgraded seat, wind shield, and of course the trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
I can attest to the bike being worth looking at,..it is mechanically sound.
........he did take care of the thing well....it was always garage stored. what $$ were they asking for it?

take close note of the trailer attached to it....I was going to buy just the trailer from him for a grand a couple years ago....that rig is perfect for an across country "ADVenture"

note: I edited my post as I was thinking it was his wifes bike, but hers was an 88....
COG 6517
tommyhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #17216
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Oddometer: 2,521
Somebody winding up his bike.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #17217
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Somebody winding up his bike.

Nice butt...Yeah, he must work out!
-Harry, Dumb and Dumber
Old 09-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #17218
kwn306
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Hey Guy --- do you recognize this bike? The fine folks at Mortons tell me the previous owner was active in COG, so I thought you might know him and have some knowledge of the bike. 2003 that was traded in a few months ago.

Yup, that is my old steed, nicked named "Pack Mule"

What do you want to know?
Old 09-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #17219
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 852
Kurt ... Just curious if there were any gotchas with the bike. Looks like its dripping a bit of oil. Didn't know if there were any issues when you had it.

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #17220
kwn306
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Kurt ... Just curious if there were any gotchas with the bike. Looks like its dripping a bit of oil. Didn't know if there were any issues when you had it.
Rick,

Just sent you a message, PM me if you have more ? about the bike.

Sue and I were at Willville over the weekend and just returned, Eddie had left me a voice message saying you were looking at the bike.

Had a blast at Willville, rode RT 16 up to Tazwell, what a fun road, ate lunch north of Tazwell at a place called Big Daddy's Family's Rest. Had the speacial, 12oz Rib eye, baked potato, a salad and a drink for $7.99, great food

Just as we were leaving the restaurant the bottom fell out, we were going to ride to Burke's Garden and then take a DS road down to RT 42 but since the rain was coming down so hard we bagged that idea. We rode RT 16 back to RT 42, to RT 77 to RT 58 back to Meadows of Dan, they didn't get any rain at Willville all day. It rained for about 30 minutes and cleared off and we had a beautiful sunset.

It was the Memories of Dan weekend at Willville and there was Beef Stew for dinner with French bread, there was a bucket to put in a donation for the meal.

There was frost on the pumkin this morning, it was 48 degs when I crawled out of the tent this morning to get Princess her morning cup of java. I sure glad Sue doesn't hang out on this forum or I would be dead