ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #17971
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,276
This is spam, plain and simple.

I am offering the following items for sale to the locals before putting them up on Craig's List.

Campbell-Hausfeld 13 gal. air compressor. Comes with 100 ft. of air line and coupler. Excellent working condition. I no longer need it since I have a plumbed up air system in the garage.

1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager. 152,077 miles. The only thing wrong with this vehicle is a sagging headliner. New battery and water pump. Needs nothing. Purchased in 1999 and we are the second owners.

Taken after inspection last year.

All pix at:
http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Other/19...0196579_GLFSVD

Huffy Rock Ridge 24 inch, 21 speed bicycle. Like new condition, probably only ridden 10 times. Eddy saw this bike the other day when picking up a wheel.

All pix at:
http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Other/Hu...6047343_pVnfFz

Complete drum set. Not in perfect condition, but would make an excellent starter set. Several components are brand new.

All pix at:
http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Other/Dr...6046171_QS7trf

Please PM me if interested in any of the above.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #17972
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post

I am offering the following items for sale to the locals before putting them up on Craig's List.Complete drum set. Not in perfect condition, but would make an excellent starter set. Several components are brand new.

I'll start taking up a collection so we can buy the drum's for Eddy's kids.

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #17973
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
LOL!

I've got an electric guitar and amp too. They could start a band................

Old 10-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #17974
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post

LOL! Too late! My sister already got her payback for many years us giving her kids loud, battery operated, toys by buying Gabriel a set of drums and Elena a (loud) Barbie electric guitar last Christmas! I hate it when they play them at 0700 on Saturday morning! Fortunately, this has tapered off a bit! I'm sure I will miss that racket one day when they are teenagers...I guess it will be replaced by them blaring their music like I used to do.

We had a great time riding yesterday! I like the DRZ MUCH more than the TW. It still needs some farkles like a lower seat, ROX risers, a real skid plate and some more lights (and a left rear turn signal that was donated to the Shoe Creek gods after I tried to dab the ground and got nothing but air).

I think I did well to keep up after I realized at the end of the day that I forgot to pressure down to F20/R18 from F32/R30. My forearms, shoulders and back are sore today! I slept for 11 hours last night! Lynn wasn't amused when she got back from church with the kids and I was still sound asleep.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #17975
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
LOL! Too late! My sister already got her payback for many years us giving her kids loud, battery operated, toys by buying Gabriel a set of drums and Elena a (loud) Barbie electric guitar last Christmas! I hate it when they play them at 0700 on Saturday morning! Fortunately, this has tapered off a bit! I'm sure I will miss that racket one day when they are teenagers...I guess it will be replaced by them blaring their music like I used to do.

We had a great time riding yesterday! I like the DRZ MUCH more than the TW. It still needs some farkles like a lower seat, ROX risers, a real skid plate and some more lights (and a left rear turn signal that was donated to the Shoe Creek gods after I tried to dab the ground and got nothing but air).

I think I did well to keep up after I realized at the end of the day that I forgot to pressure down to F20/R18 from F32/R30. My forearms, shoulders and back are sore today! I slept for 11 hours last night! Lynn wasn't amused when she got back from church with the kids and I was still sound asleep.
These are real instruments, i.e., no batteries. Surely the funds required for a delayed (future) bike purchase would be better well spent on the future musical education of your children - doncha think???

Old 10-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #17976
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,620
I might be interested in the compressor...can you pm me a price?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #17977
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
I might be interested in the compressor...can you pm me a price?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
PM sent
Old 10-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #17978
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,941
Went out to explore a fire road today that I had been meaning to look at for quite a bit. The GPS called it flag pole road and showed it connecting to a few other jeep trails/fire roads. I ended up turning around since I was solo and it started being a long series of downhill stone steps populated with lots of loose baseball sized rocks. I'll have to look on the maps to see where the other end comes out at. I also discovered my rear turn signals don't work when I got home.

Next time I should also look at the weather forecast first. Mesh gear was not the best choice for today, even with liners. I just assumed today would be like yesterday.

jgiacobbe screwed with this post 10-21-2012 at 06:36 PM Reason: spell check changed my words
jgiacobbe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #17979
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Went out to explore a fire road today that I had been meaning to look at for quite a bit. The GPS called it flag pole road and showed it connecting to a few other jeep trails/fire roads. I ended up turning around since I was solo and it started being a long series of downhill stone steps populated with lots of loose baseball sized rocks. I'll have to look on the maps to see where the other end comes out at. I also discovered my rear turn signals don't work when I got home.

Next time I should also look at the weather forecast first. Mesh gear was not the best choice for today, even with liners. I just assumed today would be like yesterday.
Off 33 West of Harrisonburg?
B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #17980
gastone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,954
Quote:

Sounds like Union Springs/Stone Camp.
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:58 AM   #17981
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastone View Post
Sounds like Union Springs/Stone Camp.
Looking on google maps that was it.
jgiacobbe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #17982
gastone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,954
Quote:
Looking on google maps that was it.
If you would have taken the left immediately prior to when the shit got ugly you would have been much better off. That puts you on Skidmore Fork Road which runs all the way to 33.

Edit: I'm assuming that because you mentioned Flagpole you were starting up by Reddish Knob.
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #17983
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 847
RTE Suggestion

OK, we've had some interesting ideas and whatnot on the RTE, but how's this for a happy compromise? We keep it here in "chatter", (which seemed to be the agreement), and a single person decides that week's restaurant (again, something we all seemed to find acceptable). But here's the twist --- whoever is the "picker" also gets to name the next week's picker. For instance ...

Let's say I am this weeks OSOTR (Official Selector Of The Restaurant). I choose XYZ Meats and Ale. I also name Greg as the ADVer in charge of next week. We all dine and enjoy each others company. Next week, Greg as usual bails (LOL!), but still gets to pick the place and the person for week three. And so on, and so on.

Work for everyone? Seems to be self-managing and will keep the chat about "where" to a minimum. (And to keep things simple, I am willing to be this week's OSOTR). Wadda ya say?

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #17984
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oddometer: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post
OK, we've had some interesting ideas and whatnot on the RTE, but how's this for a happy compromise? We keep it here in "chatter", (which seemed to be the agreement), and a single person decides that week's restaurant (again, something we all seemed to find acceptable). But here's the twist --- whoever is the "picker" also gets to name the next week's picker. For instance ...

Let's say I am this weeks OSOTR (Official Selector Of The Restaurant). I choose XYZ Meats and Ale. I also name Greg as the ADVer in charge of next week. We all dine and enjoy each others company. Next week, Greg as usual bails (LOL!), but still gets to pick the place and the person for week three. And so on, and so on.

Work for everyone? Seems to be self-managing and will keep the chat about "where" to a minimum. (And to keep things simple, I am willing to be this week's OSOTR). Wadda ya say?

Picker should be chosen from the attendees.......
Sic Semper Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #17985
Falcon86
I just work here.

Oddometer: 1,631
Hey guys, I tend to hang out more in the HR Chatter thread, but it seems more of you FF's head westward (and on a more frequent basis).

Any of you gentlemen ever head out toward Marlinton/Snowshoe and know of any good fire/gravel roads out there? I posted in the WV Dual Sport thread but not much response, though it's only been a day.

Cheers!
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote